• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

You ever just watching a movie and then you look at the clock like OH SHIT OH FUCK and then you come in and there's an extension oh lort my heart

Okay, let's try looking at this from a different perspective. Blu, who do you claim to have healed on each Night so far?
Hi hi! 😄 N0 I healed you but got redirected to VM, N1 I healed rari, N2 I healed VM but got blocked I think, and N3 I activated my wolf bait ability (where if they killed me on that night, the thread would be notified of their wolfyness)

ZM's claim of 1-shot bulletproof + bodyguard + redirect-proof badge-powered vig fails to match the pattern we've been seeing of one free action and one badge action,
You know it's just two moves, right? Iron Defense is my free and Magnet Bomb is my badge.

Anyway, while I think we do have way more protective claims than usual, there's no way that we're all fakeclaiming. So I'm thinking that maybe it's because we straight up have a high number of killing roles, either through main or badge abilities. Cause looking at it so far, there's been the mafia, the 3p vig, the town poisoner, the JOAT, and myself. I wouldn't be surprised if there was one or two more badge kills scattered about the role list.

if it's useless, you should be able to claim it, right? because if it's useless, then presumably you haven't used it, so it shouldn't matter if you claim it?
i mean, i can, but it's not going to help much. when i say "useless", i literally mean "no-op". it's Roost, i literally spend the night ~chillaxing~ and doing nothing at all. i haven't bothered using it. i assume it's there to make the format the same for everyone, since my badge action is (I realised yesterDay) considerably more powerful than most of the other things people have claimed.
tbh this is like
suspiciously useless? like, not only is the action itself really useless on a surface level, but you also haven't bothered to use your only action for the past, what, 5 nights to see if maybe it actually does something?

You know it's just two moves, right? Iron Defense is my free and Magnet Bomb is my badge.
Yeah, you said, but it seems odd to me - not impossible, but odd - that Iron Defense gives you two different unrelated things (or only tangentially related, at any rate). Though it's also occurred to me since last night that this would be a bizarre choice of moves for a fakeclaim - it makes sense if your Pokémon is Magnemite or something, but if you were inventing a fakeclaim completely from scratch I would have thought you would just pick a couple of Electric-type moves and be done with it. Coupled with the fact that Blu's claim overlaps a lot more with Ysabel's than yours does (what's the rationale behind a full doctor and a non-consecutive night doctor, neither with any other quirks, on the same team!?) you're certainly not as far down my list as you were yesterday. Unvoting for now.

Anyway, while I think we do have way more protective claims than usual, there's no way that we're all fakeclaiming. So I'm thinking that maybe it's because we straight up have a high number of killing roles, either through main or badge abilities. Cause looking at it so far, there's been the mafia, the 3p vig, the town poisoner, the JOAT, and myself. I wouldn't be surprised if there was one or two more badge kills scattered about the role list.

I don't believe everyone claiming a protective role is faking it either, but the notion that none of you are faking it seems even more ridiculous. I think it would be foolish not to try to pick apart the claims.

Would you mind recapping why you think a 3p vig/serial killer is responsible for some of the extra kills? I vaguely recall you mentioning the theory before but I can't find the post.

Chart of claimed night actions from our protective roles so far, since I was getting confused even with a spreadsheet and it's handier to have them all in one place.

Nothing's really jumping out at me, except that if healer clash is a mechanic, I think the only way it could have taken effect is if either Ysabel or Blu is a mafia doctor who caused a clash on VM or rari respectively.

YsabelBluwiikoonZero MomentVipera MagnificaNegrek
N0Heal rariHeal kokorico (redirected to VM)Bodyguard skytiniRedirect actions on kokoricoGreencheck on Mawile
N1must rechargeHeal rariBodyguard Herbe; Herbe died anyway[unsure - did he ever reveal this?]Shoot Herbe
N2Bulletproofise someone; this person is still aliveHeal VM; VM died anywayBodyguard Stryke ("didn't want the mafia to activate him")Died; action unknownHealed somebody, but not VM or Mr Ultracool
N3Heal rari; rari died anywayUsed his wolf-bait powerBodyguard Mawile; bulletproof popped(dead)Roleblocked someone and died

Can you imagine if the last mafia are like Myuma Mr UC and Stryke and they're just laughing at us making fools of ourselves (not really since Myuma is confirmed at this point, but it would be funny)

I agree it's weird that there seems to be three healy protective roles. But MF did say there would be elements of bastardry so who knows? Besides, like I said, you're the person I feel surest about not being town, so.

Would you mind recapping why you think a 3p vig/serial killer is responsible for some of the extra kills? I vaguely recall you mentioning the theory before but I can't find the post.
I was talking about Zori, who was 3p vig, but the other speculation was from the d1 kills, which we know now were from Neg and rari

Power 1 is called Team Plasma's Not Botherin' Me, and Power 2 is Not Goin Around Decidin' They're Bad
Lmao what?

it is also weird to me that the second time that ysa and blu healed rari and VM respectively, their targets died
Which proves that something shifty is going on... Look, if you want to vote for either of us go ahead. But I'm not letting Koko off the hook again. If I have to convince everyone of my towniness, then all I can say is that I wouldn't kill someone who was so sure of me, but I would kill someone who was making a case on me, or a confirmed towny.

tinfoil hat theory: the only way the mafia can kill people is through healing the same person multiple times like on nights 2 and 3 with VM and rari respectively
would explain why we didn't get a kill n0 lmao

Back
Top Bottom