• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Answer A Question With A Question

Are we to assume then that you all in fact like Daemons? Or that I'm a touch-typist who can't find the sodding question mark on a QWERTY keyboard?

What the devil is a QUERTY keyboard?

(It's called QWERTYUIOP cuz of the arrangement of the keys on the top row of your standard keyboard for simplicity for touch-typists as they are arranged by means of popular keys!)

How can you not understand what a QUERTY keyboard is?

(It should be called QWERTYUIOP, but I guess QWERTY is just the more popular name.)

Do you know that some of the buttons differ on a QWERTY keyboard?
(For example,on this key board in front of me (the only one I need to press F5 over 9000 times) has the up arrow/PgUp button in between the ?// and Right Shift key)

Have you ever seen different laptop keyboards?

(They seem to have minor differences like that, and I jus got the distinct impression from what you seem to know about keyboard layouts for letters in particular, as a touch-typist, the first thing you learn is where the keys are in relation to where your fingers are supposed to go: Left Hand fingers over ASDF and thumb on Space Bar, with Right Hand fingers over JKL; and thumb on Space Bar! And your right pinky goes over the semi-colon/colon key, by the way!)

(there's the "ergonomic" which is supposed to be better for your hands, and germans use QWERTZ (y and z are switched, with some minor other stuff)

Why don't we all just forget about keyboards and go have some tea?

Can't we have a traditional full English roast complete with Yorkshire Puddings, fresh chips as peeled, cut and fried by me, gravy and whatever you fancy instead?

(My nephew loves my chips!)

Back
Top Bottom