• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

FR/LG Catching Jynx in FireRed?

I recently got bored and started a new game of FR, with the intention of using Pokémon I don't use too often in the games to make things more interesting. I'm considering different Pokémon to use for my team atm, and one of the ones I was thinking about was Jynx, as I've literally never used one in-game before and it would fill the Ice and the Psychic slot on my team very well. I've just had a look on the Serebii Pokédex though and apparently the only way to get Jynx is by trading for Poliwhirl in Celadon? I thought I'd just check here cos I've known Serebii to be inaccurate in the past with some things, is there no other way to catch Jynx in FR? Apart from breeding the traded one for a Smoochum, but you can't breed until after beating the Elite 4, which is a bit lame.

True. There is no other way to get a Jynx, other than trading.
However, it's not hard to get a Poliwhirl -- after you get the Poké Flute, head down the route east of Vermilion City along the boardwalk and enter the house on the rectangular patch of grass. This person will give you a Super Rod, and if you fish with it in fresh water (I've found that the ponds by Bill's house work well) then you should catch a Poliwag or Poliwhirl within a couple minutes. (according to my experience)

Back
Top Bottom