• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Bands/groups you've seen live?

I'm seeing Sonata Arctica for the third time on Thursday. *brags*

And I guess since other people are posting long lists, I'll do it too. I've omitted bands that I really didn't give a damn about. :P

Rotting Christ
Cannibal Corpse x2
Korpiklaani x2
Moonsorrow
Primordial
Slayer
Megadeth x2
Ensiferum x2 (soon to be x3)
Dream Theater x3
Woods of Ypres x2
Obituary
Sonata Arctica x2 (soon to be x3)
Averse Sephira
Watain
Cephalic Carnage
Dimmu Borgir x2
Behemoth
Opeth x3
Between the Buried and Me x2
Three x2
In Flames x2
Children of Bodom
Dark Tranquillity x3 (I also travelled furthest to see them because I love them)
Iron Maiden
Finntroll
Warbringer x3
Ahab
Verbal Deception x9285023859026 god damn
Amon Amarth x2, plus I met them 'cause they came into the store that I worked
The Absence x2
Impaled
Metallica x2
Powerglove
Turisas
Kataklysm x2
Dark Forest x3-ish
Goatwhore x3
Gwar x2
Roger Waters
Melechesh
Inquisition
Wolves in the Throne Room
3 Inches of Blood x2
The Tennessee Three
Johnny Winter
Dixie Chicks
Fear Factory
Suffocation
Decapitated
Hypocrisy (soon to be x2)

I would love to see Sonata Arctica, Apocalyptica and Mastodon. o.o

*jealous*
i'm seeing them in December, just in case you needed salt rubbing into those wounds. :P

so far I've seen: KoRn (fun story: I was still kinda into them when I booked the tickets, was mostly apathetic towards them during the gig, and pretty much can't stand them these days), the Fratellis (absolutely wonderful live, and iirc this was just after they released their new album so much awesome was to be had), the Kooks (eh they were cool), and some old fogey bands at a weird festival that my 'rents dragged me off to one time. and that's it, apart from some classical stuff.

this christmas, as well as Sonata Arctica i'm also gonna see Electric Six which should be nice for a bit of lulz.

"IT'S MAH DESIIIIIAAAAH"

In chronological order;

Status Quo
Meat Loaf
The Fratellis
Kaiser Chiefs
Coheed and Cambria
Queens of the Stone Age
Linkin Park
Rolo Tomassi

Some Irish bands none of you have ever heard of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Garbanzo
I hate being surrounded by large crowds of people I don't know.

My uncle's friend is like that, dunno the name exactly but when I looked it up it came up with a variety of agoraphobia or maybe a social phobia.

Already stated. :P

And damnit, I really should look up where Sonata Arctica are playing. D:

Okay that's it I'm gonna look it up D:

Edit: No where near me <:/

Last edited:
in rough chronological order..

my bloody valentine (opener was kurt.. heasley.. of a band called the lillys)
of montreal
dj moneypenny? i was waiting for animal collective to start, please forgive me
kaskade... i was still waiting.
no age
animal collective
yeah yeah yeahs
dan deacon
gang gang dance
passion pit
deerhunter

i want sooooooo bad to see atlas sound next month but that's not likely.

I've actually never been to a concert, but as of about fourty-five minutes ago I'm saving up for an Honor society concert. Cause they're THAT GOOD.

oh my God I just saw a DVD of them performing live and I want to see them more than EVER.

They're so adorable, plus they're the kind of group that loves talking to their fans :DDDDDDDDDDD

Streetlight Manifesto; best concert I've ever been to, at a little hole-in-the-wall place in Cincinnati.
Reel Big Fish and a smallish hotshot band called Tip The Van were also performing there. (Reel Big Fish was the lead act but Streetlight totally stole the show.)

Last edited:
oh shit I'm bout to drop mad names yo

Trans-Siberian Orchestra like five times or something they need to release that new album already

Machine Head, who was some generic opening act for Megadeth, who -in turn- were opening for Heaven & Hell, which is the name Black Sabbath now tours under, with Ronnie James Dio as the vocalist, that was one hell of a show

Pop Evil, who was a shitty opening act that had way too much pop and not enough evil, they were opening for a join concert between Whitesnake, everyone knows a song by them even if they don't know it yet, and Judas Priest, who I've seen a couple times now.

Been to Ozzfest a few times, it sucks now so I don't bother.

Saw Iron Maiden on their Matter of Life and Death tour, some retard made MCR the opener, and they had to play some UFO over the PA system to make the crowd less bored.

Caught Dragonforce twice and noted how they really -can't- play that well and scoffed like a proper snob.

saw Chickenfoot earlier this year, hell of a show

relatedly I've seen Sammy Hagar quite a few times, the man throws one hell of a party

saw the Pat Matheny group, which was pretty cool

I've seen B.B. King perform, and that was definitely the most friendly concert experience I've had

went to a show that had Frank Zappa's son, Dweezil, in a thing called Zappa plays Zappa. Steve Vai was there, it was quite the act

I've seen the Alex Skolnik Trio, not that any of you know who they are

saw Joe Satriani on his own and with Chickenfoot, still the best guitarist around in my opinion

saw Dream Theater live, doing their systematic chaos tour

I've seen Black Label Society a handful of times as well

bunch of other stuff I can't remember, I've been to a lot of shows

Machine Head, who was some generic opening act for Megadeth, who -in turn- were opening for Heaven & Hell, which is the name Black Sabbath now tours under, with Ronnie James Dio as the vocalist, that was one hell of a show

I saw them open for Megadeth and Slayer. I didn't list them because I'm not into their music, but I still wouldn't call them "some generic opening act". They're quite established, have a huge fan base, and have been around since the early '90s.

the makers
guitar wolf
various local shows

i don't have any money so i don't get to see much
i'm working on trying though

I don't really go to gigs haha. Which is silly because I mean hel-lo, T IN THE PARK WHY HAVE I NEVER GONE GOD.

I've seen Franz Ferdinand live! :B

I saw them open for Megadeth and Slayer. I didn't list them because I'm not into their music, but I still wouldn't call them "some generic opening act". They're quite established, have a huge fan base, and have been around since the early '90s.
I listed them as that because that's what they were
I've seen Chickenfoot too; terrible.
the problem is I'm such a sucker for Joe Satriani and Hagar's vocals appeal to my inner white trash that part of me likes them even if it's way below Satriani's skill level

Oh right I forgot a good one but instead of editing my post like a normal person I'm just gonna post again YEAH

Blue Man Group, twice, both times with the talented Mike Relm as the opening act.

Back
Top Bottom