• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Frost Mountain

The Omskivar

chah, dude
As you trudge through the Safari Zone, you notice it becoming colder and colder. As you begin to see your breath, you come across an old man running a web of cable cars. He stops one of them in front of you.

"Name's Rick," says Rick, "Welcome to Frost Mountain--or, rather, welcome to the Cable Car. This here'll take you to Frost Mountain. That's..." Rick strokes his chin and considers the various cable car lines. He points at one. "That one there. That'll take you to the peak of the mountain. There are also lines to the Petrified Forest, the Ice Lake, the Chambers, and the Crevasse. I should warn you, though, you can't venture for too long in the Chambers, the Ice Lake or the Peak of Frost Mountain without a Fire Pokemon to keep you warm. Also, the Cable Car is $2 to ride. Hey," he shrugs, "I gotta make a living too."

"I'll throw in six Balls to make it worth your while," says Rick, as you look at him suspiciously. "Free of charge. And only $2 for every Pokemon you catch, $3 if it's Shiny. That money doesn't go to me, it goes to the owner of the place, a guy named Omskivar. He don't show his face around here much, only when someone's found somethin' rare. It's usually worth talkin' to him though."

"If you want this Thermal Blanket, to help you keep warm, it's yours for $4, but I'll need it back when you're done. If you don't have the Blanket or a Fire-Type, you'll only have about an hour (10 turns) in the colder areas. Wouldn't want you not to come back. If you want extra Balls, you're welcome to buy them for $1 each."

Frost Peak Thermal Blanket or Fire-Type Pokemon Recommended
The top of Frost Mountain. A lot of Ice-Types call this Mountain home, and sometimes you can find Fighting Pokemon training hard on the harsh summit.

Common:
Cubchoo Vanillite Snorunt Mienfoo Meditite Swinub Tangela Smoochum Abra Bronzor Beldum Chingling

Uncommon:
Sneasel Delibird Chimecho Vanillish Tangrowth Piloswine Medicham Sawk Metang Absol Kadabra

Rare:
Weavile Beartic Glalie Jynx Cryogonal Bronzong Mienshao

Ultra Rare:
Metagross Froslass Glaceon Alakazam Vanilluxe Mamoswine

Ice Lake Thermal Blanket or Fire-Type Pokemon Recommended
A large lake, the top frozen solid into a vast expanse of ice. Here and there you can see pools of icy water that Water Pokemon have created. Large migratory Pokemon cross here on occasion.

Common:
Swinub Spheal Seel Shellder Psyduck Slowpoke Basculin Magikarp Krabby Corphish Staryu Wailmer Goldeen Poliwag Clamperl Cubchoo Horsea

Uncommon:
Piloswine Seaking Kingler Poliwhirl Alomomola Golduck Sealeo Sneasel Delibird Snover Tirtouga Kabuto Omanyte Corsola Relicanth Gorebyss Huntail Starmie Piplup Seadra Dratini

Rare:
Poliwrath Politoed Wailord Prinplup Crawdaunt Slowbro Abomasnow Weavile Gyarados Cloyster Beartic Dewgong Dragonair Stunfisk

Ultra Rare:
Carracosta Mamoswine Empoleon Slowking Walrein Lapras Kingdra Dragonite Vaporeon

This Month's Migration:
Bouffalant

The Chambers Thermal Blanket or Fire-Type Pokemon Recommended
A mass of chilled tunnels throughout the interior of the mountain. Cave Pokemon make their homes here, as well as some Ghosts.

Common:
Geodude Roggenrola Zubat Woobat Rhyhorn Timburr Cubchoo Snorunt Bronzor Beldum Gastly Duskull Spheal Swinub Machop Cleffa Unown Baltoy

Uncommon:
Cranidos Shieldon Boldore Swoobat Golbat Graveler Cryogonal Solrock Lunatone Haunter Shuppet Gible Metang Throh Piloswine Gurdurr Machoke Delibird Sealeo

Rare:
Sableye Mawile Gabite Dusclops Banette Rhydon Beartic Bronzong Glalie

Ultra Rare:
Conkeldurr Machamp Gigalith Golem Rhyperior Gengar Dusknoir Rampardos Bastiodon

Petrified Forest

A forest frozen in time. The trees are still, even when the wind is at its most ferocious. The Grass- and Bug-types that can handle the cold are here.

Common:
Oddish Snover Ferroseed Foongus Exeggcute Snorunt Deerling Karrablast Larvitar Bronzor Hoppip Sentret Rattata Patrat Dwebble Mankey Shroomish Swinub Poochyena Purrloin Vanillite Drifloon Shelmet Nincada Surskit

Uncommon:
Pinsir Watchog Gloom Furret Raticate Lileep Archen Sneasel Skiploom Vanillish Liepard Vulpix Misdreavus Murkrow Piloswine Turtwig Bulbasaur Treecko Chikorita Ninjask

Rare:
Rufflet Vullaby Bronzong Pupitar Mightyena Primeape Weavile Vileplume Bellossom Bayleef Grovyle Ivysaur Grotle Ferrothorn Abomasnow Breloom Amoonguss Crustle Sawsbuck Jumpluff Drifblim Froslass

Ultra Rare:
Braviary Mamoswine Mandibuzz Tyranitar Archeops Cradily Sceptile Torterra Meganium Venusaur Vanilluxe Mismagius Honchkrow Ninetales

The Crevasse -- CLOSED; Too dangerous to adventure here just yet.

Prices:
Entry: $2
First Six Balls: Free
Additional Balls: $1 each
Pokemon Caught: $2
Shiny Pokemon Caught: $3
Thermal Blanket: $4 (NOTE: Without the Thermal Blanket or a Fire-Type Pokemon, you can only adventure in the Peak, Chambers or Lake 10 turns.)
Switching areas: $1 Cable Car fee each time

Last edited:
i'll join.my trusty charmander will keep me warm.

Why can't i venture the crevasse yet? do i have to complete a round first?

No, it's nothing to do with you. It will be open once the workers finish setting up safety precautions.

Which area would you like to venture in?

Starmie Ungendered

As you walk across the ice, a brilliant flash of rainbow light jumps in front of you, and a Starmie lands on the lake ahead, eyeing gemming you with interest.

Would you like to catch it?

I am indeed using RNG.

Ignoring the Starmie, you continue on your way until you see a snoozing Poliwhirl
It is male.

What would you like to do?

Shellder Female

As you trudge across the barren land, you notice a scraping noise behind you, and turn to find a Shellder following you.

ignore. Sorry little shellder, now go make a slowpoke happy. OH FUCK ITS ATTACKING ME! *gets mauled by the shellder*

Shellder Female

She keeps pestering you, obviously trying to escape this cruel environment.

(You just legitimately rolled exactly the same thing. I think the RNG gods hate you)

Alright you fucking clam. *kicks the clam out of this place* If it comes back, i'm gonna fucking kill that clam.

oh, and the short of it is; IGNORE!

That...is.....a....fucking.....FISH!!! FUCK NO!!!!! TAKE THE UGLY FISH BACK!!!!

XD, IGNORE!

Ignore it is. Feel free to switch areas at any time, I dunno if that needed to be said in the first post or not O3O

Anyhoo, as I run out of narrations...

Kingler
It is a Female.

ignore. Can I switch to petrified forest. Maybe the RNG gods will lighten up?

We'll see!

You venture to Petrified Forest.

NOTE: As of right now, all area changes are Cable-Car operated, and as such cost $1. This doesn't apply to DarkAura because I hadn't thought of it yet.

The RNG gods like to taunt you. You were 1 away from having a Shiny.

As it is:

Meganium Male

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

I stab the RNG gods and kill em. Crap, now no one's maintaining the RNG booth. I guees i'll main tain it so that way it's all shinies.

Catch

Alright then! First capture on Frost Mountain.

You find a small pond with a group of:

Surskit
A Male stops to look at you. 5 Balls left; Meganium (M) caught

ignore. I bring the RNG gods back to life, and i instruct them to TRY to give me a shiny, nah, probably a snover or something =P

Back
Top Bottom