• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Would it be possible to control the movements of Magical Leaf (e.g. instead of sending them at an opponent, the leaves orbit the users body instead)? If it helps with your decision, the Pokemon who is to use Magical Leaf is a Pokemon well-versed in psychic abilities.

Would it be possible to control the movements of Magical Leaf (e.g. instead of sending them at an opponent, the leaves orbit the users body instead)? If it helps with your decision, the Pokemon who is to use Magical Leaf is a Pokemon well-versed in psychic abilities.
You can direct magical leaf at something other than an opponent, although you wouldn't get very fine-grained control unless you combined it with some kind of psychic manipulation. Like, if you wanted to fire it at a rock or in some target other than an opponent, it would be fine, but if you wanted the specific effect you mentioned (circling a pokémon's body) you would need to combine it with confusion or psychic.

Would a Phione also be able to use Acid Armor to melt into the water, or just a Vaporeon like the attack description implies?
Phione can also vanish.

In an appeal, can a Pokemon use Future Sight, as the first action, and have it appear after the second action?
No.

Can destiny bond be combined with endure, or at least try to take advantage of endure's increased priority?

If destiny bond is used by a player's last pokémon, and it knocks out the opponent's last pokémon, does the battle end in a draw? If not, who wins?

No on combining destiny bond with endure. If both pokemon are knocked out with destiny bond and the match ends, it's a draw unless stated otherwise in that particular battle's rules.

Razor wind's info is completely wrong unless you made some sort of intentional change to it. It's 80-power, 100% accuracy and has a high crit chance--you don't mention the crit rate and I have no idea where you got those numbers. :/

Is pickup a guaranteed thing, or does it have a specific chance of activation? If so, what are the odds?

Pickup: This pokémon is adept at sniffing out hidden items lying around an arena and delights in bringing trinkets back to its trainer. What exactly is found varies by the arena, but regardless of the terrain this pokémon will manage to find and collect one small, interesting item, which it will hold onto until the end of the battle during each round it remains in play. Its trainer can then take these items and sell them later, resulting in a monetary payoff of $1 for each round that this pokémon was in battle at the end of the match. This money is in addition to any prizes that might be received by the pokémon's trainer. Also, a pokémon with this ability may be commanded to take a standard action to actively search the arena for a particularly valuable item, resulting in the monetary reward for that round of battle to be $3 instead of $1. However, the total money gained by way of this ability may never exceed $10.

Is it possible to combine Shadow Claw and Poison Jab? If so, what type would something like that have, and how would it be classified contest-wise?
Yes. The poison jab aspect of the attack would deal poison damage, while the shadow claw would deal ghost-type damage. They are calculated independently of one another. Likewise, their contest points are assessed separately, so each attack retains its original type. A bonus is applied on top of these points if the combo works well.

Razor wind's info is completely wrong unless you made some sort of intentional change to it. It's 80-power, 100% accuracy and has a high crit chance--you don't mention the crit rate and I have no idea where you got those numbers. :/
Fixed.

Incidentally, I'm going to be redoing the attack guide (and other sticky threads) beginning next week, so if there are any problems/typos you see or you dislike the way any moves are handled at the moment, now would be a good time to speak up. This suggestion thread is still open if you're interested.

I think the next guide could be a tad more precise in what regards two-turn moves. Specially in what regards what moves can land during the charge-up, and whether the charge-up is obligatory or not (which I'm pretty sure it is at least when using Fly and Dig).

Can do. For the record, there are no attacks in ASB that require two actions to execute, including fly and dig.

You mean when it isn't sunny? No, it just costs more energy and is a little slow. It wouldn't be as low-priority as focus punch, which is *really* slow.

Speaking of attacks like Solarbeam and Hyper Beam, when you're re-doing things it might be handy to specify how much "a lot of energy" or "more energy than usual" is supposed to be. I've got three consecutive Hyper Beams to work with whenever I get my lazy arse back to reffing and I'm not quite sure how much energy to charge for them :p Frankly I'm not even sure if it means I need to tack a little extra on at the end or whether Hyper Beam would just inherently cost tons of energy due to its high BP.

Unless it's up to the ref to decide that, in which case ignore everything.

I try to avoid being specific about energy cost in attack guide entries because referees don't all use the same scale, and if I set a specific amount of energy it wouldn't make sense for all of them. Personally I tack around 3% extra energy onto hyper beam and the like, after what I would normally calculate for an attack of that base power.

Regarding Rollout, do you have to keep using it until it misses, or is it possible to stop halfway?

Back
Top Bottom