• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Azurill: That poor thing got cutified/mehhed down so hard that it became a Normal-type.
I had to get one in Sapphire, for the sake of the Pokédex... It was already too late when I realized what a mistake I had done catching a male Marill and giving him an important place in my team. I caught a female just to get the egg and then released them both... There is still a creepypasta idea on my mind.

Bronzong: It's dex color might be weird in the games, but in the anime and the Sugimori art, it's greenish cyan.
Its line seems to fit the type combination best. We had got a supercomputer with the strength and personality of a dinosaur and an wish-fulfilling fairy alien in Hoenn, but an ancient artifact with great defensive power is a better representation of Psychic/Steel. And the only strange thing about its stats is the fact that its Attack is higher than its Special Attack.
In Mystery Dungeon, it isn't weak to anything. Even more defensive power!
The ones owned by NPCs outside off Battle Tower always levitate. I had to use Crunch...
It kind of looks like a dress, which makes the position of its face look weird.

Bronzong: It's dex color might be weird in the games, but in the anime and the Sugimori art, it's greenish cyan.
Actually, many colors we consider shades of blue are considered shades of green by the Japanese. Hence, why the problem resurfaced in Gen V with Golett and Golurk similarly being classed as green.

In Mystery Dungeon, it isn't weak to anything. Even more defensive power!
Oh yes, that was incredibly annoying. Thankfully, they still take neutral from a good ol' Thunderbolt.

Also, one thing I wonder about Bronzong is what parts of it can be moved and what parts of it can't. It sounds a bit strange, but think about it. Can that piece at the top of it be moved around? (I usually imagine it being capable of spinning) Can that thing that appears to be a mouth actually open? So on forth. A deal of my doubts would probably be solved from looking at a 3D model or one of the B/W animations, but I have yet to. Hm... I suppose I should go do it.

Bronzong is one of my fave Pokemon. I have one on my team, though I did change its ability to levitate (it had heatproof) as it was useless with heatproof. It was named HellsBells and I love it very much. I use it as a lead.

Metagross > Bronzong imo, but Bronzong's design is fairly interesting nonetheless.

I find Bronzong a nice defensive lead.

I like Bronzong because it's supposed to be a bell or whatever so I always imagine it going 'bronzooonnnnnnggggggggg'

I just Fire Blasted his ass repeatedly until it went down.

*high-fives Cerb*

Yeah, thats what I did on my second run. (My Rapidash was not very strong then)

Anyways, todays Pokemon shall be Luxray.

Luxray

Yeah, the true Thundercat. I say this because, well, he is an electric lion and I think he was thought of as a Thundercat. He is my fav. electric type. Also, its cool how he can see through anything.

The basic birds and electric lions of Hoenn and Sinnoh seem to be a quartet.

I sometimes try to imagine Pokémonified versions of non-Pokémon things. In the case of Star Trek TNG, LaForge would most likely be a Luxray.

Kinda slow... but I like him.

THUNDERCATS, GOOOOOOO!

I think Luxray's pretty epic, but those ears always annoyed me for some reason.

OMG KIMBA NOWAI.

I really like Luxray, and when I play Diamon/Platinum I always have one... but I don't always evolve Shinx all the way to Luxray and sometimes just stick it in my box as a Luxio/give it an Everstone. I like Luxio a bit better, though when I'm going for stats and overallness, Luxray.

Ehh... I try to evolve it all the way up, but I don't go for stats and stuff, I go for the Pokédex!
Plus Luxray has more of that feline dignity.

I love Luxray as well. He reminds me of a comic I once read from Lion King. Anyways, new day, so I am guessing new Pokemon?

If so, today's shall be, umm, Mewtwo.

Mewtwo is sweet. I love this legendary. He is the only legendary I can see carrying a giant sword and going against hoards of enemies. He is a samuraia, with psychic Powers. How cool is that?

Luxray is cool! I like big cats, I like Electric-types usually, and I had one in my playthrough of Platinum. Also, there was an awesome Luxray in Pedestal - Pedestal made me like so many Pokemon just because of how they were portrayed, fff - and yeah. It's cool and useful, which is always good.

Mewtwo cuts buildings with a spoon in the manga. And is generally really awesome. And I am generally fond of him. He was cool in R/B/Y and he is still cool now. I... also like him enough to sometimes have him show up in fanfic, though that's also because Psychic types are generally good for creating mindscrew plots.

Mewtwo is amazing, i must say. The perfect clone in Project Mew. in case nobody knew he was only one out of the three clones that survived. Mewthree and four died and were deemed failures.

Back
Top Bottom