• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Byrus vs ole_schooler

Don't worry, you'll never be later than me. X(

OK... Shit, let's be reckless. If we play our cards right, we can destroy them both before perish song kicks in. Gamzee, taunt Ace, then pummel Jekyll with brick breaks. If you are not being attacked however, then go for a focus punch instead.

Taunt @ Ace ~ brick break/Focus punch @ Jekyll x2

Yami, wait for Gamzee to taunt Ace, then zoom in for a sucker punch right when Ace tries to attack you. Strike them both with a swift if you can't pull off the sucker punch for whatever reason. When Ace is down, begin roasting Jekyll with some flamethrowers. If he tries to hit you with superpower, then counter it instead, and that should hopefully finish him.

Sucker punch @ Ace (wait)/Swift ~ Flamethrower/Counter @ Jekyll x2

Last edited:
After reading this over again I realized I read "Flamethrower" as "Fire Blast" while reffing;it wouldn't make a difference, to be honest, since the last Brick Break had about 8% damage runoff and there would be 4% Burn damage after. So not fixing >:(

Team Byrus
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Houndoom
Yami – female @ Electrizer
Chills: 1/3
<Flash Fire>
Health: 84%
Energy: 64%
Status: Comfortable as she can be on a conctrete floor. (-1 Special Attack; Perish Song will claim in two rounds)

MimeJr
Gamzee – male @ Twistedspoon
Chills: 0/3
<Filter>
Health: 78%
Energy: 64%
Status: Tricksy. (-1 Special Attack; Perish Song will claim in two rounds)

Team ole_schooler
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Herdier
Ace – female @ Moon Stone
<Scrappy>
Health: 43%
Energy: 83%
Status: Unconsciously sucking the empty gums where her teeth were. Burned (severe: 4%/round; Perish Song will claim in two round); Paralyzed (mild; 8% chance of fail); Asleep (two more actions).

Absol
Jekyll – male @ Dusk Stone
<Pressure>
Health: 42%
Energy: 75%
Status: Safe, for now. Burned (severe: 4%/round), Perish Song will claim in two rounds.

Round the Fifth

Trying his best to ignore the negative nelly that his trainer was, Jekyll sprang forward into another portal and emergend behind Gamzee, tackling him to the ground and rearing up to slam his paws onto the Mime Jr.'s shoulders a second time, threatening to wrench them from their sockets. The wind knocked out of him, Gamzee still managed to wheeze a few choice insults at Ace, who was bracing herself for attack; as her head whipped around with a raised eyebrow and a comical Grooh?, Yami sped in close and rammed her directly above the eyes with her curved, bony horns. Ace's eyes crossed, and she fell to the floor, out cold.

Yami rounded on Jekyll, her fellow Dark type yet her current enemy. Grinning triumphantly, she blasted a mighty fireball from her hellish maw, which exploded into a five-pointed star upon contact with the Absol, who roared in pain and rage. His fur glowing orange in places, the aptly named Disaster Pokemon dug his claws into the arms of the trapped Gamzee (who was decently singed by the Fire Blast) and reared onto his hind legs, crashing downwards into another portal and emerging sideways to cudgel his prey into the concrete wall. An audible crunching was heard as Gamzee's scapulas broke, and the Psychic Pokemon was forced to painfully swing his lower body and deliver his Brick Break with his feet; while it required more effort, it certainly had the same effect, and Jekyll's jaw was a testament to that. Howling with rage, the Absol lost all control, his eyes seeming to fill with blood as he twisted the dimensions to meet his demands, bringing Gamzee to the ceiling, the floor, all while seeming to transcend mere portals and phasing himself in and out of space in bursts of black energy. Tears streamed down Gamzee's face as he was thrown a final time to the floor, unable to feel anything but pain, and Jekyll bared his large, feral fangs--

A sudden burst of flames threw Jekyll from Gamzee's stomach, throwing him to the opposite wall and barely missing the haphazard stack of boxes in the doorway. As Jekyll sprang to his feet and bounded across the room, Gamzee struck out as hard as he could with his foot for one final attack; the Absol screamed as his toe broke, and he lost control, careening into the wall of boxes and disappearing under an avalanche of cardboard and various wares.

Byrus cradled Gamzee and recalled him, and he and Yami assisted ole_schooler in finding his Pokemon as the latter hung his head in defeat.

End Notes the Fifth

Team Byrus
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Houndoom
Yami – female @ Electrizer
<Flash Fire>
Health: 84%
Energy: 30%
Status: Distractedly sniffing through a box of Fluffy Tails.

MimeJr
Gamzee – male @ Twistedspoon
<Filter>
Health: 13%
Energy: 36%

Team ole_schooler
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Herdier
Ace – female @ Moon Stone
<Scrappy>
Health: 0%
Energy: 70%

Absol
Jekyll – male @ Dusk Stone
<Pressure>
Health: 0%
Energy: 57%

Damage and Energy Calculations:
Faint Attack- 8% damage, 2% energy
Taunt- 4% energy
Sucker Punch- 10% damage, 4% energy

Fire Blast- 14% damage, 8% energy
Faint Attack- 16% damage, 3% energy
Brick Break- 9% damage, 6% energy

Fire Blast- 14% damage, 8% energy
Faint Attack- 16% damage, 3% energy
Brick Break- 9% damage, 6% energy

Burn damage: 4% on both of ole_schooler's Pokemon. Hypothetically.

Notes:
-I think that I really have become the latest ref that actually refs things.
-Byrus is incredbily lucky the speed tie came out in Gamzee's favor because I would have had no idea what to do as far as Yami.
-The last two Faint Attacks were both critical hits. A blaze of glory if ever I saw one.
-Taunt pretty much worked for one action only. Which was like all it needed.
-Everything was accounted for and the only things that came into account were Filter and Dusk Stone. Pressure was also accounted for but it really made no difference.
-The speed priority looks like it was screwed with for the last action but everything that was written would've happened anyway.

Next round:
N/A

Prizes and EXP:
1 EXP to Ace and Jekyll
2 EXP apiece to Yami and Gamzee
$16 to Byrus, $6 to ole_schooler, $10 to me!

Good match, guys!

Omskivar, thanks for reffing this all (hopefully not too much of a mess, and I believe the math). Byrus, you kicked my butt, but it was a fun match.

Sorry, almost forgot - thanks for reffing Omskivar, and good battle ole_schooler! I've never got around to trying out a double battle before, so this was fun.

Back
Top Bottom