• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

I find it kind of interesting @Eifie was one of the first people to float Odie as a lynch when iirc during the first MU-TCOD invitational I'm pretty sure she was resistant to the idea of killing DarkAura who was put in kind o the same position? Would be interested in hearing her process on that

I've said it like a gazillion times by now!

I don't wanna tell people who might actually play later that they don't get to be a part of all the fun shenanigans of our revival game on d1 when I have basically no suspicions that I feel super-strongly about. It's sad.

in closing.... (and sorry if i've missed something relevant, have only been periodically checking),

i liek squirtles. between him/otter/mawile, otter and mawile are still voices i want to hear from (particularly otter, though i admit you guys have pushed her a few spaces lower in my ranking) so i'd rather lynch him for being honestly pretty quiet and posting only very flimsy content. i can be convinced to go for redneckphoenix instead, if people would rather go with someone ever so slightly less active, but i have more reasons i'm against ils; even if he's town, we don't lose out any more than we probabilistically would by lynching odie or RNP, since he hasn't said anything but was still involved in a few scenarios that i find sketchy
last thing before i briefly stfu and go back to do the catch-up-and-reply dance. reiterating that i am against the zero-vote lynch, when, as keldeo said earlier, odie is so absent to the point of it being possible that IF they rolled mafia, they could be nonparticipatory in mafia chat.

i'm genuinely ok with rnp instead, and i wouldn't be upset if the consensus rolled around to odie, but i don't really understand what the defenses in favor of ils are - beyond players not wanting to punish anyone for d1 activity. as far as im concerned odie is a non-player and if we skip ils and rnp it goes down to flora.

so if someone could explain their pro-ils sentiments i would be really curious to hear

Yep! Day phases are so long... Although yeah, fair point, early voting for a lynching definitely felt more suspicious than early abstaining, which didn't really seem off to me until days later when I'm trying to find things to make note of that people haven't already said.
Starting to think that's a worse habit than I initially thought it would be, heh.
This is to me good thoughts and all but the post kinda breaks the immersion I had of the post I commented as "this makes this so hard". In that post, it felt coming from someone who was unsure how to play/contribute/get a grip on the game whereas here it feels like a firm grip.

I am sorry if this is disheartening you Otter. I dont mean to be a critic ):

Impulse posting things just because I haven't posted much or noticed much, but wanna contribute (Mewitti said something earlier about us both having a complex about being insightful enough for Mafia and that's pretty spot-on).

(Keldeo, thoughts on Rari and Seshas in progress, reviewing stuff now. Although I feel like this'll be hard to answer in a neutral-sounding way when they're both suspicious of me.)
so you were impulse posting before because you had not posted that much prior to that?

that would be pretty hilarious but I have a vague wondering if him not caring much about the game makes him more likely town

idfk
sorry tbh
i am a mood player

when i am in a not good mood it gets hard for me to engage especially in new places
atm i am in a sloppy mood so i will play sloppily tbh

Can you elaborate when you're done catching up?
I feel like you post a lot but I don't really get the sense of it. It looks good on a surface level. Your questions of me on the ILS/otter thing felt like you wanted to create a talking point by poking at some details. Even tho I had misread one post lmao, but that was what I felt, or feel. Idk

i agree about mf but also feel preemptively like it’s the “i just don’t have any feelings about anyone” thing that so many people have been saying so i haven’t really been raising my eyebrows at it ig. i think she has kind of tempered prevailing sentiments in ways i agree with so i haven’t been really watching her as closely/thinking about her so deeply. negrek is in this exact same boat for me actually

that said idrk where she (or negrek) stand on any specific person; their takes on players have been p hedgy imo and i’d be interested in seeing reads lists

i agree about mf but also feel preemptively like it’s the “i just don’t have any feelings about anyone” thing that so many people have been saying so i haven’t really been raising my eyebrows at it ig. i think she has kind of tempered prevailing sentiments in ways i agree with so i haven’t been really watching her as closely/thinking about her so deeply. negrek is in this exact same boat for me actually

that said idrk where she (or negrek) stand on any specific person; their takes on players have been p hedgy imo and i’d be interested in seeing reads lists

@Negrek in the same boat hahahahahahaha

anyway yeah I've basically been ignoring any doubt I feel about Negrek atm because I'm just like "whatever, roleclaim, evaluate later". In particular there was a post where they said they were pleased about VM's "claim" causing so much stuff to happen but then proceeded to offer completely zero thoughts about any of the stuff that happened. I remember raising my eyebrows a lot but then being like "whatever. roleclaim." and moving on

haha wait i forgot about negrek’s claim. that puts them above mf for me. still ideally want to see a reads list though

Tbh I thought you might say something like this and I don't disagree, it just felt a bit bad to try and pass it off as something it wasn't when it essentially just boiled down to me being ineffectual

I find it kind of interesting @Eifie was one of the first people to float Odie as a lynch when iirc during the first MU-TCOD invitational I'm pretty sure she was resistant to the idea of killing DarkAura who was put in kind o the same position? Would be interested in hearing her process on that

(For ref my own feelings are that I'm not crazy about the idea of the 0 poster lynch but if inactive slots have to be manually resolved it's not a terrible option)

I have no idea how to find the start of this otter/ILS/Seshas stuff, your Iso system perplexes and bemuses me.
well i did go back and look and corrected myself. What I was actually looking at was who and what did you choose to respond to with your limited posts. If you were limited to just one or two players, so that is why I first took notice of you replying to that post because it felt like the only convo you were in whilst other stuff was taking place at the same time. Your reaction to my post (and kinda this post too) were kinda more aggressive than I anticipated they'd be.

I really dont remember who Odie was... the cute dog from Garfield tbh?

Back
Top Bottom