• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Does a God of ANY KIND exist?

Yeah if she claims that because she's taking a class in school next semester... well that doesn't work because she hasn't taken the class yet

:(

Here it is.

The actual "debate" part starts, ah... with Rainfall's second post, I guess. The one that says this:

C-moon: I'm not sure how that verse could apply to those who believe in reincarnation. It says He knew what our life would be like before we were born. And that He set us apart as prophets (not that we all agree with that) and I've never seen a lizard, donkey, cat, or any animal as a prophet. Could you explain how you got that interpretation? :/

EDIT: And yeah I already knew that last bit. That's the example I was using of why people in countries restricted from Christianity are more open to it. (not in all cases but it goes to show how missions trips in foreign countries seem to be easier than ones in America)

It continues on through the third page, too.

What's puzzling me is why someone who seems to have such a disdain for science would be planning to study biology (unless she has no choice in the matter, I suppose).

generally biology is a required course. at least here, it is. freshman year, you take physical science. sophomore year, you take biology. junior year, you have a little bit more choices as to which science class you continue on to.

the internet is my god. I can watch anime there.
I do not follow any set religon but keep an open mind.
that and I pray to the universe, the closest thing to a god I beleve egsists.
so put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!!!
LOL i didn't mean that you guys all rock!!

We have no proof that there is in fact a God. Believing in a God consists entirely in faith and religion. If you are Atheist, you don't believe in a God. I however, being a Mormon and having a good amount of faith, say that a God (Heavenly Father) does exist and that he loves us all as his children. I also believe we must do good in life to go to Heaven, but if we do bad we can repent and save ourselves.

We have no proof that there is in fact a God. Believing in a God consists entirely in faith and religion. If you are Atheist, you don't believe in a God. I however, being a Mormon and having a good amount of faith, say that a God (Heavenly Father) does exist and that he loves us all as his children. I also believe we must do good in life to go to Heaven, but if we do bad we can repent and save ourselves.

This is all self-evident. The purpose of this thread, as ultimately futile as it is, is to discuss whether there is any reason to believe in god(s) (beyond faith, which is not a reason but rather a lack of one).

Alright, I'll just say it:

I do believe in god. However, I'm a deist, so I believe in a non-personal god who you cannot pray to or any of that stuff.

On the other hand, I believe that through meditation, you can come into contact with Divine Spirit, and be granted the will to do what you need.

I don't believe very strongly at all in god. But I'm a catholic. If hell is like in fantasy books I wouldn't mind going there! ^_^ So, I can't say god is real, but I can't say he's not.
Many people believe the we evolved from monkeys. We did. But where did the monkeys come from?
I also hate catholic religion. Stupid rules. Catholics aren't supossed to date at all. Just find the wrong person, get married, then divorce, which is also something Catholics aren't supossed to do. So either way, something has to exist that created this world. But what I wonder is who created God? Now THAT is a tough question.

I don't believe very strongly at all in god. But I'm a catholic. If hell is like in fantasy books I wouldn't mind going there! ^_^ So, I can't say god is real, but I can't say he's not.
Many people believe the we evolved from monkeys. We did. But where did the monkeys come from?
I also hate catholic religion. Stupid rules. Catholics aren't supossed to date at all. Just find the wrong person, get married, then divorce, which is also something Catholics aren't supossed to do. So either way, something has to exist that created this world. But what I wonder is who created God? Now THAT is a tough question.
What you're describing is not Catholicism, it's Agnosticism.

Also, I cannot STAND it when people say "omg we evulvd frum munkeez lol" No, we didn't. It's ridiculous. We evolved from earlier, similar beings to humans.

No. No we didn't. We share a common ancestors with the apes, and with the monkeys, and with every other species on earth, going back to a single organism, which appeared through abiogenesis.

But what I wonder is who created God? Now THAT is a tough question.

Quite! It's sufficient reason to discredit any religion with a creation myth. How can you continue believing in god while at the same time recognising the fundamental flaw in the idea that god created us?

What you're describing is not Catholicism, it's Agnosticism.

No, actually. Agnosticism is the belief (opinion?) that we as humans cannot answer the question of God's existence. Agnosticism is entirely separate form atheism/theism; it is not some sort of middle point.

I don't know I don't think atheists use the word belief in the way religious people do

also Judaism is superior to christianity

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom