• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite video game songs

Dire Dire Docks is one of the most nostalgic tracks for me since I loved Super Mario 64. Ecruteak City is so beepy and typically Gameboy that I love it. I'm fond of Giygas' Theme, Bein' Friends, and Pollyanna from the EarthBound series. There are lots of scattered tracks from Paper Mario that I adore, and then there are songs which I don't remember. Aaw.

This.

I know I've posted before but still.

Dr. Wily's Castle Stage 2 from Megaman 2. Or something like that. XP
I don't feel like making a list. I'm just posting that one.

Songs or music? I always think of songs as having lyrics, so:

1. Calling to the Night by Natasha Farrow - Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (it's gorgeous)
2. Starry Heavens by Day After Tomorrow - Tales of Symphonia opening theme in Japan
3. Kiss Me Goodbye by Angela Aki - FF XII
4. Growing Wings by Kari Whalgren <333 - Drakengard II opening
5. Hikari by Utada Hikaru (Japanese Simple and Clean) - KH

If we're going for instrumentals:

1. Phoenix Wright: Objection! - PW:AA
2. Refill - Relical Mode! (Raine's Ruin Theme) - ToS
3. Dragon Roost Isle - LoZ:WW
4. Big Blue - SSBM/F-Zero
5. Fatalize - ToS
6. To Zanarkand - FFX
7. Route 1 - Pokemon R/B/Y
8. Vamo Alla Flamenco - FFIX
9. Mario Bros. Theme - SMB series
10. Love Theme - MGS4

...I abbreviate game titles too much.

Oh yeah, and that song that play in the beginning-ish of Chocobo Dungeon. So pretty~

Zelda songs galore!:

1: The original Zelda theme, but in Majora's Mask. :sweatdrop:
2: The Zelda overworld theme in Ocarina of Time
3: Majora's Mask: Sonatina of Awakening when you learn it from the monkey
4: OoT: Serenade of Water
5: Majora's Mask: Deku Palace

Sorry, I'm obssesed with Zelda. :love:

5. Earthbound Zero-Eight Melodies (You know, "Take a melody, simple as can be...")
4. Final Fantasy series-The Prelude and the Chocobo theme (I particularly like Celtic, Mambo, Techno, Fiddle, and Mods de Chocobo)
3. Pokemon R/B opening (insert Ash's "I hereby declare" speech in it and we're good)
2. The Legend of Zelda main theme (has this epic adventurous feel to it)
1. Super Mario Bros. main theme (Who DOESN'T like this song?)

Honorable mentions include:

Super Mario Sunshine-Isle Delfino Plaza
Pokemon R/B-Route 1 (On Our Way, if you want the real title)
New Super Mario Bros main theme
Super Mario World title (To this day, I can't listen to it without having flashbacks of Mario Teaches Typing at school and home)
Legend of Mana-Title Screen
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker-Title screen

and so many many more!

1. Eight Melodies from Earthbound Zero: There's about a dozen songs I could choose from this series, but this one is probably the best. It's, in my opinion, one of the most well-composed songs in all of Video Gamedom. If it doesn't yank a few tears from you, nothing will.

2. Maridia Theme from Super Metroid: Another game that's music could have singlehandedly filled this list, but I chose this one because it captures the isolated, claustrophobic atmosphere of Super Metroid perfectly.

3. Route 11 and 12 from Pokemon Red/Blue: Ever want to put a long-time Pokemon fan into nostalgic fits? Just play this song. As a kid, this song captured the wonder and mysteries Pokemon held for me. Ah, yes...

4. You're Izayoi! from Dynamite Headdy: Ah, Dynamite Headdy. The best game no one's heard of. And it had a kickass soundtrack, as demonstrated here.

5. Ending Theme from Sonic 2: Complete with a great little sequence, this was just a beautiful song that was a great way to end the game.

Last edited:
Have a top ten instead. No real order. :D

1. Razgriz - Ace Combat 5 (technically not actually in the game, but it's still part of the OST)
2. Mission 18: Zero - Ace Combat Zero
3. Sank Memories, More Deep - Valkyrie Profile 2
4. The Fierce Battle - Final Fantasy VI (in the vid it's called Battle to the Death, but it's the same song. also, the GBA version is just as kickass.)
5. Sorrowful Prince Pelleas - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
6. Ascent - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
7. Confidence in the Domination - Valkyrie Profile (actually there's loads of great stuff in that OST but CitD is probably the best)
8. Planet Hoven - Ratchet and Clank (can't find a clean vid of the OST on youtube, but it plays in the background of the linked vid)
9. The Tragic Prince - Castlevania: SotN
10. Dancing Mad - Final Fantasy VI (so long that the vid's in two parts!)

and of course

if you don't love this song, you are not human

Back
Top Bottom