• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favourite Bands/Artists?

Well, I tend to stick with 4 bands/artists.

.Nine inch nails
.Kate Bush
.Talking heads
.A perfect circle

I do like other musical...eh...workers? But I don't like em enough to stick with them for months. I tend to go off others after a few months.

Well, I tend to stick with 4 bands/artists.

.Nine inch nails
.Kate Bush
.Talking heads
.A perfect circle

I do like other musical...eh...workers? But I don't like em enough to stick with them for months. I tend to go off others after a few months.

Yay Kate Bush. :D

Boo the other three. :(

Alice In Chains
At The Gates
Behemoth
Cannibal Corpse
Carcass
Cradle of Filth
Death
Decapitated
Demolition Hammer
Deicide
Emperor
Entombed
Evile
Gallows
Hail of Bullets
Immolation
Iron Maiden
Malefice
Metallica
Megadeth
Morbid Angel (saw them on Thursday mwahahaaa best gig ever)
Muse
My Chemical Romance (screw you I like them :P)
Nile
Nirvana
Obituary
Overkill
Satyricon
Sepultura
Slayer
Ted Maul
Vader
Vital Remains
Zico Chain

I listen to hundreds of bands but those are my absolute favourites I couldn't live without :)

Yes. I happen to be listening to Exodus 04. Yay.

Let's see...

Linkin park, ABBA (kinda sorta), the Beatles (kinda sorta), Utada Hikaru, whoever does the awesome FFX-2 music (1000 Words=best song ever), Nobuo Uematsu, Buono (I doubt any of you heard of them: they do the openings and endings for Shugo Chara)...I think that's it.

Oh, and Cartel.

The English versions of the FFX-2 music was done by Sweetbox, a (French, I think?) group under Avex. And the Japanese ones were done by Koda Kumi, popular Avex singer. I preferred Real Emotion but yes, they were awesome. :3

And Buono! are a group from Hello!Project~ And I love all Hello!Project stuff. I'm not fond of the three members in it, but it's a decent sub-group all the same.

Ooh~ If you don't mind my asking, which Lips songs/albums do you like most?
I only recently started getting addicted to them, so I the albums I own are Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, the Soft Bulletin, and At War With the Mystics. My favorite song is probably In the Morning of the Magicians, and Yoshimi is definitely the coolest album of the three.

Radiohead fucking rule all shit.
Very true.

Also I have been recently getting into Floyd and Porcupine Tree, and some other bands I like are Modest Mouse and Coldplay (I know, I know, but I think they're awesome).

hehe fuck yeah :) you into some of the more extreme stuff as well then?

Mostly the tech-death and some of the more melodic/atmospheric black metal. As you can see I dig bands like Atheist, Cynic, Meshuggah etc. I'm not really much for the brutal death metal/grindcore-esque stuff though Death and Morbid Angel are good old-school death metal.

I also like Emperor and Enslaved and Agalloch and Opeth.

also Coldplay have some good songs but they tend to get this thing where they have two songs and then the rest of the album sounds exactly like that

Mostly the tech-death and some of the more melodic/atmospheric black metal. As you can see I dig bands like Atheist, Cynic, Meshuggah etc. I'm not really much for the brutal death metal/grindcore-esque stuff though Death and Morbid Angel are good old-school death metal.

I also like Emperor and Enslaved and Agalloch and Opeth.

also Coldplay have some good songs but they tend to get this thing where they have two songs and then the rest of the album sounds exactly like that
all the bands you mentioned are awesome apart from Coldplay who I can't stand lol. Listening to Chris Martin's voice instills a greater desire to murder people violently in me than any death metal ever could.

^ ...your username suddenly makes a lot more sense.

I only recently started getting addicted to them, so I the albums I own are Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, the Soft Bulletin, and At War With the Mystics. My favorite song is probably In the Morning of the Magicians, and Yoshimi is definitely the coolest album of the three.

Oh, good.
Because I've got Clouds Taste Metallic, Yoshimi, Soft Bulletin, Satellite Heart, Priest Driven Ambulance, but I got Yoshimi first and none of their other stuff compares to it. I mean, the other albums are good, just not as good.

I like Do You Realize?? and Fight Test best :3

where do you live and can I buy you a t-shirt

just kick the metalcore ._.
What metalcore? It's all death metal, thrash metal, etc. with a little deathcore, which I only listen to because pig squeals (BREE BREEEE) are hilariously awesome. The mallcore (Slipknot) is there because they were the first band I got into, and I can't let go.

deathcore isn't a genre, deathcore is metalcore

and pig squeals are pretty awful

but yeah it's mostly death/thrash. gj on that

Favorites:
1. Slipknot
2. Behemoth
3. Slayer
4. Machine Head
5. Metallica
6. DevilDriver
7. Children Of Bodom
8. Strapping Young Lad