• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [DEAD] An Old Nemesis - The Smash Dojo Part 2

S. E.

I'm a crow, don't'cha know?
Pronoun
she
Where did we leave off again?!

(Also read: the old thread)​

Welcome to the world of Super Smash Bros.! After the events of The Smash Dojo, our heroes have learned of the Subspace Army's return and have escaped from the Dojo.
In fact, they're right outside the Dojo this very in-RP night and haven't moved an inch since I posted this thread. What anti-climax! Anyways, despite not much happening, this is the start of a new saga and therefore needs its own thread. And it did save us from having to post a bunch more fillers until nighttime rolled around.

What are we gonna do?!

For now, our heroes are to take shelter and find out what they can. Were you expecting something less vague? Well, I don't want to, at the moment, give away too much of the plot. I suppose that makes you guys about as clueless as the characters are, but don't worry, I'll fill you in as we go and add on to the first post.

And finally, I've added on to this thing! At this point, you have a choice as to where and how your character starts if you're new. Either they should arrive late at the Dojo and realize no one is there, or begin by bumping into one of the others and getting infodump'd. Basically!

Characters?! Current setting?! Rules?! Etc.?!

-Characters-

Mario
Link
Kirby (Mewtwo)
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Pit (Dragon)
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight (Shining Eevee)
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede (Shining Eevee)
Olimar
Ness
Marth
Luigi (Blastoise428)
Falco
Captain Falcon
Lucario
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch (Reserved for plot purposes until further notice)
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Wolf

-Fan-Introduced Newcomers-

3. Tails (Skymin)
4. Umbreon (Shiny) (Mewtwo)
5. Mecha Sonic (Exo-Raikou)

-Sign-up Sheets-

Normal Characters
Character: (Obviously not one that's already been taken)
Nickname: (Cannot be skipped if Pokemon Trainer)
Starting Character: (For Zelda/Sheik, Samus/Zero Suit Samus, and Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard (Pokemon Trainer) only)
-
Fan-Introduced Newcomers
Character:
Series:
Nickname:

-Current Setting (Please read this, I'm getting tired of people not knowing where they are)-

Meta Knight, Mecha Sonic, and Kirby are on board the Halberd, and are getting ready to take off. HOWEVER, nothing is happening there for once so lets move on! You have no idea how good that felt to say!

Pit, Luigi, and Tails have just defeated (er well, one blew up and the other ran away) two of the electric Pokemon released from the bomb factory and have met up with Zapdos.

Aaaand, the fate of DarkArmour's plot is in limbo now that he's quit.

-Rules-

1. The basic role-playing rules apply.
2. Swearing is allowed, but should be done because of the character's nature, not because you feel like it.
3. Don't join if you don't think you can post at least once every two weeks, though more would be better. If two weeks have passed since the last post, your character will be removed. You can avoid this if you have a valid excuse for not posting or if I've taken a liking to you, which is often the case.
4. One member is allowed no more than two characters, and only one of those characters can be a Newcomer.
5. Think realistically what your character can and cannot do. While they aren't confined merely to what they can do in the game, try to be logical about it in and out of battle. For instance, characters capable of gliding can do attacks other than their glide attack whilst gliding. (And yes, characters like Yoshi and Kirby can still eat characters many times their size.)
6. NO RESERVING NEWCOMER SLOTS.
7. Characters should act like they do in the video games, or at least to the point that they can be recognized. Some characters' personalities can be unclear (such as ones who are normally silent), so in that case just come up with something fitting or keep them silent.
8. Newcomers must be from one of the series already in SSBB. This includes series who have no fighters attributed to them but are still in SSBB, such as Golden Sun.
9. On a less serious note, have fun! :) Oh, and if you've read these rules, put I've sold my soul to Super Smash Bros.! at the top of your first post. Forget that. Even the people who do read the rules don't paste this, and I never call people out on this anyways.
10. Final Destination only. *brutally murdered*

(Please note that some rules have been removed, editted, or added since the old thread.)

-Pressing Issues/News- NEW~!
[09-5-31] The Smash Dojo is dead. Please do not post.
[09-5-19] Wewt! Thanks to GigaNerd for pointing out a totally fecking obvious boss for me, we can get on with the show. |D That is, once I sign up a new character.
[09-5-18] Alright. So as you can see, like everyone else it seems, DarkArmour has quit before his part of the RP has even started, leaving Mewtwo by herself. Now being the desperate person that I am, with his permission, I'm going to hijack it and try to keep it as close to what was intended as possible. For this purpose I'll be getting new character (but which D:), but that's not relevant to the point. Actually, I already finished my point. Yeah. So there.
...Oh, and if anyone has any ideas for a boss that could appear in space (not Deoxys, or any Pokemon for that matter), it would be greatly appreciated if you send me a PM, as long as it meets the requirements below.
[09-5-5] How do you like my Europe friendly format As you can see, I have put up this section. That is news. Also, I need help on bosses. That is a pressing issue. But, um, seriously, I need help. Now, if you didn't already notice, being the un-hip person that I am, generally the two series I am most well versed in is Kirby and Pokemon. Not much else. This is going to be a problem, isn't it? After all, this is Smash Bros., a cross-over. So, what I'm saying is, I'd like some boss ideas. DarkArmour has an idea for a Metroid boss, apparently (I have no idea what it is, please don't ask), since his part of the RP is basically his own little sandbox which I have OK'd over PM. Obviously we don't have to cover every series, as even the SSE didn't, and there are bosses specifically from the SSE such as Galleom, but any help would be appreciated, otherwise I'll have to keep pulling Pokemon and Kirby bosses out of my bunghole. Er, well, I do also have a Paper Mario boss planned. Please, for the sake of no spoilers, send any suggestions you have via PM. Thank you. (Also, I would rather not have final bosses in the lineup, so please do not suggest those.)

Last edited:
Re: An Old Nemesis - The Smash Dojo Part 2

Character: Ghor
Series: Metroid Prime
Nickname: Ghor
-Picture-

Last edited:

It was a clear, starless night. The only thing that lit the area was the glowing, full moon. Everyone had gathered outside the Dojo, preparing to make a run for it.

It was rather odd how everything was unlocked. In fact, I couldn't help but be disappointed when someone pointed out that the window was unlatched.
...Hurling swords at things can be fun...
Meta Knight thought as he looked behind him at the building. Suddenly, there was a rustle in the trees. A black, arrow-shaped beam fired shot out of one of them and just barely missed.

A Dark Cannon?! Meta Knight thought as several more arrows were fired at the group. Primids had staked out in the trees and began firing. Quickly, he sprang off the ground with wings out, gliding past the trees, hoping someone had gotten the same idea.

((So um, this is where the group gets split (AKA don't make your character sit there like a fool and get shot). Try to make it so that at least two characters end up in the same place after they get scattered, if you could. Just for RP's sake.))

I've sold my soul to Smash Brothers!

Fan-intro'd charrie:
Character: Shiny Umbreon
Series: Pokemon
Nickname: Moonshine
Other: Lavender eyes

Just so I don't lose my space. I would extremely like to get a place before they run out. I will delete this post when you make the signup thread but anyway.
Character: Ghor
Series: Metroid Prime
Nickname: Ghor
((Accepted. Oh, and don't worry, this is the sign-up thread. And pretty soon I'll be adding 5 more slots to the newcomers, so.))

I've sold my soul to Smash Brothers!

Fan-intro'd charrie:
Character: Shiny Umbreon
Series: Pokemon
Nickname: Moonshine
Other: Lavender eyes
((Accepted~ Now adding 5 more Newcomer slots! :D But I won't add more when those are all filled up.))

((Oh okay, i'll remove that bit, i'm absolutely crap at starting RPs so i'll wait a few minutes. I like how the RP starts with a battle.))

(((Who wants to team up with me?)))

((Me! Me! MMMEEEEE! I wanna team up with Darky =D))

((Oh okay, i'll remove that bit, i'm absolutely crap at starting RPs so i'll wait a few minutes. I like how the RP starts with a battle.))

(((Who wants to team up with me?)))
((Well, it's not exactly a "battle", more like a flee fest (that's appropriate :P), but if your character has a gun or projectiles of some sort they could go trigger-happy shooting Primids out of trees. :D
...Now I wish my character had a gun...))

That would be cool. Bounty hunter and a shiny umbreon.

I have a question. Would I be allowed to get my power suit about half-way through the RP? Possibly if I get captured? It wouldn't be god-modding and I wouldn't have superpowers, Ghor is actually pretty weak on his own, it would just give me enough firepower to fight through places. I wouldn't keep it on all the time but would that be acceptable later on?
(also i'm having no gun, making things more imaginative. Ghor always was a bit more logical though.)

That would be cool. Bounty hunter and a shiny umbreon.

I have a question. Would I be allowed to get my power suit about half-way through the RP? Possibly if I get captured? It wouldn't be god-modding and I wouldn't have superpowers, Ghor is actually pretty weak on his own, it would just give me enough firepower to fight through places. I wouldn't keep it on all the time but would that be acceptable later on?
(also i'm having no gun, making things more imaginative. Ghor always was a bit more logical though.)
((Sure, that'd be fine.
Hey, another Metroid + Pokemon! That's what they did in the SSE with Samus and Pikachu.))

I hadn't noticed that actually. Thats pretty cool. (I squealed when I saw them both running down that corridor in the trailer.) I might "accidently" get caught a bit into the RP and work my way back to Umbreon if thats okay.

((I've just realised how similar this is, i'm trying to retrieve a suit that was stolen and meet a pokemon who helps me get it back, familiar?.))

((Yesyes, quite. Also, somewhat offtopic, I've beat Tabuu on the first mission, and I'm still only 75% complete. Halps?))

I hadn't noticed that actually. Thats pretty cool. (I squealed when I saw them both running down that corridor in the trailer.) I might "accidently" get caught a bit into the RP and work my way back to Umbreon if thats okay.

((I've just realised how similar this is, i'm trying to retrieve a suit that was stolen and meet a pokemon who helps me get it back, familiar?.))
((I thought only fangirls squealed! D:
@Mewtwo: I can't really help you there. I (as far as I know) have completed the SSE as well, and I've got around 80%.))

((Nope. Squealing is common for me.))
(((I think there are areas to explore afterwards, did you unlock Wolf, Toon Link & Jigglypuff and did you explore the whole of the Great Maze?)))

((Nope. Squealing is common for me.))
(((I think there are areas to explore afterwards, did you unlock Wolf, Toon Link & Jigglypuff and did you explore the whole of the Great Maze?)))
((Yup, I've unlocked all the characters. But I do think the Great Maze might be the problem.
And I thought the equivalent of a fangirl squealing was a fanboy wetting himself))

((Oh yes I do that too . And jump up and down on the spot when I get excited.))

It might of also been not collecting all of the secrets, trophies and stickers as well.

(Unless you're dedicated don't really bother, its not really that worth it.)

((I have not unlocked those characters, and I have explored all of the Great Maze. I think. But in a battle against my sister, Toon Link challenged me afterward, and I... lost.))

Back
Top Bottom