• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favourite Bands/Artists?

yes, deathcore is a bullshit term made up by the masses, it's just metalcore with slightly less melodic leads lol

Iron Maiden, Pain Of Salvation, Bon Jovi, Porcupine Tree / Blackfield, Opeth, Katatonia, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Muse, Johnny Cash, Dark Tranquillity, Dire Straits, Depeche Mode, Pain, Wintersun, etc.

oh yeah, I keep forgetting somehow to include Nevermore into lists like these despite them being one of my absolute favorites as well

yes, deathcore is a bullshit term made up by the masses, it's just metalcore with slightly less melodic leads lol
Which is why Encyclopaedia Metallum, probably the most accurate metal info site I've ever seen, classifies bands under deathcore? I wouldn't think they'd do that if it weren't for the better of classification.

Recently discovered a Painface album download, and it's awesome. The fact that I loved MFKR-knot a lot makes that even better.

Also, if I have to, I'll put Burn the Priest in my list, but that's just what Lamb of God was before they changed to... Lamb of God.

because encyclopedia metallum. the fact that lots of people use the word deathcore doesn't make it a less bullshit term lol

Then so is metalcore. Metalcore is just hardcore with more metal influences. Well, deathcore is metalcore with more death metal influences. Hell, "hardcore" is a bullshit term, too, because it's not "hardcore" at all. Opinions FTW.

Metalcore is gay, but it's a valid term. Deathcore is bullshit considering the metal influences in metalcore, are, gasp, death metal, so it's just the same as metalcore. The only difference is some bands have less dweedly clean bits and more shred/meltyerface riffs.

Hardcore is a completely valid genre because it's hardcore punk, which is an 80s punk movement.

learn ur music

Currently, my favorite Band is Scary Kids Scaring Kids. But it changes weekly so that's not final :p I also love *takes a deep breath*

Journey
David Bowie
Justin Timberlake
White Stripes
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Guns N' Roses
Led Zeppelin
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Tubes
Elton John
Madonna
Micheal Jackson
The Police
Secondhand Serenade
Dashboard Confessional
Gackt
Uverworld
Fatboy Slim
Escape the Fate
I Am Ghost
Weird Al
Fergie
Black Eyed Peas
Fall Out Boy
Panic at the Disco
Pink
Finger Eleven
Maroon 5
Hedley
Foo Fighters
Franz Ferdinand
GLaDOS (yes)
etc...

Like I said, I have way too many favorite bands.

For the guys talking about deathcore and metalcore, surely you wouldn't put something like Despised Icon and Killswitch Engage, for example, in the same genre. There are some pretty big musical differences between them tbh.

i would put killswitch engage in the "gay" genre
Whether or not you're a fan of Killswitch Engage, they're still a metalcore band (tbh while they can be blamed for spawning a lot of horrific ripoff bands I don't think Killswitch are that awful, I'd never buy an album of theirs or anything but they don't sound that terrible). Same with deathcore. Just because the majority of deathcore bands are shit, it doesn't mean that deathcore's suddenly not a genre.

no they are awful

i don't care if people call it metalcore or deathcore or whatever it's shit and it needs to die

If you don't care then why are you spending time arguing about it on the Internet? :S

because it's all fucking bullshit and people need to know that before they spend their hard earned cash on wannabe metal bands that are just doing it to be scene and not because they like metal

because it's all fucking bullshit and people need to know that before they spend their hard earned cash on wannabe metal bands that are just doing it to be scene and not because they like metal
fair enough lol. though some people (like Alaphlosiam, and even me to a certain extent) like deathcore for what it is while being well acquainted with death metal.

Who says I spend money on it?

Anyway, like I said before, I like deathcore mostly for the pig squeals. The majority of it is crap. Only bands that I could definitely say I like are Ted Maul, Despised Icon (well, meh), and possibly Suicide Silence. The others are listed for lolsqueals.

Back
Top Bottom