• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

“stop acting out due to the events of last game and solve for this one” is a valid sentiment, but voting hydreigon for this is also just reacting to the dumb grudge rather than solving for this game. punishing annoying behavior with a vote ain’t it and it’s a stretch to actually describe this as wolfy imo. would recommend voting elsewhere, hydrei is not a good yeet
-q
my incentive for voting is to hear literally any other thoughts from them, i fully plan on removing the vote if they can provide any other input on the game

usually i don't like to pressure vote but i greatly dislike the lack of any other input from them. also to clarify, i still think Zori is more likely mafia than not, especially with the more mafia-leaning restrictive passive. it would be easier for mafia to coordinate not targeting Zori and allowing her to use her action than it would be for her to go "ok don't target me anybody" in thread and hope that mafia doesn't sabotage her

unvote Zori

Couplea questions - is this infinite-use or one-shot (or one-successful-shot)? And can you target people who already died (i.e. if Zori gets yeeted today can you proceed to target her tonight)?

Infinite use, and yeah, I think my role PM I can target members who were yeeted the previous day, otherwise I'm not sure how my ability would work. I also believe there isn't a character limit, but that is something I'm less sure of, so I'll have to check. I'll get back to you on this.

Zori's description of their power strikes me as very similar to RNP's description of their power, so I'm a little confused by the fact that people appear to be scumreading Zori so much harder for it. What's up with that? In either case you have a detrimental passive and then a badge-only active, beneficial effect. It's not impossible that they're different alignments and designed to mirror each other, and obviously if RNP is telling the truth his ability would be useless for mafia whereas Zori's would be good for either faction, but I'm a little lost on why Zori's is apparently so much more inherently suspicious.

I don't think yeeting hydreigon is necessarily a good idea, regardless of how they flip we aren't going to get as much information as we would out of a zori flip

particularly, if zori is maf, rari would be pretty much confirmed town and some people (i.e. negrek) would not look quite as good

if zori/ultracool are w/w we've been waiting for a third wagon to arise and i think this is it

fine i'll flip back to Zori but I still want thoughts from Hydrei
it also doesn't make sense for Zori to claim badge vigilante very quickly if she doesn't want anyone to target her, surely a town doctor or other kind of protector would want to help her out and prevent her from dying

it also doesn't make sense for Zori to claim badge vigilante very quickly if she doesn't want anyone to target her, surely a town doctor or other kind of protector would want to help her out and prevent her from dying
also the thing with RNP's passive is that it doesn't require any kind of coordination to be effective and its only purpose is to be confusing for everyone who targets him. basically a miller but powered up, and would be frustrating to the mafia to have one of their own constantly passively blabbering to everyone that he's mafia
Zori's, on the other hand, is better used in the hands of the mafia. since she can't badge vig if anyone targets her, she can be actively sabotaged by the mafia and unintentionally sabotaged by the town members trying to help her. if she were mafia with this restriction, then she could guarantee that the mafia won't use any abilities on her, which gives her a higher chance of having her kill go through

fwiw I didn't care about getting visited tonight, because I wouldn't have any badges
I was planning on claiming on D2 that my drawback was that I couldn't be visited by anyone other than attackers to get all the town roles off of me

let me put it another way

zori seems more likely than not to be mafia (see rari's post #317 for a list of reasons). several people have voiced their opinions on zori, and this information will become useful once we know zori's alignment. if we double down on zori now we can actually get some useful info for town and more likely than not reduce the mafia's numbers

if we just yeet hydreigon for the way they are acting (which is pretty much in line with how they've always been acting), we get little useful information out of it. they are a better target for inspection than zori, because if zori were town the mere act of visiting them interferes with their action (which i still believe makes more sense as a mafia-aligned kill power). if there is a cop role, which surely there still is at this point, they should inspect hydreigon tonight and claim tomorrow only in the case of a redcheck

currently backreading, I'll catch up in a bit

presumably because i'm going on a journey to beat 8 gyms and seeing how the other gym leaders act in day-to-day life? i dunno

on death i provide 3 badges, split however i feel like it. i told mf that unless i specifically say otherwise they all go to stryke

^ oh really, why does stryke receive all 3 ?

Because we're besties next question

Hi I'm back again! not much relief from the stifling I'm afraid, but we're getting thunderstorms tonight so hopefully there will be cooler air tomorrow-!

As promised, I've reread Zori and VM since yesterday.

With fresh eyes, I think Zori's behaviour yesterday was less blatant than it seemed at the time. I think possibly I was misled by the fact that everyone started talking about it immediately, but in context it wasn't really as much of an obvious I Am Scum as i was thinking. so I reckon I'm comfortable voting Zori, especially since there don't seem to be any viable counterwagons forming to Mr Ultracool, who I still think is pinging more town than scum.

VM, I'm honestly pretty impressed by. regarding his role, the mechanics seem to work out in his favour - if it's untrue then ultracool must be lying, which as I've said I think is unlikely. while that's NAI in itself, the fact that he was willing to explain what happened instead of leaving us to flounder counts in his favour (unless w/w with Blu?). also, I'm a fan of the way he's been keeping the discussion on topic instead of straying off onto dead ends like hydreigon (on whom more below), and presenting takes that don't really jive with other people's (e.g. poking holes in Mr UC's plan).

Regarding the business with Tofu's role PM... it seems a bit 🤔 that she only clarified the suspicious parts of her claim when Blu suggested what she might have meant by them, and then used the exact suggestion that he made. that could be just her having difficulty articulating it and him managing to figure it out... but it could also not. so, something to keep an eye on.

For what it's worth, my role PM has the same format as pretty much everyone else has been saying. My actions are named after real Pokémon moves/abilities (though it sounds like some's aren't?), and I give out a number of Zephyr Badges when I die, which is separate from those actions. (Should we be claiming our number of distributed badges, by the way? There was some talk about it earlier, but I don't remember there being a conclusion?)

Finally, I don't think yeeting Hydreigon is the way to go either. Being irritating is not a scumtell, and VM's quite correct that their flip provides us with virtually no information. This is exactly the mindset that led y'all to yeet RNP instead of a redchecked Mampers in TVT. don't give into the dark side, people! (I also don't think that trying to pressure them for info by voting for them is likely be fruitful, but no harm in trying I guess.)

Here's my very preliminary, only loosely ordered tierlist. I haven't talked about everyone yet and I don't think there's time to, but lmk if you have specific questions. Due note that I won't be around for EoD, and also that I may suddenly vanish at any moment due to thunderstorm-induced powercut.
bird jesus
kokorico

flying high
RNP
rari
Jack
Herbe

feathered friends
Ultracool
skytini
VM

altitude undecided
Mawile
Ysabel

roosting for now
Bluwiikoon
Tofu

grounded
zori

*confused chicken noises*
Hydreigon

poast moar
Negrek
Stryke
Zero Moment
myuma

three hours to EoD!

running votes:
-Zori (8): rari_teh (#96), Vipera Magnifica (#352), Ysabel (#444), Mr. Ultracool (#613), Tofu (#614), Bluwiikoon (#637), Mawile (#667), kokorico (#674)
-Abstain (2): Hydreigon25 (#543), Negrek (#654)
-Mr. Ultracool (1): JackPK (#348)
-Bluwiikoon (1): Zori (#637)
-Hydreigon25 (1): RedneckPhoenix (#644)

35wpN8Q.png

is there even a point in me voting anything right now. it's not like zori's not gonna get yeeted.

Ok ok here I am

Uhhh quick thoughts because I'm at work: personally I haven't found anything particularly suspicious about Ultracool, he seems pretty happy and jovial and I'm just kinda pocketed by his attitude. I'm still sad that he wanted to immediately off me but eh, maybe he just wanted to be helpful. As for hydre, I agree he's being pretty difficult right now, but I feel like it'd be better to off someone because of actual evidence (like raris longpost against zori) rather than because someone is being ornery. But that still doesn't mean that that kinda stuff should continue; hydre, if you keep trying to push rnp as scum because of your vendetta, eventually we're probably gonna get sick of it and it'll be curtains for you. But anyways, yeah, zori

Anyway, for my role... Well, I have no fucking clue. Both my badge powers are locked and I won't know anything about them till I'm killed. Mystery! Intrigue! Interestingly though, my power names aren't from moves... They're from quotes that I believe Marlon has said before. Not sure how significant that is though.

Back
Top Bottom