• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

(and I believe there was some kind of twist?)
I don't remember the exact details, but everything went off the rails really quickly. I also got (literally!) backstabbed in that game >:(

As a definite human person,
Hello fellow human-shaped being! It is good to see that your human, blood-free hands are functioning properly. Like a human.

I'm proud to report that my hands have all their blood stored safely inside them! No contaminated outside-blood here.

y'all saying flavour text probably doesn't mean anything/is super red-herring-y gotta go do your homework and read the old tv tropes mafia

or do you need spoilers to have known all the stuff the flavour was pointing at. idk. it def was though.

even if flavor text Does tell us stuff... i just feel like there wasn't a ton of info there for last night? I mean, maybe it's weird that his body was just smack in the middle of town square. but when does that edge over into overanalysing? I know we don't have a lot to go on, considering it's D1, but still.

speaking of... we got a goal today? cause with such a lack of info (whether that be from the one, nondescript death, or from investigators not having enough time to work) I don't see us necessarily lynching someone today. unless someone wants to come in and make money moves?

on second thought, we have plenty of time to discuss, maybe it's too soon to call.

Eifie, on a scale from "casual Discord mafia game" to "serious business," how seriously are you taking this game? :d

I remember SOP in a game this big usually just being to abstain until we have any information, but now we have new scumhunting techniques or something, so maybe we can figure something out.

oh yeah? post a screenshot of your role pm. :devilish:
No, I'm a Rule-Abiding Rebel!

Hmm, interesting. Normally I don't put a lot of stock into flavor text, but not sure what to expect for this game. Will be interesting to see in upcoming nights whether there's more of a "mafia" angle to day posts and whether this might actually indicate a non-mafia kill.
Oh, and if you're referring to the "Ransacking his house, the townspeople find no weapons, no obvious signs of shady activity" line, I think that might just be a reference to Jack not being mafia?

just poking my head in so as to not be inactive!flagged, but as someone who is only peripherally familiar with tcodf mafia, i’m also a) relieved to see that only one person was lost (kind of expected it to be bloodier?) and b) agree with keldeo that i think the most Solid part of the flavortext was just that jack wasn’t mafia. other than that i feel like a lot of it read red-herring-like? :T

Oh, and if you're referring to the "Ransacking his house, the townspeople find no weapons, no obvious signs of shady activity" line, I think that might just be a reference to Jack not being mafia?
Yeah, could read either as "no sign that he was Mafia" or "no sign of foul play."

Yeah, could read either as "no sign that he was Mafia" or "no sign of foul play."
i thought about this too, but at least imo it seems to require some more mental gymnastics to read it as the latter? idk. i think “weapons” could go either way but it hinges on “shady activity” (which read more to me with a salem witch hunt vibe, but i could ofc see it going in the other direction too) ..,

i mean i think killing someone is foul play regardless of whether the mafia does it. to me the description would sooner suggest a ninja or something but that's kind of reaching

I personally am in my element when surrounded by corpses and blood. Ooh, death...

i mean i think killing someone is foul play regardless of whether the mafia does it. to me the description would sooner suggest a ninja or something but that's kind of reaching
mostly i meant that i thought the house-ransacking didn't volunteer info having to do with the killing itself. the description that suggested a non-mafia kill to me was just that it was, like, bloodless or w/e

the whole description is weird but like ultimately someone still died and we don't know why the description is the way it is so i don't know why it would suggest third party over scum

like he is still. very much dead. whether it was by scum or not the flavor is still weird

Back
Top Bottom