• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

tbh i don't really have a whole lot of Thoughts other than being at least somewhat confused by both zori and ultracool
although i think to be fair this isn't the first game where people just go "mawile has posted a lot and yet i'm no thoughts head empty about him"

tbh i don't really have a whole lot of Thoughts other than being at least somewhat confused by both zori and ultracool
although i think to be fair this isn't the first game where people just go "mawile has posted a lot and yet i'm no thoughts head empty about him"
you know if i had any foresight i would do the Thing, like where i leave breadcrumbs as a rolesoft for future me to rely on and be able to point to if i need it (like everyone else seems to do)

maybe later, if i can think of a clever enough way to do it that isn't just capital letter spellings, everyone does that

The Thing
The Thing is the gladiator-y thing that showed up in a couple (a few?) of past MFias, right?
Wait a meowment, what kind of Thing™️ are you talking about? Meowbe it's just because I haven't been in a MFia yet, but it sounds like someowthing that would either be a cool thing for meownaligned players or something that'd meowjorly help the Mafia...
Should we maybe try to prevent It™️ from happening?

The Thing
The Thing is the gladiator-y thing that showed up in a couple (a few?) of past MFias, right?
Wait a meowment, what kind of Thing™️ are you talking about? Meowbe it's just because I haven't been in a MFia yet, but it sounds like someowthing that would either be a cool thing for meownaligned players or something that'd meowjorly help the Mafia...
Should we maybe try to prevent It™️ from happening?
this is an example of the gladiator-y thing

aaaaaaa 18 pages of reading at 1am. the majority of it has gone through my eyes and out my ears. let's try and see which of the notable things I witnessed I remember:
the zori claim feels weird. why would you claim vig d1? smells like some kind of gambit
something happened with UC but I don't remember what. just being their usual self? idk
the tracker/vm/Third Involved Player dealio. tracker saw TIP visit vm, vm reveals he redirected to himself. this interaction feels... legit? it rings as correct role interaction. However, as someone else pointed out, neither 'role' is necessarily alignment-indicative, and some text in one of my abilities has... interesting implications, though possibly not relevant right now. also, was TIP not informed of they were swapped?
aaand that's all I got. pretty sure I missed a lot more in there.

Time for Reads:
Nanu (me)
Me

Alolan Persian (asset to town)
rari
bm

Alolan Meowth (helpful/believable claim)
RNP
Mr UM
Blu
Mawile
Tofu
Jack

Pikachu (neutral/pls post more)
Herbe
Kokoriko
VM
Stryke
Negrek
Hydreigon
ZM
Myuma

Mimikyu (scummy/antitown)
Zori

Negrek do you think if we abstain we could get better results tomorrow since people have claimed/town's actions wouldn't be as random? Do you think the benefits of that outweigh the possibility of giving mafia a (more informed) chance of killing?

RNP you said some people were playing similarly to when you were yeeted over a red check. Did you mean someone in particular or in general?

[rari_teh/bruh moment] - Wooloo
[RedneckPhoenix/Mr. Ultracool]

[Ysabel]
[Vipera Magnifica/JackPK] - Weh

[Tofu]
[Mawile/Herbe/Zero Moment/ミ☆ ᴍyᴜᴍᴀ/Stryke/Negrek/Hydreigon25] - Noot
[Bluwiikoon/kokorico]

I'm not feeling super compelled by a lynch on either Zori or Mr. Ultracool at the moment, but I'm not feeling super compelled to lynch at all--with no deaths the first night, we essentially have another "free night" for inforoles with a decreased information disparity between Town and Mafia. In this scenario I think the downside of mislynching is higher than usual, since the worst case with no lynch is simply "another N0 but Town gets a second swing at all inforoles," compared to the worst case with a mislynch being "another N0 but Town gets a second swing at all inforoles, excluding the one we jettisoned." If absolutely forced to choose, I feel worse about Zori than Mr. Ultracool at the moment.

Anyway, I'll claim because I don't have a problem with people knowing, and it sounds like I wouldn't be a prime target atm:

I think mine like a one-shot ability duplicator: with my photography skills, I can choose a person to copy their action. Then, the next night or day phase (it said night or day? Are there day actions?), I will use that action. It could be useful if I know for sure who I am copying, but could also just fail if people fake roleclaim, so I'm a bit hesitant about it (especially now early game). Like I said, it's only a one-shot as well.

Just for reference in case people missed my other post: when I die, I can give two badges to someone of my choosing.
Hmm, so if I understand this right, you'd first use your ability in the night, targeting a person, and then MF would send you a PM saying what the ability you obtained was? Or are you not informed of what ability you get and just automatically use it at the next opportunity? Do you get to pick the target for your copied ability, or is it random, or perhaps aimed at the same player as the ability was originally aimed at?

If you're told the ability you got, even before you use it, this still seems quite powerful for its ability to confirm a claim... and obviously if you copied something useful, it could be quite powerful to get a second instance of it for a night.

The PM said I can target someone during the night phase, and then whatever I copied happens automatically during that same night or the next day phase depending on what action I copied. I get a PM telling me whether it worked (not telling me what the ability is, though) and then I can reply to the PM and target someone with the action. I can only copy an action if the person I initially targeted USED their action that same night; I can't just copy anyone's ability whenever I want. It also sounded like the PM implied there could be day actions that are started by a player during the previous night phase too, but I have no idea what those could be (I've been kind of keeping an eye on role claims to see if anyone has anything that sounds like that. I'm not sure which roles could be activated the previous night and THEN happen the next day phase, but looking at the phrasing, it sounds like there are some? Any ideas? I might be reading it wrong.)

My ability will fail if the person I target doesn't do an action, so I can just waste it if I pick someone who didn't do anything. It also doesn't tell me what the action is, just whether the person used an action! So honestly someone could lie about their ability and I would just double-use it, which could be bad. So at the moment I'm really hesitant about it. (kind of why I wanted people to role claim early, so I could like, shop, but I get that's more self-serving and not in the interest of The Greater Good lol)

It's only one use and doesn't cost me any badges. Neither of my abilities cost badges, and my Vivillon's "move" is to give my two bug badges after I die, so it isn't really an ability. A few people mentioned that abilities all have a badge cost, but mine doesn't. However... It seems pretty fragile and is only one-use, so I guess making it free kind of makes sense to me.

It's only one use and doesn't cost me any badges. Neither of my abilities cost badges, and my Vivillon's "move" is to give my two bug badges after I die, so it isn't really an ability. A few people mentioned that abilities all have a badge cost, but mine doesn't. However... It seems pretty fragile and is only one-use, so I guess making it free kind of makes sense to me.

Didn't mean to imply I had two abilities btw; I meant that my other Role Thing I Can Do is distribute badges when I die. I only have one "action" ability which is the copy thing

Back
Top Bottom