• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

If a Pokémon uses Explosion, does anyone get exp for fainting it?

Yup, whoever was on the field at the time gets the EXP.

Negrek, I remember you saying that if both Pokemon faint on the same action, then they both get the winner's EXP. Does this hold true with Explosion? What about recoil moves?

In those cases, the pokémon aren't getting knocked out at the same time. So the pokémon that was knocked out by selfdestruct gets the winner's EXP (the pokémon using the attack faints before damage is dealt; also, if you use explosion with your last pokémon, you should be considered the loser for this reason); the pokémon that used the recoil attack gets the winner's EXP, since it faints only after the opponent goes down.

If both went down to e.g. perish song, though, they'd both get the winner's EXP.

Hum, last time Squornshellous asked, you said that no, no one received exp.

Proof

In the battle, since both my Swablu and Blastoise's Pichu fainted due to my Swablu's Perish Song, then they should both get an additionnal exp / happiness point.

EDIT: Wait no. Actually, Nikolas received the right amount (2) while my Swablu misses one.

Which is not a big deal, actually, since she already evolved. Just to point it out.

EDIT: Here's the post.

Last edited:
>_>

Since exp is quite hard to get in ASB, wasting one to Perish Song is quite uncool, imo. Maybe the user should be considered fainted first, like Selfdestruct, because the target technically KO's the ohter Pokémon - you have to be very desperate to use Perish Song, meaning the target had done its job.

Anyways, just my two cents, do whatever you prefer.

With perish song, it's entirely possible that the user isn't even on the field any more, so that wouldn't make for a reliable penalty.

If you perish song with your last pokémon you are going to do no better than end the match in a draw; why would you get winner's EXP for that? It's your choice to accept the draw and lower reward rather than attempting to fight it out for something better.

Can you use moves that don't require movement or much thought while asleep, or just Sleep Talk or Snore?

If a paralyzed pokemon were to use Conversion to change into a ground-type, would it still be paralyzed?

If I use a switching move like Volt Switch, do I have to announce my intended replacement along with the command, or can I wait until after it works and I'm giving commands for next round?

You should declare your replacement when you declare the move. The action on which you switch still needs to be completed, and the opponent's attack may still need a target, etc..

Can you use moves that don't require movement or much thought while asleep, or just Sleep Talk or Snore?
Ordinarily the only commands that can be executed while asleep are sleep talk, snore, chill, and "do nothing."

Charge Beam should roll for its side effect as long as it's successfully fired, right? Even if it misses or hits a ground-type or something? (And the same goes for other moves, like AncientPower?)

Could you combine Mach Punch and Close Combat?

I would allow it myself, yes. However to be safe you can wait for Negrek's answer.

Charge Beam should roll for its side effect as long as it's successfully fired, right? Even if it misses or hits a ground-type or something? (And the same goes for other moves, like AncientPower?)

I can definitely say yes for Charge Beam; I've used it in that manner against Negrek's Onix, and she didn't say anything about the reffing. I'd assume a similar principle would apply to other such moves.

Back
Top Bottom