• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best threads in TCoD history?

Luxcario

'Humans are interesting.'
Pronoun
he
What the title says. I myself nominate "randomness is not funny" and "Newbies/seniors?" but what I really want to know is what you guys think.

The old forum pairings thread caused quite a stir. (it's previous incarnation, not the current one.) That's noteworthy, at least.

Those invisionfree threads.

They're better than anything we had here.

As for my current vote, anything Terry T. posted. If only because it's been so long since we've had something similar. Not that it's a bad thing, but a girl needs entertainment, y'know?

everything i've ever posted in my entire time

because i'm fuckin hilarious

• Terry T's poetry thread
  • that one CC thread where the guy couldn't masturbate any more because his mom told him he had to keep his door open
  • that one thread where Turbo's friend told him the government was going to lock up everyone with ADHD

There was Gary Oak's introduction thread that turned into an all out slam poetry battle.

Also the Battle For Asber thread deserves mention.

Dātura;568934 said:
Regarding Light Mightyena always sticks out in my mind. It's embarrassing to look back on that and see how poorly we handled the situation. (Mother expresses concern over her daughter. Solution? Yell at and insult the mother, apparently.)
I dug some... interesting pictures up:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/icedragon2211/lightm.png
http://img14.exs.cx/img14/2229/15-LMBanner.png
http://img54.exs.cx/img54/8691/dd-lightdark.png

Hey, I think there's a Light Mightyena at this forums? Is she the same one? What happened in the end?

• Terry T's poetry thread
  • that one CC thread where the guy couldn't masturbate any more because his mom told him he had to keep his door open
  • that one thread where Turbo's friend told him the government was going to lock up everyone with ADHD

Argh, I wish these weren't restricted viewing :o(

The last two were on the old vB and don't seem to be salvageable via the wayback machine (although if you look in May 2008 you can see Turbo's is the latest post in the Insanity forum!). The Pokepoems one is right here though.

Personally, I don't see the appeal of Randomness is Not Funny or what Newbie/seniors became because... uh, well, randomness is not funny. Period.

Dātura;568934 said:
Regarding Light Mightyena always sticks out in my mind. It's embarrassing to look back on that and see how poorly we handled the situation. (Mother expresses concern over her daughter. Solution? Yell at and insult the mother, apparently.)

I'll always have fond memories of the Keczilla drama. And, of course, the wonderful forum newspaper.

Those first two are amusing in a painful way. Shame I can't see the third, though.

(The old version of ASB seems... interesting. Official betting on the outcomes of a tournament?)

Dātura;568934 said:

Wow, that was before my time, but I remember it because it was one of the threads I browsed before joining.... Nidokingu? Name I haven't heard in a loong time.

And the Keczilla drama... I don't rememember, but they never did get to come back did they?

Also Turbo's threads, all of them, we need to make a list of as many as we can find and laugh at them.

Also: I remembered my old password for IF! Heehee...

Back
Top Bottom