• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Create Stuff & Chill

Kung Fu Ferret

King of Uruk
Pronoun
he/him
please alola please
You got it. Ngl, I was hoping for Sinnoh. Now I'm trying to think of regional evolution to replace Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina

Edit: Uthingo is based on South Africa, Madagascar, Nigeria, Kenya, Egypt, and Morocco all overlapping with each other for some reason. I'm trying to think of good designs that draw from either ancient Egyptian and/or Yoruba gods.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

King of Uruk
Pronoun
he/him
Decided to to just go with making Uthingolese forms for Kanto's starters.
But first. A new Type has been discovered in Uthingo!
The Creature Type! This type covers Pokemon designs that are animal-based but don't fit under any pre-existing types.
Some older, fully-evolved Pokemon that are Creature-type include Druddigon (Dragon/Creature) Bouffalant (Normal/Creature), Luxray (Electric/Creature), Copperajah (Steel/Creature) Beheeyem (Psychic/Creature) Kantonian Dodrio (Creature/Flying), Kyogre (Water/Creature), Xerneas (Fairy/Creature) Raikou/Entei/Suicune (all have Creature as a secondary type) Golduck (Water/Creature), Kantonian Sandslash (Ground/Creature) Beartic (Ice/Creature)
Creature-type Pokemon are immune to Fairy-type moves. They are weak to Dragon (now immune to Creature-type moves), Steel, Ghost, and Electric. They resist Flying, Fighting, Bug and Water. Poison resists Creature while still doing normal damage. Creature-type moves hit Fairy, Bug, and Psychic super-effectively.

Uthingolese Kanto Starters!
Bulbasaur line is based on Venus Fly Traps and goliath frogs (Grass/Creature)
Charmander line is based on Monitor Lizards (Fire/Ghost)
Squirtle line is based on sea turtles and pirates (Water/Steel)

Last edited:

Shown

Pronoun
he/him
omg, i've been trying to do this as well, but alas, i need a Wii U i think. Can it be done with a 3DS or even a phone?
Yeah, there's an Android app to write amiibo data to an NFC tag, if your phone supports NFC! It will require a bit of fiddling to get working but it's absolutely do-able. Here's the link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tagmo-tool-for-creating-editing-amiibos.431670/
Can you please update this link because whenever I click on it some time links open well and some time I got 404 error.

qenya

formerly kokorico
Pronoun
she/her
omg, i've been trying to do this as well, but alas, i need a Wii U i think. Can it be done with a 3DS or even a phone?
Yeah, there's an Android app to write amiibo data to an NFC tag, if your phone supports NFC! It will require a bit of fiddling to get working but it's absolutely do-able. Here's the link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tagmo-tool-for-creating-editing-amiibos.431670/
Can you please update this link because whenever I click on it some time links open well and some time I got 404 error.
Hmm, that's funny! I can't say I know what's wrong - the link seems to be working for me, I don't see a 404 error. It's not even redirecting anywhere.

Kung Fu Ferret

King of Uruk
Pronoun
he/him
I have decided to change the main Uthingo starter trio's final evo types!
Brutaspine is now Grass/Poison. Vulkudu is now Fire/Ground. Krakemmup is now Water/Electric.

IndigoClaudia

The Fool
Pronoun
Ask; Try She/Her
Map.png

A slightly better (stylized) map. The region is pretty much all centered around this big lake in the middle, known in real life as Lake Erie