• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

bruh

well ... i don’t have any mechanical cover to rely on so i guess i’ll just have to accept my fate but like. idk if now is the time to start pulling out reasons i think emmy is still more likely the mafia than others (i continue to think kyeugh is town, in particular)

there’s a lot of time left in the day so i’ll vibe/idly solve for a bit, but hopefully no one takes my #resignation as an admission of guilt lol. i feel like there’s kind of nothing i can do other than try to help for after i flip nonmafia :p

i suppose that i will like sadness-post for a bit while i get some thoughts out and i might as well vote indigoemmy lmfao

to be honest, i'm feeling less frustrated - with panini, kyeugh, emmy, ottercopter, and seshas remaining, you at least win tomorrow even if it's in MyLo since emmy is now the only vaguely skeptical clear (skylar's claim now solidifies panini which is nice!) so she gets lynched next. god bless. this is a much better way to have to go out than when i panicked for a full night phase thinking that herbe pocketing me was going to get me immediately lynched :(

the only real thing i have to say in my defense is that i think my behavior in roleclaiming made sense as a (somewhat inept) 3p role - i only really bring this up because i think otter thought that my roleclaim was opportune/weird, since it came after mist died? i said this before but i straight up didn't realize that they'd claimed. quite frankly i don't think i would have claimed until after the lynch, even if i had seen mist's claim, because it just feels weirdly game throwy and in that scenario i'd be more preoccupied with that than with keeping my credibility with town (which i already feel like i threw away a bit by even claiming as soon as i did, which again, was first thing after mist died - and i only claimed then because my fate in the game technically stopped mattering)
(i continue to think kyeugh is town, in particular)
btw, i now realize this was totally unneeded. sorry. i had only read the posts with my name bolded and hadn't totally caught up, hehe

i mean tbqh i Get It and that's why i've kind of given up. emmy still makes me feel weird and i still really think that she's the last wolf, but if you guys are going to lynch her tomorrow anyway, then it's pretty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and you'll (hopefully?!?!) win regardless! and i am the lynch that makes the most sense. i'm just sadboiz about not making it to the very end :>

anyway, to temporarily point fingers, the only evidence i think that actually looks better for me versus emmy is voting history

ok gn tbh

tbh i think it's kind of uncharacteristic/novel how emmy took charge just now (like, pinging me, announcing me as her vote) when, now that i actually properly read back again, there are only two votes on me hahaha

tbh now i feel like i overreacted/made my semi-long posts kind of early, all i saw was emmy's ping saying i was the primary lynch now :') so ... i thought the scenario was a bit more dire than it was. i guess it doesn't rly change much though!

omg, no, don't feel bad

i'm just pointing things out that feel weird or off to me. i'm not upset or anything like that, it's all good bro

Hey, Kyeugh, do you know if Panini's power might have anything to do with VM getting that message about you not being mafia on day two?

you officially know as much about panini’s role as i do, so your guess is as good as mine. i honestly don’t see how it could be related though.

my role is the Heroic Mime, and my power is It’s Personal. i’ve been linked to panini since the beginning of the game, and it’s actually through her that i’ve received my information. i’m sure she’ll talk about that herself. my own power is that if panini is killed during the night, i learn the identity of her killer. not too useful now that it’s claimed. we don’t have communication with each other, but we do know each other’s alignments.

Yep! Can confirm.
My role is Voice with an Internet Connection and my role trope is Exact Eavesdropping - I act as a watcher on kyeugh during the night and send her who visited her and with what power (but not their role). It's a passive ability and I don't get to see the results myself but it's written explicitly that it acts as an action from me to her and is therefore targettable - I'm presuming this was why we got the weird VM power name issue that one day.

Hey, Kyeugh, do you know if Panini's power might have anything to do with VM getting that message about you not being mafia on day two?

This wasn't me! Not sure what's up with that, but as far as I remember the two names that this happened with were Ultracool and kyeugh so I kind of shrugged past it?

oh that’s a good point
also it is really weird to actually talk about this after being silently linked to you for so long. hi partner! :D
Hey pard! :> It is weird! but also a weight off my chest to be able to finally hear from you directly! :'D

Thoughts on the general gamestate: hopefully we really are just in mechanical lock now for one in mewtini/Emmy. Seri dying last night adds a lot of cred to the last wolf just wanting to avoid more clears via body swaps so Seshas/Otter, if they weren't already by the circumstances, are double-lock to me today.

I wasn't really expecting to have to put mewtini back in the pool, so I'm kind of more ready to pull the trigger on Emmy today,,?
But I do think like. Just mechanically things work out way crisper and more in line with Occam's Razor if it's Emmy that telling the truth about her claim and it ends up mewtini's is fabricated :

Mewtini's claim to be 3P assistant to Mist comes after Mist is dead. Which means that the small amount of accountability that would have come with the 3P claim had already been dealt with before it was out to us.

Emmy on the other hand I think dropped the nano/mage thing before anybody had tipped their hand about either one, so in order for this to have been a fake we would also have to patch in some way for the mafia to have fed her this info and for her to have spun up an early claim based on it. Which is like, not impossible, but just requires a bit more stretch for the imagination.

@mewtini Sorry to ask again, but do I remember correct that you said your wincon hadn't been updated since Mist had died?

Sorry to ask again, but do I remember correct that you said your wincon hadn't been updated since Mist had died?
yep! if mist hit their alien wincon, then i would win whether i was alive or dead

Seri dying last night adds a lot of cred to the last wolf just wanting to avoid more clears via body swaps so Seshas/Otter, if they weren't already by the circumstances, are double-lock to me today.
ftr this is kind of what swayed me back over to suspecting emmy (like, before we pivoted to me vs her) - i think she would have been the next swap, since i wasn't really in line to get swapped with? or maybe it would've been panini, who's clear now anyway. (then again i guess in that world, w!me could have been trying to frame her with the serimachi nk, as otter mentioned was a possible motive for the kill. on the other hand, if i pretend that i'm mafia, i don't see why - given that i was safe from the swapchain - i'd choose to get rid of serimachi over seshas or otter, who have been cleared and are incredibly useful to town; it kinda baffles me that they're still around)

Mewtini's claim to be 3P assistant to Mist comes after Mist is dead. Which means that the small amount of accountability that would have come with the 3P claim had already been dealt with before it was out to us.
yeah. i talked a bit before about why i didn't claim earlier, but ...

well. as i said. i do think i make sense as a lynch and if i weren't me, i'd be voting for me too ehehehe ... it's just kind of frustrating because i know i'm not a wolf and i have nothing to work with to prove that i'm not, aside from the fact that i have a cleaner voting history. :[ the bright side is that i think that if all the other clears are to be trusted (and i think they are), the wolf is definitely between emmy and i, so at least town still wins.

and i've already lost, anyway! hahaha. i almost wish i were actually mafia so i could be proud of myself for having made it this far ...

Back
Top Bottom