• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

boss vs Ampharos

let's just do as much damage in a blaze of manly spirit

gigadrain ~ toxic ~ energyball

Start with Attract to try and get lucky later on, then Hidden Power to see what we got there. Finally, if you were hit with Toxic use Facade, if not use Chip Away.

Attract ~ Hidden Power ~ Facade/Chip Away

Hockey Rink

Your NHL-standard hockey rink (if you don't know what that looks like, here) with out nets. Pokemon are not permitted to leave the rink and go into the stands, though they may stand on the plexiglass surrounding the rink i they so wish (if they fall off on the seating side, they're teleported to the center of the rink).

As the Pokemon are sliding around the ice, moves that require physical contact will have their accuracy reduced by 10%. Any other moves that require the user to produce a large beam, a plentiful amount of flames, etc. will cause the user to be propelled backwards.

Ampharos (xO)
timburr
Izudarati (m) <Sheer Force>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
- 'Woah... ice.'

boss (Oo)
foongus
Mary (F) <Effect Spore>
Health: 51%
Energy: 26%
- ':D' Attack / sp. attack +2, top is slightly frozen.​

Izudarati immediately steadies himself upon release by using his wooden plank as a walking stick, resting his head on top and glancing at the foongus that must be his enemy. He's never faced a foongus before. Strange. And it already looks worn down. And his first commands are even stranger. He plumps himself up as much as he can, trying to look pretty or... something, and leans all cool-like against his wooden plank. What a badass. Mary blinks in surprise, not expecting her opponent to be all flirty. She's sort of... turned on, despite herself. Everyone loves the bad boy, right? It's not her fault! Izudarati leans an arm on his plank, winking at Mary, and that's it, she's sold. He owns her heart.

In fact, she can't remember what her trainer said - or did she have a trainer? Whatever, that timburr is just so sexy, she scoots closer and murrs at him. Izudarati chuckles all cool-like and acts like, you know, he doesn't need her. He's just there to be sexy.

And even sexier, he draws up a few bright orbs that shine very similarly to the ice in the arena; not exactly the same though, they're a deeper green, and grow much deeper, and then they fling out towards Mary and sting her already singed skin. She yelps, and Izudarati looks completely unapologetic. Mary hesitates, but then she gets it - it was a gift! Of course. She smiles hesitantly, and Izudarati smiles back, but he still doesn't really need her. That kind of hurts. She wants him to need her.

She still can't remember her trainer. Izudarati has a strange power over her, so overwhelming, he's just so cool. She tries to be just as cool, just as endearing, but he doesn't pay her any attention. Why doesn't he love her? What's wrong with her? There must be something she could do to earn his heart...

Finally Izudarati turns his attention to her, but not in a way she'd like. He wanders closer, unsteady on the ice, and hammers into her with his fists, finding the exact spots to hit that are unprotected. She yelps each time she's hit, wondering what she's done to deserve this. She kept trying to earn his love, and she keeps getting hurt. Izudarati steps back, aloof as ever, and Mary tries to hide her tears, knowing he bears no sympathy.​

Ampharos (xO)
timburr
Energy: 84%
- 'B]' Hidden Power dragon typed.

boss (Oo)
foongus
Mary (F) <Effect Spore>
Health: 39%
Energy: 23%
- '<3?' Attack / sp. attack +2, top is slightly frozen; attracted (severe).

Arena Notes:
None.

Final Notes:
- Mary was fully attracted on all the actions.
- Izudarati's HP is dragon type.
- Ampharos next.

Pathos. You just made my day with that Attract description.

OK, some good luck our way. Not a super-effective Hidden Power, but still good. Start off with a Bulk-Up. She might just faint from your sexiness, and boosted attack is always good. Continue with that next turn, unless she hits through the Attraction on the first action, then use Chip Away. Chip Away on the last action as well, unless she hit you both actions, then use Swagger because that means the Attractedness is pretty much gone anyway.

Bulk Up ~ Bulk Up/Chip Away ~ Chip Away/Swagger

Izudarati needs a better move than Chip Away D:

whoa creepy, i didn't know mushrooms could murr. but anyway would you snap out of it, he's no good for you. he's only half the man you are! lay this sucker to rest

spore ~ spore ~ spore

Hockey Rink

Your NHL-standard hockey rink (if you don't know what that looks like, here) with out nets. Pokemon are not permitted to leave the rink and go into the stands, though they may stand on the plexiglass surrounding the rink i they so wish (if they fall off on the seating side, they're teleported to the center of the rink).

As the Pokemon are sliding around the ice, moves that require physical contact will have their accuracy reduced by 10%. Any other moves that require the user to produce a large beam, a plentiful amount of flames, etc. will cause the user to be propelled backwards.

Ampharos (xO)
timburr
Energy: 84%
- 'B]' Hidden Power dragon typed.

boss (Oo)
foongus
Mary (F) <Effect Spore>
Energy: 23%
- '<3?' Attack / sp. attack +2, top is slightly frozen; attracted (severe).​

Izudarati grins at Mary and shows off his muscles. While Mary admires them, they start to grow right before her eyes - Izudarati is flexing them for her and bam, bam, they stretch and grow and he's suddenly all bulky and hot and sweaty like a cool sports player after a big game. Mary swoons, he blows her off, it's nothing, really. He's just naturally sexy, what can he do?

But Mary, she thinks he needs a rest. After all that work, all sexy babies need rest. She's sure of it. She shakes herself and releases a few spores; they flow over to Izudarati and he turns, looking at them warily, and as he breathes in he begins to grow tired. He's not sure why - he is tired of Mary's fawning over him, although it's sort of appealing too, having someone always assure him of his awesomeness - but then he can't even consider why anymore because his eyes are closing and he's losing his grip on his wooden plank and his head falls onto the ice, and he's asleep.

Mary grins with pride. Finally, she's given him a gift! They're even now. She scoots over and shovers herself under his arm, moving his plank over, and they cuddle all cute-like. Now he belongs to her. Allllll hers.

Izudarati snores, and Mary pats his nose. Just to make sure he's asleep, she releases some more spores; he breathes them in but they don't do much. She curls up in his arms, stretching, and the ice on her top begins to melt a bit. She considers it a gift from him, as a thank you for the sleep.​

Ampharos (xO)
timburr
Energy: 78%
- *snore* Hidden Power dragon typed, atk/def +1; asleep (severe).

boss (Oo)
foongus
Mary (F) <Effect Spore>
Energy: 14%
- *snuggle* Attack / sp. attack +2, top is slightly frozen; attracted (moderate).

Arena Notes:
None.

Final Notes:
- Mary was fully attracted on the final action.
- boss next.

ha, take that you punk! well mary i think this is the end of the line.

energy ball ~ energy ball ~ flash

Bah. No Snore or Sleep Talk for Timburr. Well, I think Pokemon can Chill while they're asleep, so do that. If not, do nothing as long as your asleep. If you wake up, just hit her with Poison Jab. I failed to realize that it will have a base power of 100 with Sheer Force in effect.

Chill/Nothing/Poison Jab x3

Hockey Rink

Ampharos (xO)
timburr
Energy: 78%

boss (Oo)
foongus
Mary (F) <Effect Spore>
Energy: 14%
- *snuggle* Attack / sp. attack +2, top is slightly frozen; attracted (moderate).​

Mary considers for a moment. She's not sure she wants to give Izudarati any more gifts - he hasn't really thanked her for her first one! But, well, why not. She is tired, and comfy, but hell, why not. She opens her mouth and a bright green jelly-ish orb spills out, flowing into the air and onto Izudarati. It bursts open, spilling its energy onto him; he shakes in his sleep but doesn't wake up, only mumbles something, maybe he's sleeping. Maybe he's thanking Mary for the present? She's sure that's it.

She's pretty exhausted after that; she'd much prefer to lie down with her love, keep cuddling, but he did thank her. She feels compelled to give him another present, even though the mere thought of it nearly makes her faint from exhaustion. Still, she yawns and another jelly-shaped orb falls from her mouth, spilling onto Izudarati; it's much smaller, and Mary blinks tiredly as it splashes onto her love - he murmurs in pain at the energy flowing onto him - and her sight goes black, darkening, she can't keep her eyes open even to look at his pretty sleeping body -

Her head falls to the ice, unconscious, exhausted, right beside the arms of her sleeping love. She's quickly returned to her pokeball, Izudarati none the wiser.​

Ampharos (xO)
timburr
Health: 78%
Energy: 98%
Chills used: 2/3

boss (xo)
foongus
Mary (F) <Effect Spore>
Energy: 0%
- Fainted.

Arena Notes:
None.

Final Notes:
- I forgot about limited chills... :D? I don't think it was a problem though.
- Second Energy Ball was much weaker because Mary barely had enough energy to pull it off.
- boss sends out, Ampharos attacks, boss attacks.

i was hoping to do a bit more damage before you fell unconscious but hey what can you do about it.

here's a totally obvious choice: go Jack! [m / taillow]

bo-oss. I didn't send out a blatant type-match against your Foongus. I could've sent out my Taillow or my Scyther, but I was nice and I sent out a Fighting type. You're mean D:

Anyway, Izzy, you're pretty useless as you won't WAKE UP GODAMIT. So do Nothing as long as you are asleep. The first action that you wake up, Smack Down and get him out of the air. Then use Hammer Arms until the end of the Round.

Nothing/Smack Down ~ Nothing/Smack Down/Hammer Arm ~ Nothing/Smack Down/Hammer Arm

why not? the goal is to win and do anything to meet that end

quick attack ~ focus energy ~ aerial ace

Hockey Rink

Ampharos (xO)
timburr
Health: 78%
Energy: 98%

boss (xO)
taillow
Jack (m) <Guts>
Energy: 100%
- 'COLD.'​

Jack shivers upon release; why is it that every pokemon sent onto this arena seems to hate it? Birds, mushrooms, earth-types? Only Izudarati doesn't seem to mind, and he's asleep. Jack tilts his head at that - strange, to be sent out against a sleeping opponent, but he's not gonna complain.

He flaps up into the air (a bit hard when the air is so cold and still) and zooms forward, slamming into the hard and snoring timburr. Izudarati grumbles and waves his hand in the air at Jack, who quickly slides away on the ice; his quick attack was barely noticed. Not that Izudarati would notice, being asleep, but still, Jack expected more than... that. More than a hand-wave. It was insulting, sort of.

He tried to balance on the ice and ignore the freezing in his talons. Instead of brought focus to his mind, calming himself and intensifying his energy. He could feel his brain working harder - he could feel it - or maybe that was the cold getting to him, but either way when he opened his eyes he swore he could sense all of Izudarati's weak spots just calling out to him, like those worms early in the morning that wanted to be eaten. It was destiny that he'd hit Izudarati perfectly. Fate.

He jumped into the air and swooped down, carving the air into Izudarati as he slammed into him - this time there was a considerable reaction. The timburr oomfed as Jack hit, and the taillow bounced off, waving his wings rapidly to rebalance himself and settle on the ice again. He knew he'd missed his target, that weak area, but he'd still hurt Izudarati, he could tell. More than before. And it looked like the damage was catching up; Izudarati was grumbling a lot more, probably almost waking up.​

Ampharos (xO)
timburr
Health: 66%
Energy: 95%
- *grumblegrumblesnore* Hidden Power dragon typed, atk/def +1; asleep (slight).

boss (xO)
taillow
Jack (m) <Guts>
Energy: 92%
- 'STILL COLD.' Focused (3 more rounds).

Arena Notes:
None.

Final Notes:
- Bad rolls, Izudarati. :[
- boss next.

Nothing if your asleep, Smack Down on the first turn you're awake, then Counter on all turns afterward

Nothing/Smack Down ~ Nothing/Smack Down/Counter x2

Hockey Rink

Ampharos (xO)
timburr
Energy: 95%
- *grumblegrumblesnore* Hidden Power dragon typed, atk/def +1; asleep (slight).

boss (xO)
taillow
Jack (m) <Guts>
Energy: 92%
- 'STILL COLD.' Focused (3 more rounds).​

Jack caws and confidently wings his way towards the still sleeping Izudarati, pecking him on the head harshly without a care. Just as he's about to flap away, however, it seems that that was the last straw - and the sleeping timburr bursts awake, jumping off the ice and before the taillow cans squawk its name, Izudarati comes tumbling down above him, landing in a heap on the tiny bird. Jack struggles to get out, cawing and scratching at Izudarati's bulk, but he can't - claustrophobia sets in and he's stuck and then all of a sudden the heap moves and gets up and Jack tries to fly away -

... but he can't. His wings, something's happened and they're stuck or broken and they won't work. He flaps helplessly; not only did that hurt, but he's broken now. He shivers in cold and pain and fear; this all-too-easy battle has now become much too scary for his liking.

Izudarati grips his wooden plank and gets up, taking in all his new scratches he'd gotten while he slept. What a dirty, dirty tactic. He glares disdainfully at Jack. So that's who did this to him? Well, he'd just have to get even then.

Jack winced and walked towards Izudarati, unsteady on his feet; the taillow reached out and began to peck at Izudarati, who simply stood still and took the attack. Jack was almost ready to feel comfortable again when Izudarati grinned and swung his wooden plank into the tiny taillow, releasing the pent energy he'd taken from the received attack. Jack flew through the air and landed on the ice, skidding away before picking himself up with his wings and claws - what the hell! He really wished he could put that thing to sleep again, because this was way more violent than he'd expected.

Unfortunately, he couldn't. All he could do was attack. He gripped the ice and kicked off, skimming over it swiftly and slamming into Izudarati with as much force as he could, leaving a nasty red gash. Just as he hit, though, Izudarati swung around and smacked Jack with the same force Jack had used to hit him - the same energy he'd used to slam into Izudarati sent Jack flying through the air, landing even further away than before. He landed unsteadily with a deep grunt, nearly cracking the ice, positive he'd broken a bone; he got shakily to his feet, checking his wings - they didn't work but he didn't want to break them.

As he looked at Izudarati, he could at least tell the timburr was looking worse than he was. He was covered in scratches, mostly small but so many that it was hard to see to his actual skin. He was breathing hard - not from exhaustion but pain. Still, Jack had taken so much damage from that thing in just one round that he would not underestimate him again.​

Ampharos (xO)
timburr
Health: 49%
Energy: 75%
- "Yeah, I'm bad." Hidden Power dragon typed, atk/def +1.

boss (xO)
taillow
Jack (m) <Guts>
Energy: 86%
- "Halp D:" Focused (2 more rounds); grounded.

Arena Notes:
None.

Final Notes:
- Ampharos next.

Goddam forum glitching on me and not telling me this has been updated >:(

Anyhoo, that worked quite well, twice as much damage to him is good. And now why don't we get some of his health back ourselves? Drain Punch for the first two actions at least. If he Protects either action switch it with a Bulk Up. Finally, a small Substitute should suffice.

Drain Punch/Bulk Up x2 ~ Substitute (10%)

oh, it's on.

stop him in his tracks with supersonic. while he stumbles around spit toxic in his eyes. take a rest afterwards

supersonic ~ toxic ~ roost

Hockey Rink

Ampharos (xO)
timburr
Health: 49%
Energy: 75%
- "Yeah, I'm bad." Hidden Power dragon typed, atk/def +1.

boss (xO)
taillow
Jack (m) <Guts>
Energy: 86%
- "Halp D:" Focused (2 more rounds); grounded.​

Jack straightened himself; as if to express his utter pain, he opened his beak and let out an utterly ear-splitting scream. Izudarati cupped his ears with his palms, but he couldn't stop that noise from breaking in; it wrapped itself around his brain, tapping in and turning his mind to pure mush. He leaned his forehead against his wooden plank, his eyes rolling into his skull; uhg, he just couldn't think through that noise. Jack closed his beak, all anguish freed from his soul, and it was enough - Izudarati's brain was mush.

But he managed, somehow, to clarify his thoughts for the moment. He raised his head, spotted his target and skidded across the ice towards Jack - and slammed his fist down onto the bird. Jack screeched in agony, his very life streaming into the timburr through the impact; Izudarati's grimace of pain from the previous screech turned into a widespread grin as he felt his health replenish itself. He withdrew his fist, gripped his wooden plank; he was back, baby.

Jack rubbed his injured side, whimpering and cawing to himself; he was really not having fun. He coughed a bit, and suddenly a purplish phlegm gurgled from his beak and he spit it all up onto Izudarati's stomach. Izudarati gaped in shock and disgust, swerving away easily on the ice and rubbing the guck off of him - but he felt it seeping into his skin, wrecking havoc on his perfect fighter's metabolism.

He grimaced, his frown deepening. His thoughts were utterly messed - he couldn't straighten them for a second. He head leaned against his plank, and then his body too, and he couldn't straighten himself; Jack sighed with relief upon seeing his opponent twitching and heaving in confusion. Thank god, his supersonic had worked.

The taillow curled up, wrapping himself in his wings in an attempt to shield himself from the cold and gather his wits. He knew the move he needed to use - it was, in fact, very familiar to him - but it seemed to be blocked off somehow. He frowned and tried to access it even harder, but it was simply impossible.

While he continued to try in vain to roost, Izudarati's mind cleared and he shook his head, annoyed. He sighed, relaxed, and slammed his plank with his fist, chopping it right in half. He grabbed the smaller half and began to hack ruthlessly into it, forming a smaller, wooden copy of himself - and finally he held it close to him, and a bright white energy flowed from him to the wooden copy, enveloping it and bringing it to life. The copy stretched and grew and became so lifelike it was near impossible to tell it apart from Izudarati himself, aside from it not having a plank to lean on. Both timburr took a moment to collect themselves, before staring down the taillow they had to bring down - the taillow who was still trying to roost itself back to full health.​

Ampharos (xO)
timburr
Health: 44% | 10% Sub
Energy: 62%
- "Heh." Hidden Power dragon typed, atk/def +1; poisoned (severe; 1% this round, 2% next); confused (moderate).

boss (xO)
taillow
Jack (m) <Guts>
Health: 54%
Energy: 74%
- "Waaattt?" Focused (1 more rounds); grounded.

Arena Notes:
None.

Final Notes:
- Direct healing moves are banned in this battle.
- Supersonic just barely hit, so it started off as moderate.
- boss next.

Back
Top Bottom