• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Game Queue Something

Zori

nya~
Pronoun
she/her
With the uptick in players comes an uptick in hosting, and that's great.
We should probably have a thread where hosts can queue and tease their games.

We can probably brainstorm some rules regarding this so when an official thread gets made, they can be all put there

good thread idea!

i thought it might be fun to have a lowkey hydra game sometime. it would only work if the mafia subforum stays this active, but yeah. people with more concrete ideas should go first
I agree and was considering hosting one

although it's the only kind of game I would consider playing in so idk

i know m&f is planning to have one sometime soon, she told me probably after mine

i know m&f is planning to have one sometime soon, she told me probably after mine
that's right! I actually have some classic MFia ready to pop, but I've been holding onto it so as to not frontally crash with other folk who are coming out of TV Tropes Mafia with setups in them

that said, I don't necessarily see a problem with two games running at once right now, as long as they're both only about medium-sized; we seem to have a lot of folks playing right now, and it's a sweet spot in which to run gimmickier games that might not grip everyone

for the MFia I prepared a setup for 16~18 players, so a more singular focus would probably be desirable -- but that said, I also have a highly experimental setup lying around that's just for 9 players, so, if there's interest, I could easily get that one online alongside another game

I personally wouldn't have the time or energy to multi-game, but if everyone feels like it's more convenient to get multiple games going at once, that makes sense! edit: Another idea that I've seen is to start the next game when the previous game is very close to ending (i.e. under a certain number of players still alive), not after it ends.

I've also had some ideas for roles with the same mechanic as Double-Take Mafia, where everyone has two lives so a game with fewer players can be longer and less volatile, and maybe could combine the two if there aren't enough players for a larger game.

TinyHunt is a cool setup where all of the roles are known from the start but you can't break the game by claiming, there's a mechanic for dead players to keep participating, and alignment isn't revealed when people die. It is made for 13 people and I don't know if that many players would be interested.
Quoting from the old idea center, I still have my notes and flavor ideas for both of these setups, and would also be down to host something after the current series of games! Is that TV Tropes, Cats, Snom, ACNH, MFia, and possibly a hydra game?

what I'm suggesting is less multi-gaming than "we seem to have at least 25 people even if not all continue from TV Tropes Mafia, you could very very easily run two 11-player games without any overlap with that kind of crowd"

what I'm suggesting is less multi-gaming than "we seem to have at least 25 people even if not all continue from TV Tropes Mafia, you could very very easily run two 11-player games without any overlap with that kind of crowd"

Ahh, that makes sense. I personally wouldn't want to miss out on any games, but that's a me thing, hehe.

I think, though, that the more eager mafia players among our pool might sign up for everything anyway - everyone currently in for ACNH is also involved with Cats Mafia, for example. But if it's not an issue with anyone involved, I think overlapping games with overlapping playerlists would be a good idea!

Last edited:
I'm intrigued about hosting a medium-sized open-rolelist completely flipless game
I'd need to actually design the setup though first :P

oh another thought that occurred to me was a relatively quick/small-scale guns and hookers game. would anyone be interested in that

oh another thought that occurred to me was a relatively quick/small-scale guns and hookers game. would anyone be interested in that
Could you link/explain the setup because I don't really want that in my search history
being 14 years old and all

Could you link/explain the setup because I don't really want that in my search history
being 14 years old and all
lmfao sure. the setup i usually play it in is 7 players:
  • 3 vt
  • 1 cop
  • 1 gunsmith (gives a player of their choice a gun each night, the gun may be fired during the day and has a 50% chance of revealing the shooter)
  • 1 vanilla scum
  • 1 hooker (mafia roleblocker)
there are variations of this setup with more players, including one with a hitman (mafia that starts with a gun that always reveals the shooter) and that can be a lot of fun but i’d probably run the 7p game first to see how people feel about it. the games tend to run pretty quick considering all the guns and whatnot

I'm intrigued about hosting a medium-sized open-rolelist completely flipless game
I'd need to actually design the setup though first :P
fwiw this is what I was thinking: (disclaimer: I have no idea how to balance town power in flipless setups)

Parity Cop - Checks someone each night. Receives whether they are the same or different alignment as their previous target.
Parity Cop
Jailkeeper
- Heals and Roleblocks their target.
Vigilante

Vanilla Townie x7 - The fourth Vanilla Townie to die gets to shoot someone immediately upon death.

Poisoner
Lover Rolecop - Receives their target's role. Dies instantly if the Framer dies.
Lover Framer - Makes their target appear as Mafia to the Parity Cop. Dies instantly if the Rolecop dies.

Vengeful Backup - Can take the ability of a dead Mafia member at any time. Gets to shoot someone immediately when they die.

Hmm this sounds interesting. I'd be willing to participate in this setup.

Ahh, that makes sense. I personally wouldn't want to miss out on any games, but that's a me thing, hehe.

I think, though, that the more eager mafia players among our pool might sign up for everything anyway - everyone currently in for ACNH is also involved with Cats Mafia, for example.
's why I also suppose it's a great time to run more niche games; if not everyone's interested in one or the other, then that naturally selects an audience!

running just one game at a time, otoh, I worry that not every game is going to be big enough for everyone, and some people might end up sitting out; I dunno if such a thing is happenning in practice, but

(that said, I'm not going to sit there invalidating folks who would like to join every game, ahah)

I actually had a Tarot Mafia all prepared with roles for each of the Major Arcana, and was waiting until TV Tropes Mafia started to wind down, but then Cats Mafia got posted, and then Snom Mafia and ACNH Mafia... I guess I'll just put that on hold for now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom