• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia signups

Oh hey if anyone is interested, Andrew Lloyd Webber is streaming the 1998 filmed version of the Cats stage show on YouTube tomorrow at 7pm UK time/6pm UTC/2pm Eastern US! Details here. It’s a very different experience from the 2019 movie but it’s still fundamentally Cats and it sounds like a great way to get in the mood for this game!

Since TVTropes Mafia has only four players left alive and thus appears to be on its last day phase (barring any possible shenanigans that may extend it somehow), I'm going ahead and tentatively setting a signup end date of May 28 at 3pm EST/7pm UTC (nineteen hours after TVTropes Mafia ends), at which point I'll randomize the roles and send out role PMs, and the first night will begin. Phase changes/EODs will continue to be at 3pm EST/7pm UTC throughout the game.

Given the comparative slowness of the last few phases of TVTropes Mafia, I'd also like to hear y'all's opinions about starting with 72-hour days/48-hour nights but then going down to 48-hour days/24-hour nights once fewer than half the players are left alive. I thought of it as a possibility but I'm not sure yet whether I feel strongly one way or the other, so I want to hear what y'all would prefer.

Pinging everyone so we all have a few days to get on the same page before the game begins:

@Butterfree
@Mawile
@Keldeo (you mentioned being a "maybe" depending on start date; how are you feeling about it now?)
@Herbe
@kyeugh
@mewtini
@Seshas
@IndigoEmmy
@kokorico
@I liek Squirtles
@Trebek
@rari_teh
@myuma
@M Plus 7
@Tofu
@Bluwiikoon
@Stryke
@Vipera Magnifica
@RedneckPhoenix

That's 19 people, so if more folks come along before signups close, we have six optional slots left that can be filled.

so excited! so ready!

I'd also like to hear y'all's opinions about starting with 72-hour days/48-hour nights but then going down to 48-hour days/24-hour nights once fewer than half the players are left alive
oh, i was just thinking about this actually - i would personally be in favor of this schedule! that or something similar to it to speed things up during endgame (hammering maybe? idk)

Last edited:
Given the comparative slowness of the last few phases of TVTropes Mafia, I'd also like to hear y'all's opinions about starting with 72-hour days/48-hour nights but then going down to 48-hour days/24-hour nights once fewer than half the players are left alive. I thought of it as a possibility but I'm not sure yet whether I feel strongly one way or the other, so I want to hear what y'all would prefer.
oh my god this would slap so hard. i love it, please implement

I’m so excited to be alive again! <3
I'd also like to hear y'all's opinions about starting with 72-hour days/48-hour nights but then going down to 48-hour days/24-hour nights once fewer than half the players are left alive.
I’m personally not into hammering, but this idea of variable day lengths is great! I’m totally in for that, or maybe for something like kokorico proposed (only with a longer factor and a length cap)

Ok, now that TVTropes Mafia is over and it isn’t a spoiler for me to add this to the rules:

Please do not abuse the react feature. That includes living or dead players using reacts on old or recent posts for the purpose of surreptitiously conveying hints.

Since I obviously can’t be expected to have a constant watch on the reacts on every single post, this’ll have to be on the honor system. Still, please refrain from reacts whenever you think they would or could be interpreted as a hidden message.

Jack, I have a question about the setup before the roles are handed out. The first post makes me think there aren't any third parties, is that right or are you using "scum" as a blanket term for anyone who's not town? I totally understand if your answer is no comment, haha.

As a general rule in all games (not just this one), I use "scum" as a synonym for the total of all organized mafia/werewolf/etc factions and any third parties that can win in conjunction with mafia, but excluding townies and other third parties.

No comment on the structure of this particular setup.

Back
Top Bottom