• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Backwards Mafia [D7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do so detest people just popping up to say "lynch/don't trust so and so" and then leaving it at that. It carries no weight or credibility whatsoever. No one will believe you if you don't provide a reason; I can't defend myself, if necessary, if you don't provide a reason. Even if it's just a hunch, admitting that is better than sounding cryptic and vague and hoping someone will follow along. A good townie is clear and helpful, not cryptic.

Does that sort of response also make me more suspicious of you? Not necessarily. It is, however, a very annoying habit that wastes time (what if you don't log on again before nightfall and lose your chance to convince us? you could've just said so right there!) and I would love it if people would stop that.

Okay then, I know this is gonna get me killed in the night, but I'm an Inspector, and Kratos is Mafia.

Also HighMoon and Windragon are both innocent.

Why didn't you speak up in the first place, then? Who else did you find innocent?

(And also is anyone else going to react to that?)

I would be fine with going for Kratos--personally, they always seemed a little suspicious to me. Zackrai, if Grass King dies innocent, go after them; if Kratos dies innocent, go after him.

There haven't been any mafia members who died in the night, if I recall correctly, so there's no reason why this shouldn't work.

Because as soon as I say I'm an inspector, then I become a target for the mafia, but since there was a chance I was to be lynched then I had to get the info out. Those three are the only ones I know the alignments of, who are still alive.

Then why are you voting for HighMoon instead if she's also a confirmed innocent (you inspected her yourself!)?

Because as soon as I say I'm an inspector, then I become a target for the mafia, but since there was a chance I was to be lynched then I had to get the info out. Those three are the only ones I know the alignments of, who are still alive.

What have your other inspections been? (And yes, why vote for HighMoon, then?) Also, why did you say that you thought there was only one inspector when you were making your lists?

Withdrawing my vote for HighMoon.

I voted for HighMoon since people were considering the two of us and she voted for me, while no-one was voting for her so I evened it up, and forgot about the alignments I knew.

The people I inspected were HighMoon, Glace, Flower Doll, Butterfree, Kratos and Windragon. (I forgot a couple of times.) And from what I've told you, we know the alignments of all of these.

I said there was only one Inspector to avoid compromising my identity and making myself a target.

Anyway Voting for Kratos Aurion. If we lynch it and they're not mafia then lynch me tomorrow. However there's no other way to prove my claims.

See when an inspector gets a mafia result they tell people. So when exactly were you going to tell us then??? Grass King

Cause at this rate there is what... one mafia left? Lynch them tonight and if they are innocent lynch Kratos tomorrow.

Phantom, part of the reason why he may not have said anything is likely to do with either of the following options.

1) We believe him, but he gets killed during the night by either the Mafia or a Healer clash.
2) We believe him and the Healers don't protect them because they figure the other healer will do it and don't want to cause a Healer clash
3) We don't believe him and we either lynch him or the Mafia gets him.

Either way, without the Healers saying "Hey, I'll protect you" without drawing the attention of the Mafia for one night and killing the Inspector the night after...it tends to get hard to admit you are actually helpful when it means you are ultimately painting a bull's-eye on yourself and wearing a sign saying "Kill me and I'll explode into rainbow confetti and candy! :D"

I can sort of understand waiting for at least a day to tell people you've found mafia, though waiting for too long carries its own risks aside from coming off as distrustful. What I'm not buying here is "forgetting" that HighMoon was innocent when it really shouldn't have been that hard to double-check—that would've been the first thing I'd've done, especially since there was still time left at the time. Lynch Grass King.

For the record, I am just a civilian. Not a particularly exciting claim, and I admit it's one I can't substantiate, but as I've said before I didn't necessarily want to point the mafia away from me and toward anyone potentially more important. Honestly I would've expected to be targeted before now, but I guess the mafia was just feeling generous? At any rate, we got lucky enough to make it this far with both doctors still intact, though at this rate the mafia's going to know where to look. Ah, well.

The people I inspected were HighMoon, Glace, Flower Doll, Butterfree, Kratos and Windragon. (I forgot a couple of times.) And from what I've told you, we know the alignments of all of these.

Iunno, Flower Doll and Butterfree turned up mafia, so I assume you checked them before they were lynched? Like Kratos said, saying something about them might have been good. Though, I don't see how you'd benefit from confirming me innocent, so I'm sort of inclined to believe you right now.

And like it's been said before, it's sort of suspicious that Kratos is alive if they're not mafia blah blah blah, mafias like killing mods? Grass King, when did you inspect Kratos?

So you guys have been talking waaay longer than you're supposed to have been, but since I can't go back in time to when I should have told you to zip it, you have another six hours to decide on what you want to do and clean up your discussion. For your reference, the votes at present are as follows:

Mai - 1
Kratos Aurion - 1
Grass King - 3

If a tie occurs, ghost votes will be used to break it.

... Yeah, I have no idea where my vote is going (other than myself I guess). At the moment my instincts are still shouting "SHUT UP RATIONAL SELF KRATOS IS MAFIA", but at the same time I'm almost entirely certain that's just leftover paranoia from the tournament battle. I suppose that's a thing that can exist.

See when an inspector gets a mafia result they tell people. So when exactly were you going to tell us then??? Grass King

That's not always the case. Usually, when I play inspector, I wait until either day 4 or two mafia readings not in a row before claiming, if it's a fairly large game.

Can you tell us on which nights you inspected each of those people?

You only actually seem to have forgotten your action on one night; did you really just happen to forget about the game only during the day phases? I'd expect an inspector who doesn't want to claim (which I guess is less risky in a game like this when e could still reveal everything after eir death) to make more of an effort to try to influence the town to lynch someone that e's found to be mafia. Suggesting an inactive lynch of Flower Doll probably wouldn't have gotten much opposition, for example.

Lynching Grass King seems to me like the best way to go here. If he flips innocent, we can probably assume all that he's told us is true and lynch Kratos the next day or have Zackrai target em during the night. If we lynch Kratos, we can't be sure of Grass King's results regardless of what we learn about eir alignment: if e flips mafia, that doesn't necessarily make Grass King innocent, and if e flips innocent, we'll know that Grass King is not innocent, but we still won't know if he's lying about HighMoon and Windragon's alignments. After all, the most effective inspector fakeclaim would contain a combination of true and false results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom