• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

imagine having a hard time reading Tone in people's posts and being forced to go off of mechanical stuff. couldnt be me
btw @ mafia thx for killing off most of the most talky people so now i have to actually help to carry the conversation >:(

I have no idea what caused 4 kill attempts. Maybe someone's badge power caused it? We don't know what Stryke's role actually is. He may be a serial killer or something. Remember he got the badges from RNP.

Anyway. by now it's probably 3 mafias maybe 4 townies and one other 3p. And I hope rari shot Stryke. I really don't feel good about whatever his role is. And I think with so many killings going on I def trust ZM's claim. So imo maybe the last mafia's are a combination of Koko/Stryke/MrUC /Blu. And Koko has definitely not been in eir town game. As I see it, if e were town, e would engage more. We have no clue of what Stryke's role actually is, and if he's mafia or a killer 3p I'm afraid town is in a bad position. Mr UC hasn't been helping much at all and has holes in his reasoning. And Blu seems to have disappeared. Of those four, I feel more confident about Koko being mafia. So let's start the ball rolling.

Koko

Sorry for being so quiet, I've been dealing with some brain stuff and I've taken a step back from a lot of things ^^; I promise I'm trying my best, though!

I can confirm that Myuma gave me the ability to write a will, so that's pretty neat! 😄 And... it looks like mafia didn't take my bait with my badge power just yet. :( Hmmm

Jesus christ the number of kills though 😰

I'm still hesitant about ever considering Stryke for a yeet due to his mystery powers tbh, it's all a bit too spooky for me. 😰

right, right, there's mafia happening. i'm here i swear. time for some speed logic.

first off: if, as we suspect, there are 3 living mafia and they win at parity, then today is MyLo (with some variability depending on whether rari got to send off another vigkill and if so who she targeted; whether or not ysabel's bulletproof vest is on the right person; etc). so let's keep calm and be absolutely sure we've got this right.

---

regarding the nightkills, this is how I'm thinking: rari said her delayed vig from N2 was on someone she thought was my scumbuddy, which realistically probably means she offed Jack. she herself, as the vig, was the obvious target for the mafia. so really all that needs explaining is Negrek's death; Ysabel's supposed vanishing heal; and the mystery expenditure of ZM's supposed protection on mawile.

the N2 kills also still aren't fully explained. either VM or skytini were plausible mafia kills (VM possibly via his pseudo-bodyguard ability), but Negrek had already used her shot and rari had been roleblocked on N1, so we don't have any other indication of where the other kill came from, or how RNP died. that makes a total of 3-4 unexplained kills (depending on whether or not ZM is lying) over the course of the game, which is an insane number.

nobody so far has claimed any role that would cause anything like that, which says to me that the person(s) responsible is/are mafia-aligned, or conceivably 3p. just straight up giving the mafia a second nightkill seems absurd given the apparent lack of town power (more on that in a sec), so if it's the mafia then it would make sense for the extra kill to be a badge power - certainly plausible, given how many dead people's badges have failed to show up in the hands of town.

so here is my spicy take, as requested: rari's badge action reportedly allowed her to allow any delayed-effect action, not just her own, which implies the existence of other delayed-effect actions. what if one of the mafia had a delayed-effect kill as their badge power? they could have shot one of the N2 deaths on N1 (probably VM, as he had already claimed at that point) and either Jack or Negrek on N2 (probably Negrek, for the same reason).

that would explain everything but the third N2 death and ZM's shell getting broken.

---

regarding Ysabel & ZM: right now, neither one of their claims seems cast-iron. Ysabel's relies on her having been blocked last night, when there would be no good reason for Negrek to block her and we have no other evidence that a mafia roleblocker exists. meanwhile, ZM's claim of 1-shot bulletproof + bodyguard + redirect-proof badge-powered vig fails to match the pattern we've been seeing of one free action and one badge action, and i don't see (and nobody else has advanced) any explanation for what he claims happened to him last Night. so my vote is going to Zero Moment, unless someone else advances an alternative preference.

---

another bit of speculation: i'm quite surprised at the lack of town inforoles - literally all that's been claimed is Mr Ultracool; Negrek's one-shot inspection; and myuma's 3-badge necro-rolecop. the only dead townie whose role we don't know is skytini, and I just read through her ISO without spotting anything that looked remotely like a result or soft. so i'm wondering if we might still have a living inforole with some results, and considering that it's probably MyLo, now would be an awfully good time for them to claim if they exist. would y'all agree?

Koko have you ever mentioned what your powers are? 😲 We're on, what is it, day 4? So I agree that any detectives we have should definitely share any results they have by now, if their targets are still living.

Should we all roleclaim in general? My cantrip is protective as I've mentioned before, but just going by how many folks are getting killed, maybe we need all this protection? 😰 It could be a way of balancing the game against some really strong wolf powers

my role can be described as Definitely Not An Inforole lmao
Hum. Mine isn't an inforole either, fwiw. Which leaves exactly nobody. :/

Maybe skytini was a cop or similar to a cop? Much sadness if so.

I'm quite surprised, actually, Blu; I thought you were softing cop pretty hard for the first few Days (and disbelieved it, but that's beside the point). Lemme see if I can dig up some quotes.

Koko have you ever mentioned what your powers are?
I believe I've mentioned that my free action is totally 100% useless, which remains the case. Not sure what, if anything, I should claim about my badge action... lemme think about it for a bit and get back to you.

Yeah, I thought Blu was cop, too. Blu, at this point it won't do us any good to hide info. This day is crucial since if we don't lynch correctly we may lose.

Koko, the only thing I've seen you hint at is terrorist and alien, but alien doesn't make sense at all. If you'd been activated, you would have been happy at being lynched, and if you hadn't been activated then mafia would have been happy to mislynch you. Which hasn't happened. And I think it's weird that you're trying to lynch a potential protective role. Especially over someone you've been suspicious of for a couple of days now if I'm correct?

Also, if rari's power was delaying actions, maybe my heal on her was delayed as well, or she died from killing two townies. Isn't that a usual drawback for vigs?

Town: don't listen to em. Jack may have given em Stryke's badges if Stryke is telling the truth which means e potentially can activate eir badgepower tomorrow which e can use if e is a terrorist or whatever e truly is....

I believe I've mentioned that my free action is totally 100% useless, which remains the case. Not sure what, if anything, I should claim about my badge action... lemme think about it for a bit and get back to you.
lmao. "Give me time to come up with a plausible fakeclaim" much? After you were willing to mislynch ZM only based on the time it took for him to claim? Nope. Clearly if you were town you would just be straightforward with us. My vote on you stays where it is.

Hmmm kokorico isn't looking so good here :(

I'm very sorry for the confusion! ^^; My free action is Heal Pulse, but I'm unable to use that and my badge action at the same time.

When I softed on D2, I though what could have happened on N0 is that VM absorbed my heal and so a mafia kill didn't happen. But, what I overlooked is that if VM was also targeted by a kill, surely Mr UC would have Saw it? So, I'm thinking that maybe all kills are delayed (like rari's vigs), or Mr UC maybe wasn't honest.

if it's useless, you should be able to claim it, right? because if it's useless, then presumably you haven't used it, so it shouldn't matter if you claim it?
i mean, i can, but it's not going to help much. when i say "useless", i literally mean "no-op". it's Roost, i literally spend the night ~chillaxing~ and doing nothing at all. i haven't bothered using it. i assume it's there to make the format the same for everyone, since my badge action is (I realised yesterDay) considerably more powerful than most of the other things people have claimed.

Back
Top Bottom