• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

Ugh. I've been rereading on kokorico and not finding much, honestly? And Ultracool is only looking worse to me as time goes on. rari being insistent he's Town is the only thing keeping me from immediately voting him, and... I'm still leaning that way, tbh. Obviously I've managed to vote wrong 100% of the game and spent a considerable amount of time arguing myself out of a Tofu lynch yesterday, but. Wishing there was some way to resolve Koko/Blu/Jack without lynching one of them, but nothing is immediately coming to mind, here.

there's still 90 minutes left for Day, right?
my main action is Iron Defense, which is a bodyguarding ability. I'm protected from one kill at night, instead of retaliating against a killer, and I can keep guarding after that defense is gone. The reason I've been focused on Herbe is that I was supposed to be protecting him N1. That's why I initially suspected he tried to recruit a Mafia member. After Negrek claimed the kill, I was suspicious that I had been redirected or Witched, though now that I've taken a step back it's possible I was just blocked instead.
We've got an hour left now. Also, you're saying you're bulletproof, and you also have a free action that allows you to bodyguard someone?

I am boggling because you, specifically, getting blocked or redirected strikes me as really strange. Double-checked my kill power and all it says is "target player dies," which definitely doesn't indicate to me that it would get around any protections.

Yeah, I'm going to put it at Mr. Ultracool for now, for all that I'm not feeling super confident. If he flips 3p we don't learn much, but if he's Mafia that looks bad for both rari and Blu, I think?

I guess rari's take on Koko's scumbuddy will die tonight, and their flip may give us some info about alignments. I am still not sure who this is going to be, besides maybe Jack???

there's still 90 minutes left for Day, right?
my main action is Iron Defense, which is a bodyguarding ability. I'm protected from one kill at night, instead of retaliating against a killer, and I can keep guarding after that defense is gone. The reason I've been focused on Herbe is that I was supposed to be protecting him N1. That's why I initially suspected he tried to recruit a Mafia member. After Negrek claimed the kill, I was suspicious that I had been redirected or Witched, though now that I've taken a step back it's possible I was just blocked instead.
We've got an hour left now. Also, you're saying you're bulletproof, and you also have a free action that allows you to bodyguard someone?

I am boggling because you, specifically, getting blocked or redirected strikes me as really strange. Double-checked my kill power and all it says is "target player dies," which definitely doesn't indicate to me that it would get around any protections.
It's the action that protects me, but yes. That's why I asked you, to see if you had bypassed me, or if I was the one messed with.

Town specifically.
Okay, that's nice and specific.

Ugggh. ok. really sorry for dropping the ball on this, have just not really been feeling mafia today.

So I guess my choice is between ZM and Mr Ultracool, then? if I don't want to be yeeted. hhhh. ok.

right, so, the way I'm looking at it, we have two claimed healers (ysa and zm), and not a lot to distinguish them beyond the different mechanics of their claims. @Zero Moment , @Ysabel , is there anything either of you would be willing to share about your other previous targets, beyond zm having targeted herbe on n1?

as for ultracool, hmm. i think i've mentioned this already but my thought on the matter is that his n1 fiasco was very within his towngame... but the failure to do anything on n2 is a reason to side-eye. i think in isolation i would prefer to go for zm, but let's see if anything comes up from my night action question.

The reason I've been focused on Herbe is that I was supposed to be protecting him N1. That's why I initially suspected he tried to recruit a Mafia member.
why protect Herbe on N1 though, we learned D1 that he was 3p
At the time I had taken him at face value that he was just a Neighborizer, even if 3p. It seemed like something that could be useful to town, and it didn't occur to me until after that he could be one of the more sinister variants.

at face value that he was just a Neighborizer
so did you miss the part where neighborizing takes 3 badges and that he wouldn't have been able to use it since nobody died n0, and Tofu wouldn't have likely given him any badges since she was mafia

I'm selfaligned and have a limited neighbourizing power but it costs 3 badges so I doubt it'll see the light of day.

at face value that he was just a Neighborizer
so did you miss the part where neighborizing takes 3 badges and that he wouldn't have been able to use it since nobody died n0, and Tofu wouldn't have likely given him any badges since she was mafia

I'm selfaligned and have a limited neighbourizing power but it costs 3 badges so I doubt it'll see the light of day.
No? Tofu getting lynched hadn't even happened yet, either. I had actually sent in my action to guard Jack prior that night, but going back through the thread I saw that VM had been planning to visit him that night, so I targeted the next person that seemed to have a decent claim, iirc. (and MF reacted to the second one, so it wasn't a case of a missed action)

so I targeted the next person that seemed to have a decent claim, iirc.
why not the watcher lmao
for reference, Ultracool claimed watcher in #119 and "some way of getting alignments" in #306, and either of these claims by themselves seem more worthy of a protect than a badge-requiring neighborizer. on top of that, he already proved he's a watcher with the Blu/VM/UC exchange about who targeted who

it's not like he was super quiet about being a watcher either, he like constantly mentioned it on the same day that Herbe mentioned being a neighborizer

so I targeted the next person that seemed to have a decent claim, iirc.
why not the watcher lmao
I thought about it and reasoned that watcher is a low priority target for mafia.

is there anything either of you would be willing to share about your other previous targets, beyond zm having targeted herbe on n1?
targeted bruh n0 and stryke last night—if you want my reasoning for the latter, I didn't want the mafia activating him

You're assuming that the Mafia didn't target me-owth of fear that I'd find them, it seems. Personally, I'd hope they'll kill an inforole like meowself sooner rather than later. Also, I can actually get Alignmeownts after all, but in a weird way...
no shit, I straight up missed this post.
Also, UC still has not shown up to defend himself in the slightest.

Also, if I die tonight, what I said in my will about my N2 action is inaccurate; I had to write it before EoD1 but ended up changing my mind about my target. I used the same ability, just not on either of the two players I said I was considering in the will.

Wanted to clarify because it would make last night's events even weirder if I'd chosen one of my original targets, and I don't want to cause confusion.

Back
Top Bottom