• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Cases 1 through 3; 4 in progress)

Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Yeah. Ever since I saw the cat hair, I knew it was that person.

Just finished the rough draft of Part 4, finally .... I might post it tomorrow (later today, actually!) if the "beta testers" I meet with on IRC don't have the time to check it out first.

You are advised to skip to the revised version of part 4. To go to it, click this text; or manually advance to page 6 and scroll to post 107.

Case 2, Part 4
Day 2 - Investigation 3

[ 2:30 PM – July 26th, 2017 ]
[ Detention Center ]

Skye: Brendan ….. you were brilliant in there.
Skye: I never thought to look at those papers, and there you went, proving what they said.
Brendan: Yeah, well, it's not over yet. We still need to prove you didn't actually do it.
Skye: Very true …. But still, I think you can beat him!
Brendan: Heh, we'll see. But Blue …. That was stupid of him, basing his whole case around that single incident.
Brendan: I haven't been a lawyer for three weeks and I can see that! There's no way he's been prosecuting for as long as he says ….
Skye: … Maybe he knows something we don't yet?
Brendan: I don't see how. He had almost zero time to investigate.
Skye: You saw him, though. He's the bullying type. He probably pushed the police department onto his side.
Brendan: Maybe so.
Brendan: Anyway, we need to work on solving this thing, and soon. You haven't learned of anything else since this morning, have you?

(Music: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Detention Center ~ Jailer's Elegy)
Options: Talk, Move
Talk: What to Do, Heard Anything?, Any Ideas?
Move: Slooth's Office, Goldenrod City – Downtown, Brendan's House – Outside

Talk: What to Do
Brendan: Truth be told, I don't really know what to do first. I don't suppose you'd know?
Skye: Well ….. I'd go check out the house again.
Brendan: I scoured the place a pretty good bit this morning. Felt weird, having to pick apart my own home.
Syke: Yeah, I figured. But you know, I was thinking.
Brendan: What about?
Skye: Just because no human saw it doesn't mean that there are no witnesses.
Brendan: …. Ah! I'd better go and check! If the cops find one, they'll take him in!
Skye: Hey, don't have a heart attack! None of the police have translators like you do. They can't afford 'em.
Brendan: (They're not THAT expensive ….. how much funding does the police department GET?)

Talk: Heard Anything?
Skye: I haven't discovered any new information since this morning.
Brendan: I didn't really think so. You've been either in here or a courtroom the whole time.
Skye: Yeah, but after that trial, I'm feeling a little better. Like you might be able to pull this off.
Brendan: Good to hear. (MIGHT pull this off? I NEED to pull this off! Whoever did it killed Mom, and they're NOT gonna get away with pinning Skye!)
Skye: …. There is one thing that bothers me, though.
Brendan: ! What's that?
Skye: You know that trinket I found yesterday morning? It .... struck me as very odd.
Skye: It …. it feels like it's hiding something. Some kind of power.
Brendan: …...
Skye: Heh …. Somehow it reminds me of how, when I was little, my …. my own mom told me I was special.
Brendan: (… Yeah, her mom told me, too. It's hard to remember, but it's there.)
Brendan: (And she is, after all. She and Phoenix are my closest friends.)
Skye: I was hoping to give an air of mystery to that, Brendan.
Brendan: (Hey, cut the silly look, you're gonna make me laugh!)

Talk: Any Ideas?
Brendan: I suppose there are a lot of places I can go. It's kinda hard to pick which ones might have useful information.
Skye: Well, think about it. The killer knew your … that Lily had arrived here, so I'd check the entry points for boat users to see if anyone suspicious was on it ….
Skye: Then I'd ask around town, see if anyone noticed anyone out of place. Maybe the killer wasn't from Johto.
Skye: And then, I'd go check out the house for more clues and such ...
Brendan: …. Well, you seem to know more about investigation than I do. Wanna take over?
Skye: Anything to take this work off your hands; I want to get to the bottom of this as much as you do. But there's one problem: I'm still in jail, and if I teleport out I'll just be in more trouble.
Brendan: …. Good point.

<When Brendan starts to leave ….>
Skye: Hey, Brendan, hold on a second.
Brendan: ?
Skye: …. Can I see that trinket? I get the feeling it'll come in handy.
Skye: I just need to figure out what it's from.
Brendan: Sure, I don't mind. Here it comes through the slot ….

[Trinket given to Skye for examination.]

Skye: Thanks. Come back later, maybe I'll have figured something out.
Skye: And, Brendan ….. thanks again.
Brendan: Hey, it's no trouble. What are friends for, you know?
Skye: I know. Now go on, see what you can find.
Brendan: Will do.

Move: Brendan's House – Outside
(Music stops.)

Brendan: I half-expected the police to be gone by now … You'd think it was a pretty cut-and-dry murder scene …...
Brendan: … Wait, bad choice of words.
???: Aha! There you are, Brendan!
Brendan: Detective Slooth?
(Music: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dick Gumshoe ~ It's Detective Gumshoe)
Slooth: You know that request for fingerprints you made this morning? Well, we have our result--
Brendan: You do?! That's great! What did you find? Whose fingerprints were they?
Slooth: Well ….. that's the thing. None of the fingerprints match any in our database!
Brendan: W- ….WHAT?!
Slooth: It's the strangest thing, pal! We get a lot of visitors to this area, so we try to get prints on any new travelers on the boats ….
Brendan: But nothing matched at all? That is … pretty weird.

[Fingerprint Info added to the Court Record.]
Fingerprint Info: There were out-of-place fingerprints on my windows, but none of them matched any Johto records.

Brendan: Thanks anyway, Detective. I've got a few other questions I'd like to ask you. ….

Talk: Prints (Other Regions), What else have you found?
Move: Detention Center, Goldenrod City Downtown, Brendan's House – Back Side

Talk: Prints
Brendan: Detective Slooth, perhaps you could run a check on these prints against other regions' databases?
Slooth: Of course we CAN, Brendan, but it'll take a long time. And if there's no match in the other regions, we might have to search the world over, and there's no time for that.
Brendan: Please, Detective. Can you at least try?
Slooth: I suppose, pal, but I really don't know where to start.
Brendan: Kanto, then. It's the closest, and you don't need a ship to get here. After that, Hoenn, 'cause Mom traveled from there.
Sooth: Will do, pal. I'll get on it right away, unless you've got something else you want to ask.
Brendan: … Yeah, one more thing and I'll be done with 'ya.

Talk: What else have you found?
Brendan: Detective Slooth, has your team found anything other than the fingerprints?
Slooth: Nothing to speak of, pal. Except …... well, never mind. It's nothing.
Brendan: Are you sure, Detective? It could be important!
Slooth: Well …. we did find a tiny piece of metal on your front doorstep.

[Metal Chip added to the Court Record.]
Metal Chip: Tiny piece of some sort of metal found on my front doorstep. Has a vaguely blu-ish tint.

Brendan: Thanks, Detective. I'm sure it will be useful. (… For poking a hole in my pocket.)
Slooth: No trouble at all, Brendan!

<All Subjects Discussed>

Slooth: Well, I guess I need to go work on those prints. I'll call you if I find anything that might be useful.
Slooth: Oh, and uh, I saw a Pokémon at the back. You should go check it out, I bet you can talk to it with your Pokégear.
Brendan: We'll see. Thanks for letting me know.
Slooth: Anytime, pal. See you later!
(Music fades.)
Brendan: (You gotta love Slooth. Always looking out for us.)
Brendan: (And I still bet that Blue's got the whole department on his side …. which would mean that Slooth can't let anyone know he's told me this stuff, lest he get a good talking to from the Chief of Police … or worse.)
Brendan: (Anyway, a Pokémon at the back? This might be interesting.)

Move: Brendan's House – Back Side
(No music.)

Brendan: (The back of my house …. It's not really in great condition.)
Brendan: (Despite the urban concrete layout, there's a lot of grass poking through the cracks. It's trying to get tall. And it's doing a good job of it.)
Brendan: (Maybe I'll get Whitney's Miltank to graze on this stuff?)
???: Um ….. heeeeello?
Brendan: Gahhhh! (Who was that? Where'd that voice come from?!)
???: Aaaare …. aaree yeww the Breendeen whoo leeves heere?
Brendan: (Stay calm ….) Yes, I am. Where are you?
???: Dowwn heere.
Brendan: (…. He's ….. he's a)
(Music: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All - Congratulations Again, Everyone)
Spinarak: Hii theere. II'm ameezed youu can undeerstaand mee.
Brendan: (So am I! Can't you fix your accent?)
Spinarak: Iee saww what happeened yeesterday. Iee'm guesseeng eet must bee hard.
Brendan: (Who are you, Peter Lorre?) Yeah … it is. But I have to keep looking around, searching for clues. Someone was wrongly accused of the murder.
Spinarak: Ees thaat so? Iee theenk Iee saww who eet was.
Brendan: ! Y-You did?! Please, tell me everything you know!

Talk: Whodunit

Talk: Whodunit

Brendan: Please, little guy, tell me everything you saw.
Spinarak: Eet was a peerson weeth lots of reed haier.
Brendan: Red hair? (Hmmmm.) Did you notice anything else?
Spinarak: Eerrrrrr ….. I theenk thee peerson had a larrge bleu-lookeeng Pokeemon.
Spinarak: Iee theenk there was alsso a beeg cat.
Brendan: (A large, blue Pokémon and a big cat? I'd better make some notes ….)

[Spinarak's Testimony added to the Court Record.]
Spinarak's Testimony: The intruder had a mass of red hair, and was followed by a large, blue-ish Pokémon and a large cat (also a Pokémon?).

Brendan: Thanks.
Spinarak: Ees no probleem.
Brendan: (Short but very informative …. I at least have an idea of who to be looking for.)
Brendan: (Guess I should hit town now …. there's nothing else to find here.)
Brendan: (Hold on, Mom. We'll avenge you yet.)

Move: Goldenrod City – Downtown
(No music.)

Brendan: Here I am again …. smack in the middle of Goldenrod City.
Brendan: Only this time …. I'm on a murder case.
Brendan: There's no telling who or what I'll find that might help ….
???: ….
Brendan: …. ! That guy that just walked past …..
Brendan: He has red hair! And a large blue Pokémon walking with him!
Brendan: Y-You there! Stop!
???: !
Brendan: Stay right there …. I need to speak with you.
???: … Okay, but make it quick. I was heading back to the hotel …
Brendan: Su- … Sure.

(Music: Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Route 38)
Talk: Who are you?
Move: Detention Center, Brendan's House – Outside, Goldenrod Docks

Talk: Who are you?
Brendan: Pardon me asking, but …. who are you, exactly?
???: …. You don't know me? I thought he told practically everyone about that one time ….
???: …. Wait, are you from around here?
Brendan: I moved here from Hoenn four years ago, to study law.
???: … I see. Let us introduce each other, then. I am known as Silver.
Silver: My friend here is Feraligatr. We go way back.
Brendan: I see. I'm Brendan. Brendan Namron.
Brendan: Usually I keep Skye and Phoenix beside me, but …
Silver: …. I see. You're not close enough to them yet.
Brendan No! It's …. well, Skye's in prison, and Phoenix needs some time alone ….
Silver: And why is that? They are your Pokémon, yes?
Brendan: …. Someone murdered my mother last night. And now Skye's in prison.
Silver: !
Feraligatr: !
Brendan: …. And now it's my turn to protect her. No matter what it takes.
Silver: …... I understand. Please accept my apologies …. I had the wrong impression of you for a minute there.
Brendan: No trouble … Anyway, I'm conducting my own little investigation.
Brendan: (This probably isn't the best approach, but …) A witness to the crime told me that whoever broke into my house had red hair and a large blue companion.
Silver: !
Brendan: Tell me …. Do you know anything about this?
Silver: …. I know nothing. I understand why you would suspect me, but I assure you, I have never been involved in such a crime.
Brendan: (I'll have to take his word for it for now …. his reaction was unreadable.) Please excuse my suspicions, but it's the only thing I can really do …. question everyone.
Silver: ….
Brendan: (… Wow, this guy knows how to keep a poker face. I can't make heads or tails of his responses.)
Brendan: (He said he was heading back to the hotel? Even if he is innocent, maybe he saw someone ….)

Talk: *Who are you?, The Murder, Hotel Incident

Talk: The Murder
Brendan: Silver, if you have the time, I think it might help the both of us if I told you about the crime …
Silver: …. You have my attention.
Brendan: Thanks. …. Last night, a little after midnight, my mom was murdered by someone, someone who I think broke into my house.
Brendan: The murder weapon was a knife that Skye was examining for the Goldenrod forensics team. It was taken from her room and had only her fingerprints on it.
Silver: … I see. You evidently trust this Skye a lot. … What species is she, may I ask?
Brendan: She's a Kirlia. Phoenix is a Torchic.
Silver: Ah. Continue, then.
Brendan: In addition to the knife, unknown fingerprints were found on my windows, and my locks have been tampered with.
Brendan: That's the gist of it so far.
Silver: …. “Unknown fingerprints,” you say? They couldn't be traced to anyone?
Brendan: So it seems. They didn't match anyone in the police department's Johto database.
Silver: … You may ease your mind about me, then.
Brendan: ?
Silver: I have lived in Johto for most of my life, and I can assure you that my prints are in the database.
Brendan: …. (Guess I'd better go see for myself.)

Talk: Hotel Incident
Brendan: Silver, you're staying at the Goldenrod Shoreline Hotel, correct?
Sliver: Indeed, I am. Why do you ask?
Brendan: Well …. it seems that someone broke in to room thirteen yesterday at around 5:30. Did you happen to notice anything?
Silver: ….. I remember an interesting red-head with a Pokémon I have never seen before, but that's it. They were walking around the back of the hotel in an odd manner.
Brendan: (That most likely means he saw the intruder … If he's telling the truth.)

<All Subjects Discussed>

Brendan: Thanks for your time, Silver.
Silver: It was no trouble. If you have any further questions for me, Gator and I will be at the hotel.
Brendan: I'll be sure to drop by. Take care!
Brendan: (Annnnnnnnnd they're gone.)
Brendan: (…. He's lived in Johto most of his life? Why is he staying at a hotel?)
Brendan: (Bah, I'll worry about it later. I need to gather more information, and fast.)

Move: Goldenrod Docks
(No music.)

Brendan: Hmph …. The docks are pretty empty today. All I can hear are the sounds of the sea.
Brendan: Two or three private boats are tied up, maybe a small public one, but aside from that …. not a soul to be found.
Brendan: …. Sure feels lonely here.

(Music: Final Fantasy VIII – Where I Belong)
Options: Examine, Move
Examine: Ship, Docks, Sea
Move: Goldenrod City – Downtown

Examine: Sea
Brendan: I used to sail on the sea quite a lot with Mimi and the crew …. What a Milotic she was … Always ready to do whatever I asked of her ….. All of them were, really.
Brendan: I remember staring at the sea for a while with Skye and Phoenix, before we left Lilycove for the last time ….
Brendan: What I wouldn't give for more peaceful days like that …..

Examine: Docks
Brendan: These docks tried hard to blend into the rest of Goldenrod, but the older, wooden ones are losing their paint fast. They didn't even bother painting some of the newer ones at all, not even the hand rails.
Brendan: …. You know, I still think of Slateport when I look at these. Good ol' Captain Stern, the Hyper Rank Contests, the marketplace ….
Brendan: …. Did …. did Mom ever get to see any of it? …. *sniff*

Examine: Ship
Brendan: I traveled to Hoenn on a ship like this, and I came back here on a fancier one ….
Brendan: I remember the ship that sailed between Slateport and Lilycove, and how it took us to the Battle Frontier for the first time. We were all really excited, and I barely even thought about whether Mom would get a kick out of it …..
Brendan: Guess I'll never know now ….

Move: Goldenrod City - Downtown

Move: Detention Center
[ 3:40 PM – July 26th, 2017 ]
[ Detention Center ]

Brendan: Hey there, Skye. You doing okay?
Skye: Hanging in there. Have you found anything?
Brendan: A few clues, but nothing definite yet. How's that … trinket coming?
Skye: I think …. that I might have something big. Just give me a little more time, okay?
Brendan: Will do.

Options: Move
Move: Slooth's Office, Brendan's House – Outside, Goldenrod City - Downtown

Move: Slooth's Office
[ 3:47 PM – July 26th, 2017 ]
[ Detective Slooth's Office ]
(Music: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dick Gumshoe ~ It's Detective Gumshoe)
Slooth: Woah, pal! Didn't expect you to drop by so soon!
Brendan: Yeah, I didn't think you would …. I'm not finding much that's solid.
Brendan: Listen, have you gotten a match yet on those prints?
Slooth: What? Have some patience, pal! It takes time to search through a remote database!
Slooth: …. But, we don't have anything from Kanto so far. It's not looking like the killer's from there.
Brendan: Alright, that's one place down .... Detective, when you get done with them, could you check the database for this guy called Silver?
Slooth: Silver?
Brendan: Yeah. Red hair, partnered with a Feraligatr.
Slooth: Oh, HIM! No need to worry, pal! We've got his prints. He's lived in Johto for a long time.
Slooth: He used to have a crime record a long time ago, but he's long over that. I'll bet my badge he's not involved in this case.
Brendan: .... Understood.
Brendan: (Hmmm …. I wonder if I can get him to take a look at something else in the meantime?)

Present: Cat Hair

Brendan: Detective, would you mind running a test on this on one of the other computers?
Slooth: This hair? No problem, pal! I can have a full examination done on it in four hours!
Brendan: FOUR HOURS?! For a single hair?
Slooth: Hey, these things take time, okay?!
Brendan: Not that long. Didn't Skye run a test on another hair last month? She got results in, what, ten minutes?
Slooth: ….. Well, the server's working overtime right now. All of our office computers are dumb terminals, you see …..
Brendan: …... (You've GOT to be kidding me.) Fine, Detective. Just – please, run this and tell me what you've got when I come back, okay? I'd really appreciate it.
Slooth: …. You have my word, pal. I'll get on this right away.
Slooth: But ….. don't tell Prosecutor Oak I'm doing this …. or anyone else.
Brendan: (…. I knew it.) You can trust me, Detective.

<Brendan starts to leave.>

Slooth: Oh, and Brendan.
Brendan: Yes, Detective?
Slooth: ... They really want you to win this one now. They ... they miss Skye. Say they were wrong about her, that she's the best the force has ever seen.
Brendan: ...
Slooth: Hey! This is no time to be crying! It's not even you who I was talking about!
Brendan: ! I- er- sorry. I'll be going now.
Slooth: Good luck, Brendan!

Move: Detention Center
[ 3:58 PM – July 26th, 2017 ]
[ Detention Center ]

Skye: Brendan! There you are!
Skye: Get something to hold this with, but don't wipe it!
(Music: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - Investigation ~ Core 2009)
Brendan: W-What? Is that the trinket?
Skye: Don't touch it, okay? Here, use this cloth I found … It's got a print on it, and I think I know who it traces to!
Brendan: You're sure? (That's great, but …. how does this --)
Skye: Positive! And yes, it's relevant to the case! This trinket was part of a rare artifact called the Red Chain!

[Trinket updated to Red Chain piece in the Court Record.]
Red Chain piece: Someone dropped it in Ecruteak City after July 21st but before July 25th. Has suspicious prints.

Skye: And that's not all! The print on this thing belongs to someone called Melissa Surre! I think she went by the nickname of “Mars”!
Brendan: “Mars”? Who on earth would that be?
Skye: Brendan, think about it! There's only one notable group of people to ever use nicknames like that, so they'd be the most likely candidate!
Brendan: W-Wait a minute! Are you trying to say that this Mars person was in Team Galactic?!
Skye: YES! That's exactly it! Now, if we remember what Lily told you, we find that there were ---
Guard: Ms. Skye, it's time. Visiting hours are up.
Brendan: Sir! Please, just one more minute! This is an important discovery!
Guard: You can talk about it another time, sir. Please, Ms. Skye, let's go.
Skye: (I'll tell you more later!)
Brendan: (Skye's not resisting at all ….)
Brendan: (I guess I can't blame her. Not following the rules would just be too suspicious.)
Brendan: (There is ONE more place I'd like to visit before I call it a day .... the docks. I have ... a hunch.)

[Mars's Profile added to the Court Record.]
Mars: A former member of Team Galactic. Apparently had a piece of a “Red Chain” and dropped it in Johto.

Move: Goldenrod Docks
(No music.)

???: What do you MEAN, you're summoning me as a witness?! I'm on a very busy schedule and I MUST board this ship!
Blue: We will refund your ticket in full, miss. We need you here right now.
???: Gah …. Purr, show him we mean business!
Purr: *MROWL* *hiSSSSSS*
Blue: …. Is that all? Hmph. Tyranitar, have at it.
(With a flick of his wrist, Blue calls his Tyranitar out of his ball. It towers over everyone around.)
(Music: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Suspense)
???: You're ….. you're challenging me? On this dock?
Blue: If it comes to that, then yes. You can refuse, or you can accept. My conditions are simple.
Blue: If I win, you come with me and do as I ask for the next 24 to 48 hours. If you win, you board your precious boat and we'll forget this ever happened.
???: And if I refuse outright?
Blue: Then I will have you arrested, on the charge of obstruction of justice.
???: W-What?! Y-You can't do that! I have places to go!
Blue: Then it would behoove you to accept my challenge and put your best foot forward.
???: …........ Fine, then. I accept. But ….. let's take it someplace else, okay?
Blue: Fair enough.
Brendan: (They're coming towards me …..)
Blue: …. Ah, if it isn't the defense lawyer? Come to eavesdrop on my witness?
Brendan: …...
Blue: Ah, no matter. You didn't hear anything important. Smell ya later, Nimrod.
Brendan: (W-What? Say that again, chump! …... OOOOOOOOOH, that GARY!)
Brendan: (Why …. why is he like this …. Does he have something against me now?)
Brendan: (And who WAS that, anyway? Red hair, some fat cat Pokémon, and she really wanted to lea--)
Brendan: (N-No way …. That couldn't have been …...)
Brendan: (But ….. if he wins that battle, he's going to call her as a witness. Even if she is the ….. There's nothing I can do right now.)
Brendan: (What am I gonna do? The trial's tomorrow, and I haven't got a shred of decisive evidence!)
Brendan: (Please come through, Slooth, and soon. And Skye …. hold on tight. The road ahead's gonna be bumpier than ever .... )

TO BE CONTINUED ...

-----------------

Now to work on Part 5; the finale of this case is at hand! It might take me several days, so hang in there. :)

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to have Brendan ask about Silver's prints. Fixed.
EDIT: Changed the three instances of "Feraligator" to "Feraligatr" to reflect the canonical spelling.

Last edited:

SILVER!

I like that you made Mar, Jupiter, Saturn and Charon nicknames; makes a lot more sense (I mean, who would name their poor kid Charon?)

I'm guessing that at some point they'll accuse Silver. Which is a shame, since he hasn't returned to his life of crime since Gold took care of him :(

... I think that's the fastest anyone's noticed, read, and replied to an update on ANYTHING I've ever written. I'm humbled. ^^

I like that you made Mar, Jupiter, Saturn and Charon nicknames; makes a lot more sense (I mean, who would name their poor kid Charon?)

More or less the same thing I thought when I wrote that bit. :)

I'm guessing that at some point they'll accuse Silver. Which is a shame, since he hasn't returned to his life of crime since Gold took care of him :(

Yeah, Silver will likely (not a guarantee) appear on the stand, and we'll have Blue to thank for it (should it happen).

Strife, it's Feraligatr. All pokemon names must have 10 or less characters.

I got confused, too. But I figured it out. :D

BTW, COMPLETLY AWESOME! I never expected to see SILVER in there!

Keep up the greeeat work!

--""-- Agreed

Looks like Blue got to Mars before Brandon

His name is Brendan.

Is everynoe gonig to spel thnigs wrogn todya?

His name is Brendan.

Is everynoe gonig to spel thnigs wrogn todya?

For the love of God, shut up. Nobody wants to listen to you criticize them for no reason other than that you feel like criticizing them. This isn't even your own fucking thread; I don't think you have any right to be saying things like that when it's not your thread. Go make your own fucking thread.

2 words, pool.

No, u.

And I was just messing with them (though they DID spell them wrong).

2 words, pool.

No, u.

And I was just messing with them (though they DID spell them wrong).

The thing is, the way you like to joke with people is not funny, and a bit hurtful to some. People make spelling errors and you can point them out, but please have the consideration to do it tactfully and respectfully.

Also, that didn't appear to be "messing with" to me; that looked more like unnecessary spamming.

I wasn't saying it to be mean! IF YOU WERE SMART, you'd see that I spelled things wrong too, a few posts ago, and again, if you were smart, you'd see that I was just messing around.

Now, we better all STFU so that a mod dosn't close this thread.

I wasn't saying it to be mean! IF YOU WERE SMART, you'd see that I spelled things wrong too, a few posts ago, and again, if you were smart, you'd see that I was just messing around.

Now, we better all STFU so that a mod dosn't close this thread.

I don't think a mod would close the thread because you keep flaming us. (honestly, saying "if you were smart" implies that we're dumb and could probably be considered flaming) It would probably result in you being banned.

Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 - one part left!) (Playable!)

Please, all of you, don't bicker like this over a simple typing error. The entirety of the last seven posts could have been completely avoided if the mistake was left alone. In future instances, you might PM a polite note pointing out the problem, hope he fixes it, and all's well.

As long as y'all are here, I would appreciate feedback on part 4, before I get too far into the final trial. If something simply doesn't work, I am perfectly willing to say "I goofed horribly" and attempt to rewrite the scene; however, doing so can force me to scrap some or all of the text that follows it, so if you have something to say, the sooner the better.

... I do hope everyone on this thread is still here to read the fic, and not to just add to the argument.

Last edited:

Still reading, don't worry. =)

I lol'd at the Spinarak's accent. Made no sense why he had it (to me, at least,) but it was amusing. And the next person he sees happens to have red hair and a blue Pokemon, haha. It was cool to see Silver, though; he will definitely be called to the stand, yes?

I was happy that the forensics team wanted Skye back after they realized that she was awesome. =) And I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but I love Detective Slooth's name.

If Silver appears then Gold must follow because I'm a Huntershipper because they're best friends now!

Seriously, after the murderer's description though, my first thought was Silver.

I wonder, if Mars is the murderer, what's her motive?

I'm almost expecting Silver to be the real murderer, and Mars is just a red herring. The clues just seem to be a bit on the obvious side.

I wonder, if Mars is the murderer, what's her motive?

If Mars is the murderer, her motive would have something to do with the last words she says to you in Platinum. ;)

If Silver appears then Gold must follow [...] because they're best friends now!

In my mind, Silver as he is now (in this case) definitely respects Gold and values him as a friend, largely due to what the latter taught the former. Gold may make an appearance in a future case.

I'm almost expecting Silver to be the real murderer, and Mars is just a red herring. The clues just seem to be a bit on the obvious side.

Maybe I'll pull that sort of thing in another case, but I'll be frank: not this time. (I had most of the whole murder planned and it's only the second case. XD) Silver just happened to be passing through/staying at the hotel.

Seeing as most of you were happy to see him, I think I'll give him more screentime in future cases. XD Originally he was just here to give Brendan reasons to doubt things, but it didn't come out like I'd planned and it seems a shame to just pass him by now.

Still reading, don't worry. =)

=D

I lol'd at the Spinarak's accent. Made no sense why he had it (to me, at least,) but it was amusing.

He's an insect and I wanted to pull the Peter Lorre gag. :P

Incidentally, I don't believe I've ever heard Lorre himself; instead, I've heard an impression of him from The Brave Little Toaster (the ceiling lamp in the parts shop). I can't remember who played him, but the actor is a talented impressionist (and voice actor in general); he also voiced the Air Conditioner. EDIT: Phil Hartman is said actor.

And the next person he sees happens to have red hair and a blue Pokemon, haha. It was cool to see Silver, though; he will definitely be called to the stand, yes?

We'll see. :)

I was happy that the forensics team wanted Skye back after they realized that she was awesome. =) And I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but I love Detective Slooth's name.

Believe it or not, that wasn't in the original script, but one of my biggest goals with this entire series is to tug at the heartstrings (excuse the cheesiness). As a result, I felt the need to edit in that bit of dialogue from Slooth, who previously mentioned that the forensics team was not happy when Skye first joined.

As for Slooth, it almost seems like a lazy name choice to me, but a friend known as Aeger gave me the idea for a pun with it, which I intend to use soon. :D

Anyway, thanks for the feedback! Keep watching, the final trial should be written soon! XD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom