• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Babelfish...the goblet of funniness

Who doesn't like Babelfish? What are your insane phrases from Babelfish that you've done?

ORIGINAL: Victreebel is my favorite Pokemon. It is a pitcher plant Pokemon that develops acid to hurt opponents.

Through Dutch: Victreebel are my favoriete Pokemon. It is a water pitcher installation Pokemon which develops heartburn to hurt antagonists.
((...it develops heartburn to hurt antagonists? That's, er, um, odd. Tums, anyone?))

Put that through French: Victreebel are my favoriete Pokemon. C' is a Pokemon installation of jug of l' water which develops the burn d' stomach to wound antagonists.
((What's l' water? Who's C'? What's a d' stomach? I'm so confused))

Now through German: Victreebel are my favoriete Pokemon. C' a Pokemon is installation of the jug l' Water, that the fire d' developed; Stomach to wound to the antagonists.
(("That the fire d' developed?" The stomach is to wound the antagonists? I never put anything about a stomach in there!!))

Now let's do GREEK: Victreebel is my favoriete Pokemon. C'? is Pokemon installation of jug l'? Water, which the fire d'? developed Stomach in order to it hurts in the opponents.
((Now there are randomly inserted question marks, and the fire d'? developed the Stomach in order to it hurts IN the opponents. How'd they lodge the extra stomach in the opponent?))

Hmm, anyone for Italian? : Victreebel is mine favoriete Pokemon. C'? it is l' installation of Pokemon of the water jug l'? Water, than the fire d'? stomach developed for damages in the adversaries.
((Now we see a case in which weirdness has completely taken over reason. "it is l' installation of Pokemon of the water jug l'? Water" ...WTH???))

Let's go with Portuguese: Victreebel is favoriete Pokemon of the mine. C'? he is l' the installation of Pokemon of the water jar l'? Water, of what the fire d'? the stomach became for the damages in the adversaries.
((It is the favorite Pokemon of the mine? Hmm, so miners value Victreebel as much as me apparently. "Water, of what the fire d'?" That sounds somewhat poetic. "the stomach became for the damages in the adversaries" So am I to understand that the enemy's stomach turned against them?))

Finally, Spanish: Victreebel is favoriete Pokemon of the mine. C'? it is l' the installation of Pokemon of the jar l' of the water;? It waters, what the fire d'? the stomach became for the damages the adversaries.
((So apparently Victreebel waters the fire d'? stomach. That's just weird))

So, what do you have?

Random paragraph translation, just into Dutch, because it's so long.

ENGLISH:

"Come on!" the red-haired girl yelled to her friends. They gathered right outside my hiding spot. "Okay, we've looked for him everywhere, and we still can't find him.Where can we look next?" I laughed. The reason I picked my hometown is because it's so obvious, no one would have thought of it. Especially those angry mobs.

(Hehe, random paragraph from my fanfiction, Freedom, told from the perspective of Ash, who's trying to hide from angry mobs. Honestly, who would've thought an unexpected event would have made everyone go, "OMG YOU'RE AN EVIL LIAR"? Poor Ash.)

In Dutch:

" Come on! " the red-haired girl yelled to her friends. They gathered right outside my hiding sneer. " Okay, we' ve looked for him everywhere, and we still can' t find him. Where can we garlic next? " I laughed. The reason I picked my hometown are because it' s so obvious, no one would property thought or it. Especially those angry mobs.

(O_O Random sneers, garlic, and property.)

Random sentences, in Dutch, then Japanese.

English:

In your dearest memories, do you remember loving me? Though you're gone, I still believe that you can call out my name.

(From Melodies of Life, which used to be my favorite song.)

Dutch-ified:

In your dearest memories, do you remember loving me? Though you' re gone, I still believe that you can call out my nasty.

(NASTY?)

Then Japanese-ified:

In your dearest memories and do you remember loving me? Though you' re gone and I still believe that you can call out my nasty.

(Random ands. To be expected.)

And for the grand finale:

English: COME ON!

(It's very comedic.)

Spanish:

IT EATS ON!

(I love this, especially when a character yells it.)

I found that by accident. ^^

On topic...

More randomness:

In English:

"This reminds me of something..." commented Lily once they reached a giant statue of Groudon. Suddenly, a screech rang out in her head. She could hear someone-a female-shouting, "I figured it out! The stone fits into the statue, right where Groudon's heart should be!" Another voice-this one was a male's- yelled, "Good work!" Lily shouted, "I remember something now! I was traveling with-" Something suddenly bonked her on the head. "Now I lost it..."

(It's rather lighthearted, compared to Freedom. Lily has memory problems because a certain Pokemon *cough Dusknoir cough* keeps hitting her at the worst time.)

French-ified:

" This reminds me off something… " commented Lily ounce they reached has giant off statue Groudon. Suddenly, has screech row out in her head. She could hear someone-a female-shouting, " I figured it out! The stone fits into the statue, right where Groudon' S heart should Be! " Another voice-this one has male' S yelled, " Good work! " Lily shouted, " I remember something now! I was dolly with-" Something suddenly bonked her one the head. " Now I lost it… "

("A"="Has"? O_O Also, DOLLY?!?)

English said:
And whenever you're dark inside,
Don't let go; no, don't let go.
Remember there's rain and there's candy and Christmasy winter snow,
And remember I love you the same,
And I'll strangle your pain,
And he tells me to sing,
So I sing, so I sing,
For my brother who keeps me sane,
And tells me everything will be,
OK.
This is a really sad song, you know. Let's see what happens to it.

Japanese said:
When and being inside it is dark, with anytime, in order to go you do not have to allocate,; It does not allocate no, in order to go. The winter of candy and Christmasy remembers the snow, and in order to sing, therefore I sing, therefore I me health the singing which is
maintained, saying to me for my is sibling, and me pain, the rain saying that he as for everything, tightens good certain thing in me, the same remembers I love.

Chinese said:
When with is inside it is dark, with any time, in order to is you does not have to allocate,; It does not allocate does not have, in order to is. Winter the candy and Christmasy remember the snow, with in order to sing, therefore I sing, therefore my I sing am safeguarded, said to me for me is brothers' health, and my pain, he as for all, strengthens some matter in mine rain view, similarly remembers I love.

German said:
If with it is inside is darkly, with at any time, is you must not assign,; it does not point has not, is too. Winters remember the sugar refinery and the Christmasy snow, also for singing, therefore I sing, therefore mine sing I supported in the morning well-known, as with me for me the health of the brothers is and my pain, it which all concerns, strengthens a certain material in the sight of the rain of my, remember love of I pareillement.

Italian said:
If with it it is the inner part is dark, with anytime, he is you does not have to assign,; it does not indicate does not have, is also. The inverni they are remembered of the sugar refinery and the snow of Christmasy, also in order to sing, therefore song, therefore the mine sings it has supported to the very famous morning, as with me for me the health of the siblings is and my pain, it which all the worries, reinforce sure material in the sight of the rain of mine, are remembered of the love of the pareillement of I.

Portuguese said:
If with it it will be the internal part is dark, with at any time, it is you does not have that to attribute,; does not indicate does not have, is also. Inverni is remembered of the sugar refinery and of the snow of Christmasy, the end to also sing, consequently of song, consequently the mine sings supported it to the very famous morning, as with me for me the health of siblings is and my pain, it which all worries it, strengthens the certain material in the sight of the rain of mine, is remembered of the love of pareillement of I.

Spainish said:
If with him it is the internal part is dark, with at any time, he you are you do not have that to attribute,; she does not indicate does not have, is also. Inverni remembers of the sugar refinery and the snow of Christmasy, the end also to sing, therefore of the song, therefore the mine sings used to the very famous morning, as with me for me the health of brothers is and my pain, he which whole worries, consolidates the certain material in the Vista of rain mine, remembers of the love of pareillement of I.

Ummm... wow. Didn't get my outa my funk, though.

Original: Pikachu is overmarketed. And that's why everyone hates it tender at night. LOL. Wait, not just LOL, ROFL. No, ROFLMAO. Yeah, I think that's sufficcient. And why the crap doesn't Ash evolve his Pikachu? That thing's gotta be at least level 70 now. And he STILL has problems with Gym leaders!? What is with that???

To Japanese and back:

As for Pikachu there is overmarketed. And that is why it hates that everyone is soft in the night. LOL. waiting, LOL and ROFL which are not fair. Calling to obtain, ROFLMAO. Obtaining you obtain, I who am sufficcient think. And doesn't the ash why make junk develop that Pikachu? At least 70 being horizontal now you obtained the. And he still problem of the leader of gymnastics! It possesses? That something? ? Certain?

Um.... Everyone is soft in the night? And LOL and ROFL are not fair? I'm sufficient??? And The Ash make junk develop that Pikachu? And Pokemon are acrobats... Next one.

To French:

As for Pikachu there is overmarketed. And this is why it hates that each one is soft the night. Make an attempt LOL., LOL and ROFL which are not right. Inviting to obtain, ROFLMAO. While obtaining to you obtain, I that AM sufficcient think. And not ash why made refuse develop this Pikachu? At least 70 being horizontal now obtained to you. And it always problem of the chief of the gymnastics! It has? What something? ? Some?

I'm Still sufficient. And 70 is horizontal now. Gym Leaders have problems. And LOL and ROFL are wrong. And Pikachu hates soft things.

Spanish:

As far as Pikachu there is overmarketed. And this is the reason by which it hates that each is smooth the night. Make an attempt LOL., LOL and ROFL that correct. Inviting to obtain, ROFLMAO. Whereas it obtains you you obtain, Is that sufficcient think. And nonash-gray porqué the done sweepings develops east Pikachu? At least 70 that horizontal is now obtained you. And he always problem of the head of gymnastics! It has? What something? Some?

Pika is a place now. I laugh at your feeble attempts, LOL. And Ash is nonash- gray and sweeping up the developments of East Pikachu. And Pika hates smooth things.

Okay, I'ma translate the Firefox slogan thingee.

Original: Let the four become one, let the fire burn on.

French: Leave the four become one, let fire burn in function.
(So you have to leave the four, become one, and let fire burn in function all by itself? No way, man.)

German: If you let the four in to become, let fire in the function burn.
(So if I let the four in a place to become, and let fire in a function burn, what the heck is going to happen?)

Italian: If left the four within becoming, lasci the fire in the function to
burn itself. (This sounds like some kinda warning, that if I leave the four within becoming, it will burn itself or something. 0_0 And what the HECK is lasci?)

Portuguese: If left the four inside to become, lasci the fire in the function to
be burnt.
(Not much change, still talking about leaving and being burnt.)

Spanish: If interior four is let to become, lasci the fire in the function that
will be burned.
(So now the interior four, I'm guessing it's talking about when they kinda go into my mind or something, has nothing done about it and is "let to become," the fire in the function will be burned. So... That's a good thing. For me, anyway. Whatever.)

Wow. Those are really weird. O_O

Victreebel is favoriete Pokemon of the mine. C'? it is l' the installation of Pokemon of the jar l' of the water;? It waters, what the fire d'? the stomach became for the damages the adversaries.

How does that work? Stupid Babelfish.

I feel like YTAS today.

English: Super special awesome!

Chinese: Super specially formidable!

Dutch: Super special ontzagwekkend!

French: Impressing special superb!

German: Super special ehrfürchtiges!

Greek: Excellent additional terrible!

Italian: Impressionant spécial excellent!

Japanese: Extreme special it keeps being surprised

Korean: Top is special the top! which

Portuguese: Impressive special super!

Russian: Super- special imposing!

Spanish: Impressive special wonderful!

Japanese was odd, but Korean made no sense at all. Some of these have words that didn't translate.

Last edited:
XD This is a funny one.

Original English Text:
We all love the cave of dragonflies!

Translated to Japanese:
We love the cave of all dragonflies!

Translated to Chinese:
We love all dragonflies hole!

Translated to French:
We like all the hole of dragonflies!

Translated to German:
We like the whole drilling of the spirit levels!

Translated to Italian:
We appreciate to perforate entire of the levels of spirit!

Translated to Portuguese:
We appreciate to punch whole number of the levels of the spirit!

Translated to Spanish:
We appreciated to perforate the whole number of the levels of the
alcohol!

OK, here's a description of the SSBB stage Battlefield I made.

"The battlefield is a stage that's always existed, now with a realistic background. The most simple stage, one main platform with three others in a triangle above it. The background changes, cycling from day to dusk to night to morning."

Through Japanese:

The battlefield is the phase where the realistic background which
always exists has been attached, now. The simplest phase, 3 other 1
principal platforms of three rectangularities on that. From day it
modifies the background thin in in gloom night morning, wraps.

Through chinese:

The battlefield now is the realistic background always has the
enclosed phase. Simplest phase, three rectangularities 3 other 1 chief
platform in that. It modifies the background from the date thin in the
dark night of morning, line feeds.

Through French:

The battle field is now the realistic bottom always has the phase
included. The simplest phase, three rectangularities 3 other
platform 1 as a chief in that. It slightly modifies the bottom of
the date in the dark night of the morning, return to the line.

Through German:

The battle catch is the realistic lower surface leaves open the phase
now to always include. The simplest phase, three of rectangularities 3
other platform 1 than conductors in that. It modifies the lower
surface of the date to something at the dark night of the morning,
return to the line.

Through Italian:

The battle detention is the realistichi sheets of the lower surface
opens the phase hour in order to always include. The simpler phase,
three of rectangularities the 3 other platform 1 that the conductors
in how much. Modification the lower surface of the date to something
to the dark night of the morning, return to the line.

Through Portuguese:

Detention of the battle is the leves of realistichi of the surface
lowest opens the hour of the A stage the end to always include. The
phase simplest, three of rectangularities the 3 to another platform 1
this the conductors in how much. Modification the surface lowest of
the date something to the dark night of the morning, rollback to the
string.

Through Spanish:

The halting of the battle is the slight ones of realistichi of lowest
superficial opens to the hour of the stage of A the end to always
include. The simplest phase, three of rectangularities the 3 to
another platform 1 this the conductors in how much. Modification under
the more possible surface of the date something to the dark night in
the morning, restoration nonupdated to the chain.

So, in the Battlefield, battle halts slightly. It's the simplest phase, with three rectangularities and something about conductors. Modification has to do with the date, but it was nonupdated...

Now let's do GREEK: Victreebel is my favoriete Pokemon. C'? is Pokemon installation of jug l'? Water, which the fire d'? developed Stomach in order to it hurts in the opponents.
((Now there are randomly inserted question marks, and the fire d'? developed the Stomach in order to it hurts IN the opponents. How'd they lodge the extra stomach in the opponent?))

The random Question marks are there because In Greek, they use semi-colons ; in pacle of question marks, therefore when you translate it back into English, it reads the Greek text, sees the semi-colons and assumes they are supposed to be question marks.

Anyway, sorry to go off topic. I... don't really have anything much...

Let's try Lucario's flavor text, shall we?

First Diamond's

It has the ability to sense the auras of all things. It understands human speech.

Translated to French:
It has the capacity to feel will have them of all the things. It
includes/understands the human speech.

Translated to German:
It has the capacity to believe has it all things. It

Translated to Italian:
It has the ability to believe has it all the things. It

It has the ability to believe has it all the things. It

Translated to Spanish:
It has the capacity to believe has all the things. He

Meh, kinda boring. Now let's try Pearl's.

By catching the aura emanating from others, it can read their thoughts and movements.

Translated to French:
By catching will have it emanating from others, it can read their
thoughts and movements.

Translated to German:
By having interception, it, to leak out from others can it their
thoughts and movements read.

Translated to Italian:
Having it the interception, to fuoriuscire outside from others can it
their cultured thoughts and movements.

Having the o interception, to fuoriuscire its cultivated thoughts and
movements are of another one can it.

Translated to Spanish:
Having the interception of or, to fuoriuscire their cultivated
thoughts and movements are of another one can he.

By the way, there's an easy way to do this: Here's a link for you.

SPEAKING OF WHICH :D

I translated the chorus of one of my favorite songs. Observe:

And since the day I left Milwaukee
Lynchburg, Bordeaux, France
Been makin' a fool out of folks
just like you
and helpin' white people dance
I am medicine and I am poison
I can help you up or make you fall
you had some of the best times
you'll never remember with me
Alcohol
Nothing wrong here.

Through French:
And since day I left Milwaukee Lynchburg, Bordeaux, France Be makin by imbecile out of people like-Juste you and dances white people of helpin I am medicine and I am poison I can help you upwards or make you the fall where you had some of best times you' ; the L never remembers with me l' alcohol
The L never remembers with me. Sure.

THAT through Italian:
And from the day it has left Milwaukee Lynchburg, Bordeaux, France is makin from imbecile from people as-Juste you and dances people white woman of helpin that they are medicine and they are poison I can help it towards l' high or rendergli the fall where you have had some of better periods you' ; L never does not remember with me l' alcool
Some of better periods. If only they existed. >>

And finally the above through Dutch.
And of the day the Millwaukee Lynchburg, have Bordeaux to leave, are France makin of imbecile of people zoals-Juste you and dance people white woman of tending tenon that they medicine to be and they poison is I it to l' can help; high or rendergli the fall where you what of better periods you' have had; ; L never reminds none l' with me; alcool
Apparently Milwaukee and Lynchburg have to leave Bordeaux. And just what are zoals? Or rendergli?

Yeeaaaaah. :/

English: Piplup is my favorite Pokemon. It's like a frozen Torchic, only cuter!

Chinese: Piplup is Pokemon which I like. It' s likes frozen Torchic, only even more teases to like!
(Even more teases to like?)

Dutch: Piplup are my favoriete Pokemon. It' s such as only leukere froze bug torchic!
(Frozen bug? O.o;)

French: Piplup is my preferred Pokemon. It' ; S like frozen Torchic, only nicer!
(Not that bad.)

German: Piplup is my favourite Pokemon. It' s like a frozen Torchic, only more nicely!
(Also not that bad, only there's a grammar error in the last sentence.)

Greek: Piplup is my beloved Pokemon. It'? s as frozen Torchic, only cuter!
(It's as frozen Torchic?)

Italian: Piplup is my favorite Pokemon. It's gradice a frozen Torchic, only more wide awake!
(Gradice? More wide awake?)

Japanese: Piplup is Pokemon of my taste. It's just is lovelier likes Torchic which is frozen!
(Pokemon of my taste?)

Korean: Piplup is Pokemon where holds in my mind. It's is cuter only likes Torchic where freezes! where
(Piplup is Pokemon where holds in my mind? What?!)

Portuguese: Piplup is my favourite Pokemon. It's likes a congealed Torchic, only prettier!
(Congealed? Prettier?)

Russian: Piplup my favorite Pokemon. It's loves frozen Torchic, only more dear!
(It's loves frozen Torchic?)

Spanish: Piplup is my favourite Pokemon. It's has taste of a congealed Torchic, only prettier!
(It's has taste of a congealed Torchic?)

Babelfish is a bad translator. Wow...

I hate quick reply. I apparently posted a big long translation, and now it's only gone and not been posted....

I'm trying to imagine Brad Paisley singing that instead of the usual version.

I love that song too. :D
Ha, glad I'm not alone. :D

AAANYWAY

To be on-topic, I randomly picked another song I like and put it through. Observe:

I'm goin' home, gonna load my shotgun
Wait by the door and light a cigarette
If he wants a fight well now he's got one
And he ain't seen me crazy yet
He slapped my face and he shook me like a rag doll
Don't that sound like a real man
I'm going to show him what a little girls made of
Gunpowder and lead
This song is awesome.

But is it still awesome through, say, Greek?
I'? m goin'? does the house, charge my hunting arm Does wait for from the door and you turn on a cigarette If it wants a fight well now he'? s take did one And this ain'? did t that sees my my [trelloy] still person also shake me as a doll Don'? that rags t sound as a real individual I'? m that goes it presents to him which small girls [fiagmena] from gunpowder and lead
Fiagmina. Trelloy. WTF.

Now that through Japanese:
I'? m goin'? does the house and charge my hunting arm Does wait for from the DOOR and you turn ON a cigarette If it wants a fight well now he'? s take did one And this ain'? did t that sees my my [trelloy] still person also shake me as a doll Don'? that rags t sound as a real individual I'? m that goes it presents to him which small girls [fiagmena] from gunpowder and lead
So now we've got charging hunting arms and turning on cigarettes.

Aaaaand finally, we'll run it through Chinese:
I'? m goin'? does the house and charge my hunting arm Does wait for from the DOOR and you turn ON a cigarette If it wants a fight well now he'? s take did one And this ain'? did t that sees my my [trelloy] still person also shake me as a doll Don'? that rags t sound as a real individual I'? m that goes it presents to him which small girls [fiagmena] from gunpowder and lead
This needs no explanation. :/

Back
Top Bottom