• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

Okay, read through done! (After a few minor distractions including, but not limited to a Promare watch party. it was okay.) I don't have that much to say, especially after a lot of people already made good observations with various long posts, buuuut

Seshas mentioned the possibility that mafia can maybe bypass doctors on even numbered nights because we have so many doctors in the game. That feels like a bit much when, like someone else said, a lot of people seemed to inherit those roles by chance. But maybe the Mafia have a non-killing role that lets them do something along those lines? Like isolating a target from all other night actions, but only once? Or if certain conditions are met (maybe another trigger phrase like the roleswapping)? Eifie feels like a weird choice for that if there is some kind of doctor bypass either way. Why bypass a doctor for one night when you can guarantee a kill on them instead?
Just throwing out random suggestions because I'm honestly having a hard time sorting out Eifie's death among all the doctor claims, healer clash, and roleblocking talk. I think that's a personal problem, though.
Am I misremembering that if we take the situation at face value, there shouldn't've been a healer clash because of RNP's roleblocking?

Also, I'm skeptic of MF until we see how Mawile flips upon death, but if we're willing to try experimenting with flips to see why everyone she checked got Mafia... How about inspecting Ultracool? Or did someone already suggest that...?

Oh, and on the note of Mawile, probably goes without saying, buuuut I don't see much reason to give credence to anything he says (Gonna be pretty wary of Herbe too). Although there isn't really a point in lying about his trope specifically since Negrek should be able to reveal it the next day. God, there is so much to process today.

Am I misremembering that if we take the situation at face value, there shouldn't've been a healer clash because of RNP's roleblocking?
No, you're remembering correctly! If every claimed night action last night is true and succeeded, Eifie should have been healed by kokorico and no one else.

I'm skeptic of MF until we see how Mawile flips upon death
Maybe this is a silly question, but what would Mawile's death flip (not mafia vs. mafia) mean for your interpretation of MF's alignment? Since you seem to think Mawile's anti-town, but seem to believe MF's claim later on in that sentence.

Do you have any generalized thoughts about Panini and Mist1422?

No, you're remembering correctly! If every claimed night action last night is true and succeeded, Eifie should have been healed by kokorico and no one else.

Maybe this is a silly question, but what would Mawile's death flip (not mafia vs. mafia) mean for your interpretation of MF's alignment? Since you seem to think Mawile's anti-town, but seem to believe MF's claim later on in that sentence.

Do you have any generalized thoughts about Panini and Mist1422?

What Negrek said, basically! People had suspicions, but Rari_teh's roleclaim cemented Mawile's death and implicates MF so long as Mawile flips mafia. I don't really believe MF, it's just like when I tried to suggest we figure out who Mawile should motion detect. Juuuuuust in case, I don't wanna risk wasting a night action/possible information in this case.

No thoughts on Mist since they don't post much. Panini, I didn't really retain much. I guess they're okay? I'll look over their posts again tomorrow morning since I know they made a few long ones recently. Gonna sleep now, so take care.

(Gonna be pretty wary of Herbe too)
This is entirely fair, and most of the reason that I've kinda been... wary about thoughtsposting I guess? Cause I know I'm not really trustworthy right now, but that was just the situation I was thrown in. I don't want to derail/distract town too much, either, because y'all would get worried about my motivation/incentives about posts right now. It's also awkward for me to post about mawile since I still kinda want to be loyal? Like yes, for all my regular townfolk lynching mawile is the obvious move. But :(((
I'll be benign once Mawile is killed, and try to be helpful to town like I've tried to be before since there will be 0 incentive for me to be sneaksy anymore. (But also... please forgive me if I seem to get less engaged. It's a lot easier to engage when you know you have a shot at winning.)

For a second I also considered "what if not all doctors are town aligned" but it seems deeply unfun to have the mafia doctor just mimic whoever the kill gets put on effectively making the town doc useless.

Well, the Mysterious Informant role Eifie and I had quite bluntly stated that there was an evil doctor afoot, but I assumed untill now that that had been JackPK due to somebody who claimed the ability to see the Rolenames of the dead registering him as a "Deadly Doctor". Maybe that role is inheritable, or there are some other shenanigans surrounding it? Perhaps JackPK isn't dead, after all?

Well, the Mysterious Informant role Eifie and I had quite bluntly stated that there was an evil doctor afoot, but I assumed untill now that that had been JackPK due to somebody who claimed the ability to see the Rolenames of the dead registering him as a "Deadly Doctor". Maybe that role is inheritable, or there are some other shenanigans surrounding it? Perhaps JackPK isn't dead, after all?
Oh hmm, so your info just says that there was an evil doctor and that's all? It doesn't mention the doctor specifically being Deadly Doctor?

No, it just states that an evil doctor exists. Do you think that the DD might not have been the evil one meant, or that maybe there were even multiple evil doctors around?

No, it just states that an evil doctor exists. Do you think that the DD might not have been the evil one meant, or that maybe there were even multiple evil doctors around?
Oh no, sorry, I just thought it was specifically about the deadly doctor.

I think... it's probably a little mean if there are multiple evil doctors given that information, hehe. I would expect that it refers to the deadly doctor if the nanobot doctor, Stryke, is town.

Quick fleshing out of my reads based on the new mech info, and some interactions assuming MF and Mawile are mafia. I probably still have too many townreads.

I'm not entirely sure if Mawile is group mafia based on some of the way he's been acting - him seeming confused by some of the mechanical situations, for instance - and if he isn't, some of the stuff I mention as interactions clearing people aren't valid. But if VM and Negrek are to be believed, Jack was likely already non-group mafia? A thought that's crossed my mind is maybe none of the mafia know each other, or few do, because if VM only inherits "not mafia" roles, that means Jack was full-blown mafia, and then it would be pretty weird for him to die on night 1.

I also think it's plausible that the mafia have some sort of recruitment ability or more kills or another weird strings-pulling thing, particularly given the town power that we've seen, so I think we shouldn't get complacent - let's keep reevaluating and pressing people for stances and stuff in future days!

Townreads
Mr. Ultracool: Has Eifie's SOD1 role, so he's pretty much guaranteed town to me based on the fact that Eifie cleared him.
rari_teh: Pure early posting, un-counterclaimed cop
kyeugh: Super skeptical treatment of Mawile's EOD2 - this holds less water if Mawile isn't actually group mafia, but going against the lazy Odie wagon is still a pretty good look
mewtini: Active and solvey, so I haven't looked back at any interactions with Mawile or MF. At some point I might drop her to a lower tier but I am currently sheeping Eifie being pocketed by her.

Town For Claim
IndigoEmmy / Seshas: They haven't been super participatory, but they're both Mysterious Informants who claimed early with info that seems legit. Specifically both of their d1 claims seemed very agenda-less to me.
kokorico: Contradicted Mawile's story earlier toDay, and claimed a very similar role to my original role that fills in a lot of blanks from last night (Eifie's death, Negrek's getting the wrong role name) while also not buying my made-up flavor red herring. If e made the latter up, props. There is still the weirdness around Eifie's death given RNP's claim, but I'm fairly inclined to believe em.
Stryke: So we don't know for sure that the nanobot doctor is town, and without looking back it still bugs me a little bit that both Mawile and he went for Odie_pie instead of each other yesterDay, but assuming that Jack was the "evil doctor", he's seemed fair enough.
Negrek: Early claim. Seems to be providing good information so far. Assuming Mawile is group mafia, I think Mawile's posts today imply her role is real and she believes the knowledge she gets to be true, regardless of her alignment. There was an early post where Mawile asked to clarify if her ability could also get the ability names of lynched people, which probably doesn't actually mean anything
VM: Early claim. If Mawile is group mafia, Mawile's post to VM about VM's outlandish claim is a decent look for him.

(there are hopefully, like, at most 2 mafia in the above?)

Middle Tier, not really sorted
serimachi: No strong opinion about his posting. I kind of want to townread him off of Herbe making that elaborated push on him mid-d2, but that requires Mawile to be group mafia and Herbe to be aware of the mafia through him. MF also hopped on the pushing him train despite earlier disavowing an inactive lynch.
Ottercopter: I wasn't overly impressed by her EOD yesterday on a skim, but soliciting people for Mawile to "motion detect" was alright. Overall her claim is believable enough, but at some point I need to go back and look at her EOD1 (and how mafia treated her EODs) and make sure it all makes sense.
Redneckphoenix: Posts are, like, fine? + kyeugh vouches for his role seeming legit. I am confused and not sure what happened with Eifie's death based on that, though, short of like koko not actually being a doctor, or RNP getting blocked or something.
Panini: Her posts are fine too, but mainly mechanical. Probably need to look back at her EOD2 and treatment of the wagons, I guess. MF sort of talking past / weaponizing her townlean of me is alright for her. Although MF's main conclusion from looking through Boq's posts was pushing me and not anyone else Boq pushed (e.g. Panini).
Flora: is missed :c
Mist1422: is Mist! (rimshot)

Herbe and the Red Checks (indie folk band name)
Herbe: I eagerly await the Herbe Tell-All. Again I'm not totally clearing him unless and until we know more about his connection to Mawile.
MF: There are definitely the edge cases where she's an insane cop, but I think resolving her should probably be a priority since the check on her seems to be our next best lead.
Mawile: Don't particularly think he's an activated alien because Rari's red check was n1 and he seemed very self-preserving EOD2.

Would appreciate opinions on any of [serimachi / Otter / RNP / Panini / Mist], or the situation where RNP blocked half of the supposed healer clash that killed Eifie. I thought back to the original speculation that Eifie was Vigilante Man and couldn't stand targeting an innocent, so her own kill backfired on her and she was also targeted by the mafia kill so it went through kokorico's layer of protection, or something? It resolves the situation but it's weird and I don't really like it.

I probably won't be around very much before deadline. Vote Mawile

It was COVID-19 Mafia all along! (dun dun DUUUUN)
It's not you, it's me!

@rari_teh Maybe give Bfree a few hours, and then quote one of my posts with "it's not you, it's me"? RNP's day action blocking effect shouldn't have any effect on this going through, I don't think.

On the topic of his role, if I'm understanding it right, "roleblock someone and then all day abilities are suppressed for the next day phase" feels kind of disconnected as a single role but it seems like kyeugh confirmed his roleblock effect and I have no idea why he'd make up the second part or claim now if he were mafia.

BgF7uW5.png

@rari_teh Maybe give Bfree a few hours, and then quote one of my posts with "it's not you, it's me"?
Haha, so actually I still feel like this might be a silly way to use this power because we could just have you continue to be the cop, and that way the medics don't have to guess which person has the cop ability tonight either.

Maybe should we try and swap with someone else who isn't very active? Like I could try to confirm RNP or Otter's role, or something.

I feel like i need a list now

Town?
mewtini: Mewtini seems to be town... very much. She atively guesses to the point where she probably is not mafia.

Town For Claim
Me: Said a weird claim about something that people believe me about and should because it's true so here i am.
Kokorico: Claimed something the other day right?
VM: Also claimed right?

IDK
everyone that isn't in one of these lists

Dangers to society
Herbe: Uhh... something shady? I hope he's not actually up to anything. I can't wait to see the whole story.
MF: IS SO SUSPICIOUS I JUST SHE'S VERY SUSPICIOUS
Mawile: IS TWICE AS SUSPICIOUS AS ABOVE. MAWILE IS DEFINITELY MAFIA

Back
Top Bottom