• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

@Ottercopter, have you got any other thoughts on the mechanical situations today, or other reads?

@Vipera Magnifica, sorry, could I just confirm whether you inherit the first "town" role or the first "not mafia" role?

I think the consensus is that Jack is third party or some sort of "mafia that flips as non-mafia"? Based on the combination of Eifie's Mysterious Informant info and Negrek's information confirming him as this third evil Deadly Doctor, the fact that he died on night 0 so the mafia probably killed him, and the fact that VM inherited ILS's role instead of Jack's role despite inheriting "not mafia" roles.

Wild conspiracy theory: there are actually two opposing third party factions within the game. One comprises a small subset of the town that can kill off members of the much larger faction during the night, while the other factions main goal is to weed out the first faction during the day via lynching

Look. I'm gonna be honest and say that the town is at a disadvantage here. Numbers aren't in our favor.

If, suddenly, someone posts "Disco Inferno" in chat and 4 more people die bc Arso, then there is a good chance we're even more fucked.

Third parties are dangerous, and given that there's weird, powerful town roles, there's probably super powerful TP's, more than than the usual "get lynched" and "kill" wincons.

4 people die and not a single one is mafia. That usually translates to "we need to work hard"

Mmm, uh... is there any indication that your heal might not work? Maybe it's some sort of fake role and so was Vigilante Man, which would explain the lack of Eifie's kill either??
If this turns out to be the case I will not be a happy chicken D:<

What I'm starting to get a bit nervous about is that we don't seem to have any idea what the mafia are doing. The innocent roles say that the town wins when all mafia killing roles have been eliminated, which implies the existence of mafia non-killing roles. Yet, if we take all the claims so far (except Mawile's) at face value, then everything that's happened so far is accounted for. If the mafia had non-killing roles and were using them, I would expect there to be at least some effect that we couldn't explain yet. So that makes me think at least one of the claims is probably false (either a complete lie, or a real role that's actually mafia-aligned).

It's worth mentioning that, up to now, I had been assuming that kyeugh's mystery redirector was mafia, on the basis that its net effect so far seemed to have been to generate a lot of FUD among town. To be honest I'm still a little bit unclear why town!RNP would have roleblocked Stryke when Stryke had claimed doctor, hadn't been counterclaimed, and had explicitly been given orders about which night action to take. "Stryke seems cunning" is... underwhelming, as reasoning goes.

Only, equally, I don't see why mafia!RNP would have claimed at all. So, um. we're back to square one.

Yet, if we take all the claims so far (except Mawile's) at face value, then everything that's happened so far is accounted for.
Sorry, everything except the confusion about how many heals were on Eifie and how she died. I'm confusing myself lol

It's worth mentioning that, up to now, I had been assuming that kyeugh's mystery redirector was mafia, on the basis that its net effect so far seemed to have been to generate a lot of FUD among town. To be honest I'm still a little bit unclear why town!RNP would have roleblocked Stryke when Stryke had claimed doctor, hadn't been counterclaimed, and had explicitly been given orders about which night action to take. "Stryke seems cunning" is... underwhelming, as reasoning goes.
this basically sums out how i've been feeling tbh. i thought that redirector was mafia for sure lol and then got confused as things moved on

4 people die and not a single one is mafia. That usually translates to "we need to work hard"
also i thought jack was likely lost mafia lol
sorry if it was a dumb question, the way you said it that authoritatively made me think you Knew Something else

Just gonna drop a little bit of (maybe useless) info here: speaking as mafia, I still don't know what was up with Jack.

I've been meaning to ask. If you're mafia, and your cover's been blown, why are you bothering hinting to us about things we don't know about? Presumably it would be better for your team to keep quiet. In fact, if I was in your scumchat, I would be screaming at you to stfu.

Back
Top Bottom