• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Create Stuff & Chill

please alola please
You got it. Ngl, I was hoping for Sinnoh. Now I'm trying to think of regional evolution to replace Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina

Edit: Uthingo is based on South Africa, Madagascar, Nigeria, Kenya, Egypt, and Morocco all overlapping with each other for some reason. I'm trying to think of good designs that draw from either ancient Egyptian and/or Yoruba gods.

Last edited:
Decided to to just go with making Uthingolese forms for Kanto's starters.
But first. A new Type has been discovered in Uthingo!
The Creature Type! This type covers Pokemon designs that are animal-based but don't fit under any pre-existing types.
Some older, fully-evolved Pokemon that are Creature-type include Druddigon (Dragon/Creature) Bouffalant (Normal/Creature), Luxray (Electric/Creature), Copperajah (Steel/Creature) Beheeyem (Psychic/Creature) Kantonian Dodrio (Creature/Flying), Kyogre (Water/Creature), Xerneas (Fairy/Creature) Raikou/Entei/Suicune (all have Creature as a secondary type) Golduck (Water/Creature), Kantonian Sandslash (Ground/Creature) Beartic (Ice/Creature)
Creature-type Pokemon are immune to Fairy-type moves. They are weak to Dragon (now immune to Creature-type moves), Steel, Ghost, and Electric. They resist Flying, Fighting, Bug and Water. Poison resists Creature while still doing normal damage. Creature-type moves hit Fairy, Bug, and Psychic super-effectively.

Uthingolese Kanto Starters!
Bulbasaur line is based on Venus Fly Traps and goliath frogs (Grass/Creature)
Charmander line is based on Monitor Lizards (Fire/Ghost)
Squirtle line is based on sea turtles and pirates (Water/Steel)

Last edited:
omg, i've been trying to do this as well, but alas, i need a Wii U i think. Can it be done with a 3DS or even a phone?
Yeah, there's an Android app to write amiibo data to an NFC tag, if your phone supports NFC! It will require a bit of fiddling to get working but it's absolutely do-able. Here's the link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tagmo-tool-for-creating-editing-amiibos.431670/
Can you please update this link because whenever I click on it some time links open well and some time I got 404 error.

omg, i've been trying to do this as well, but alas, i need a Wii U i think. Can it be done with a 3DS or even a phone?
Yeah, there's an Android app to write amiibo data to an NFC tag, if your phone supports NFC! It will require a bit of fiddling to get working but it's absolutely do-able. Here's the link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tagmo-tool-for-creating-editing-amiibos.431670/
Can you please update this link because whenever I click on it some time links open well and some time I got 404 error.
Hmm, that's funny! I can't say I know what's wrong - the link seems to be working for me, I don't see a 404 error. It's not even redirecting anywhere.

I have decided to change the main Uthingo starter trio's final evo types!
Brutaspine is now Grass/Poison. Vulkudu is now Fire/Ground. Krakemmup is now Water/Electric.

Uthingo is being reworked into a new region called Ajomu, based on Tanzania and Kenya. Ajomu gets its name from a Swahili word for Unity, spelt backwards, though....
Starter silhouettes are below. Try to guess what they are!Ajomu Starter Silhouettes.png

The big reveal for Ajomu!

Hynerb: (Hyena + Herb) [Grass]->Sacroota (Sage + Crocuta crocuta, the scientific name for the spotted hyena, also root) [Grass]->Druenzy (Druid + Frenzy)[Grass/Psychic]
Smoldrhino (Small +Smoldering + Rhinoceros)[Fire]->Rhinember (Rhinoceros + Ember) [Fire]->Kifarno (Kifaru, Swahili for "Rhinoceros" + Inferno) [Fire/Steel]
Bubblost (Bubble + Ostrich) (Water)->Strutsea (Strut + Sea, plus "Strutionum" is Latin for Ostrich)->Buntidrich ("Mbuni" is Swahili for Ostrich, Tide, Ostrich) (Water/Flying)

Early route Pokemon in Ajomu
Aardling (Aardvark + the suffix "ling" meaning small) (Normal)->Aardlord (Aardvark + Lord) (Normal/Ground)
Mingrey (Flamingo + Grey, as in the color) [Flying]->Shimenco (Shiro, Japanese for "White" Flamenco, a type of Spanish dance) (Flying/Fairy)->Discomingo (Disco, as in the genre of music associated with the 1970s, + Flamingo) (Flying/Fairy)
Rabblarv (Scarab + Larva) (Bug) -> Scaraborb (Scarab + Orb) (Bug/Rock)->Khepron (Khepri, Egyptian scarab god, + Carbon, which is what diamonds are made of)
Minimont (Mini + Monitor, as in Monitor Lizard) (Dark)->Kenglutton (Kenge, a Swahili term for large lizards such as the Nile Monitor, + Glutton) (Dark/Poison)

Some notable Ajomuan forms
Meowth->-Persian->Purrcheetah (Electric cheetahs. Purrcheetah being Electric/Fighting)
Sandile->Krokorok->Krookodile (Water/Grass Nile Crocodiles with log-like features)
Doduo->Dodrio (Ghost/Flying Marabou Storks)
Hippowdon(Fire/Water based on real hippos and geysers, Hippopotas retains it Sinnoh form in Ajomu)
Yungoos->Surigoos (Normal/Fighting Meerkats)
Yamask->Maskerigus (Ghost/Fire based on African tribal masks)
Spoink->-Grumpig->Grumpwart (Poison/Ice Warthogs, with literal warts made of frozen toxins)
Cutiefly->Ribombee (Bug/Dark Tsetse flies)
Sudowoodo->Sudobab ( Grass/Ground Baobab trees, Bonsly retains its Sinnoh form)
Mankey->Primaboon (Fighting/Dark based on Baboons)
Nickit->Thievul (Ground/Fairy, based on Bat-Eared Foxes)

Last edited:
Making some changes to Ajomu. Particularly to the fire starter. Will edit into my big reveal post
Changed species from zebra to rhino. Also made final stage part Steel type

Some more Ajomuan Pokemon and variants have been discovered!

Ajomuan Pidgey and Ajomuan Pidgeotto are both Flying/Fighting type based on the vulturine guineafowl, eventually evolving into Ajomuan Pidgeot, who is based on a Marital Eagle. Ajomuan Pidgeot has very powerful talons, more so than its Kantonian counterpart.

Pictoggo is a new gimmick Pokemon that is a Dark-type based on the African Wild Dog. It is the only Pokemon in Ajomu that can learn Sketch, but unlike Smeargle, it can use TMs and TRs.

Ajomuan Dunsparce is a sleek Rock-type based on the African rock python. It evolves into Dunspython, who is a long boi.

The fossils in Ajomu are a little like the Galarian fossils. You start out with reviving a paleontologically inaccurate specimen with one fossil, and make it hold the same fossil and level it up at lv 42 to evolve them into something more realistic to modern science.

Spinotyke is a Dragon-type Spinosaurus that evolves into Spinopex, who is Dragon/Water.

Dinoguan is a Fighting-type Iguanodon that evolves into Guanathumb, who is Fighting/Ground.

Decided to revive Nogland instead. Meet Alligrout Oscorch and Ursplash, the new and improved Noglandean starter trio!

Edit: someone on the Bulbagarden discord server made these cute little sprites for me based on information I gave them!

Attachments

• unknown-4.png
    unknown-4.png
    780 bytes · Views: 0
  • unknown-5.png
    unknown-5.png
    952 bytes · Views: 0
  • unknown-6.png
    unknown-6.png
    764 bytes · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom