• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Bands/groups you've seen live?

i have seen um

buckethead (opened by the most hardcore tuba player to ever live. i got to hand buckethead a piece of fanart i drew of him and he gave me a baby doll in exchange. feels good man)

iron maiden (opened by dream theatre [who rocked an insane amount]. bruce dickinson was jumping around the stage like a monkey on steroids it was awesome)

primus, and gogol bordello (opened by this crazy awesome half-jazz, half-noise/hardcore punk band called the dead kenny g's. i had a load of fun at this one, all three bands were really energetic and fun. les claypool is a god.)

megadeth (opened by testament. high holy god i did not know dave mustaine has so much hair. he looked like a sheepdog poodle mop. this was on the american carnage tour, so slayer was there playing after megadeth, but i was with a friend and said friend wanted to go home after 'deth so we didn't stay for slayer. kinda regret that now because i don't think i would ever go to see slayer by themselves but it would be nice to catch a glimpse, so this was kind of a missed opportunity.)

the cult (opened by this obscure band from australia or something called the black ryder. black ryder was pretty cool and the cult just kicked ass, had a great setlist and my buddy and mum and i were the first ones to get in line at the venue, and nobody else showed up for another hour or so; we got there REALLY early. early enough so we actually heard them practicing some songs before the show started, which was really cool.)

i also saw a pink floyd tribute band. their bassist was great. got to meet the guys in the band, they were all really nice and i got the bassist's autograph.

Last edited:
Skillet
The Buddies
Leeland
David Crowder Band
Barcelona
Copeland
Relient K :DDDDD

This isn't an extensive list, but these are my favorites.

I have a feeling I've missed a couple out, there were a few :S Meh definitely seen all these anyway, some were better than others hahaa.

Amputated
Artillery
Avulsed
Breedapart
Detrimentum
Dillenger Escape Plan
Dirty Pretty Things
Dyscarnate
Enter Shikari
Evile
Fleshrot
Flotsam and Jetsam
Immolation x2
Ingested
Keane
Machine Head
Malefice
Marduk
Megadeth
Metallica
Morbid Angel
Muse
My Chemical Romance
Nile
Overkill
Poison The Well
Razorlight
Rose West
Satyricon
Ted Maul
The Streets
Thursday
Tonight Is Goodbye
Trigger The Bloodshed
Vader
Yourcodenameismilo

Today we went to West Chester cause my school's chorus was signing there. Of course, Honor Society was there two days ago.

Go figure -.-

Vienna Teng, The Roches, and Jonathan Coulton. All awesome. I think that's it...

DragonForce (x3)
Deathstars (x2)
Machine Head
Arch Enemy
Shadows Fall
Trivium
Therapy?
Turisas (x2)
Aiden (x2)
Gojira
Norther
Children Of Bodom
Cannibal Corpse
Alestorm
Tyr
Bleed From Within
Gogol Bordello

I've also seen a few forgettable support bands that aren't really worth mentioning. In December I'm off to see DragonForce (again) and Satyricon (which I'm epically excited about). :D

Bowling for Soup, Muse and Reel Big Fish. And I'll be seeing Utada Hikaru next February with Cirrus <3

Not a very impressive list, but dammit, live shows are expensive.

None I can think of as of now--no one anybody would know, at any rate--because I'm not really much of a concert goer. All those people packed into one place, ugh. But if I can swing it so that I am less poor I intend to see Kamelot, Nocturnal Rites and some bands I've never heard of when they come to my state next September. I hate people, but for Kamelot I will suck it up.

You'll have a great time. I've gone to shows alone - if you don't want to be harassed you won't be. Everybody, particularly at metal shows, and even more particularly at something like Kamelot, is perfectly happy just to enjoy the show. They'll just clap and cheer and bang their heads. It's not a Slayer show, nobody will be mosh pitting.

Back
Top Bottom