• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Game Queue Something

am vaguely entertaining running a mafia game but based more off role-playing games than traditional mafia rules
- 7p
- no/very limited death
- there would be a location that you can move around in and explore and interact with objects

Very Rough Sketch (after an hour and a half of working on the idea):
Humans - Uninformed Majority (5 people)
- Win by killing all the Numines.
Numines - Informed Minority (2 people)
- Win by removing all seals on the beacon.

- There is a beacon on the highest tower of the castle.
- There are (3) seals on the beacon. If all three seals are removed, the Numines win.
- Numines cannot break the seals without the key. Once they have the key, they can remove them normally.
- With enough physical force (usually from more than one person), a player can be forced to break a seal. This will only fail if they are a Numen without the key.

- The key is split into (3) shards and spread throughout the castle, protected by puzzles. These are physical objects, and can be collected.
- Numines can steal a shard of the key simply by being in the same room as the person with the shard for 5 seconds.
- Shards cannot be stolen on the highest tower.

- A player who broke a seal can mark another person. This can only be done once per seal.
- A player who broke a seal can release the energy of the beacon, killing all marked players. This can only be done once per game.
- A player with a shard can, through physical and eye contact for 5 seconds, determine another player's faction. This can only be done once per shard.

feedback appreciated I guess
Most actions will be open-ended (like a RP), there may be roles that come with slight customizations (but nothing like a cop or a doctor), the puzzles will be spread throughout the rooms of the castle probably
Because actions are open-ended, you can assult players all you want, but actually killing them will probably be pretty hard, for game balance sake
Numbers of seals and shards are subject to change, and I don't expect this to be really balanced but w/e

am vaguely entertaining running a mafia game but based more off role-playing games than traditional mafia rules
- 7p
- no/very limited death
- there would be a location that you can move around in and explore and interact with objects

- There are (3) seals on the beacon. If all three seals are removed, the Numines win.
- Numines cannot break the seals without the key. Once they have the key, they can remove them normally.
- With enough physical force (usually from more than one person), a player can be forced to break a seal. This will only fail if they are a Numen without the key.

- The key is split into (3) shards and spread throughout the castle, protected by puzzles. These are physical objects, and can be collected.
- Numines can steal a shard of the key simply by being in the same room as the person with the shard for 5 seconds.

- A player who broke a seal can mark another person. This can only be done once per seal.
- A player who broke a seal can release the energy of the beacon, killing all marked players. This can only be done once per game.
- A player with a shard can, through physical and eye contact for 5 seconds, determine another player's faction. This can only be done once per shard.

Most actions will be open-ended (like a RP), there may be roles that come with slight customizations (but nothing like a cop or a doctor), the puzzles will be spread throughout the rooms of the castle probably
Because actions are open-ended, you can assult players all you want, but actually killing them will probably be pretty hard, for game balance sake
Numbers of seals and shards are subject to change, and I don't expect this to be really balanced but w/e

I'll sign up for this

We should start a large mafia game to start around the next couple of weeks like we had all those large fun ones in the summer.
I have an idea for a medium to large setup (~18 players) with roles themed around TCoD members. But I'm not sure there's enough interest, and also Mist mentioned wanting to run something similar a few months back and I don't want to steal her thunder if she's still thinking about it.

There's a couple of smaller games open for sign-ups, though, if you look at the top few threads on this board! rari has a hydra game starting in a month or so that still needs a few more players, and Herbe is thinking of running a Hamilton-themed game at some point.

Opposite Day Mafia
  • The goal is to get yeeted!
  • Mafia faction can only heal townsfolk.
  • If all Mafia are yeeted, Town loses.
  • Town win when a certain percentage of townsfolk have been yote (dependant on number of signups).
  • May be third parties too. >:)
If ur interested/would sign up for this, react to this post? :O

dust off, knock on mic. hey guys, long time no see, huh? and as best as I can tell, it's been pretty silent in general lately, besides just me

but y'know, I was thinking that it's July, which is when a bunch of you northerners get an extended break -- and also, it was roughly at that time that we last managed to make a really big game of Mafia spin good. so, I was thinking I might get a little something going this month, using a few ideas I was spontaneously having a couple weeks ago!

still, though, the first step before I dive headlong into something like that is to, one, wake the sleeping giant, and two, run an interest check, which is what this is. I'll need a rough idea of not only whether I'll even have enough interest to make this actually happen, but also of how many players I'd be working with if it did happen. so... who's in the mood to descend into MFia hell once more?

I would theoretically like to but unfortunately I'm going to have guests for most of July, so I don't expect to have time this month!

dust off, knock on mic. hey guys, long time no see, huh? and as best as I can tell, it's been pretty silent in general lately, besides just me

but y'know, I was thinking that it's July, which is when a bunch of you northerners get an extended break -- and also, it was roughly at that time that we last managed to make a really big game of Mafia spin good. so, I was thinking I might get a little something going this month, using a few ideas I was spontaneously having a couple weeks ago!

still, though, the first step before I dive headlong into something like that is to, one, wake the sleeping giant, and two, run an interest check, which is what this is. I'll need a rough idea of not only whether I'll even have enough interest to make this actually happen, but also of how many players I'd be working with if it did happen. so... who's in the mood to descend into MFia hell once more?
me!!!!!!!!!

e: ok i just saw that the thread already exists but i'm going to leave this here so you see how enthusiastic i am.

rnp's to-do list:

• Mafia Choice Mafia 2
    • "Maybe the world wasn't ready for it. But it happened anyways. And it shall happen again."
  • RNP's Mixtape Mafia
    • "The essence of music, the pounding of a beat. It reminds you of something."

rnp's idea list

• light-based mafia (light is not always good etc.)
  • ooctvt mafia sequel?
  • PLA mafia maybe
first list, i'm gonna be the one runnin' them or they won't happen. second list, ask if you wanna run em, nahmsayin

(also mawile cleared me to run MCM2)

Back
Top Bottom