• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

I definitely would have had big trouble if Ysabel didn't Quash the ZM yeet! ^^ So many things could have happened so differently!
fwiw zm surviving the lynch was the only reason i didn’t set kokorico as my last kill, so. in the end i don’t think much would play out differently lol
props to bruh for being a pair of absolute town queens and to blu for being tonally identical to his town self
i absolutely sucked this game lol. should be glad that i managed to take a mafioso down.
thanks for hosting mf!

game design: 100% amazing, mf was a great gm

that said, watching this game from deadchat was like being slowly exsanguinated
i fully agree

good game everyone!! still can't believe i fell for ysabel's fake terrorist thing though lmao
Oh, big mood. I realised about five minutes after EoD that what I should have done was ask you to attempt to vote for Blu as well, so that there would be at least a 50% chance of yeeting someone other than me, regardless of whether or not Ysabel was faking. But hindsight is 20/20.

It seems I also drastically underestimated the level of shenanigans present in MFia. Would never have guessed the mafia nightkills were all the result of arsonists. :/

Great game, at any rate, and very well played to Blu and Ysabel! And thanks a lot for hosting, Mampers! 😄

bringing the logs!

Vipera Magnifica (Juan) uses Attract on kokorico (Falkner).
(actions that target kokorico tonight will target Vipera Magnifica instead.)

Ysabel (Nanu) uses Detect.
(mafia-aligned players will not die as a result of night actions tonight. Detect cannot be used on N1.)

Bluwiikoon (Bede) uses Fake Tears on kokorico (Falkner), but is redirected to Vipera Magnifica (Juan).
(Vipera Magnifica is primed, and will die when Expanding Force or Discharge activate.)

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) uses Metal Sound on bruh moment (Tate & Liza).
(bruh moment is primed, and will die when Expanding Force or Discharge activate.)

rari_teh (Valerie) uses Fae Trick on Hydreigon25 (Volkner).
(Hydreigon25 will be vigged at the end of N1.)
(additionally, Hydreigon25's power passively blocks rari_teh from activating powers until the end of N1.)

Negrek (Sabrina) uses Miracle Eye on Mawile (Allister).
(Negrek discovers that Mawile is town.)

Mr. Ultracool (Meowth) uses Where Did It Go on Vipera Magnifica (Juan).
(Mr. Ultracool watches Vipera Magnifica, and discovers that he was targeted by Bluwiikoon.)

JackPK (Brycen) uses Full Metal Scanner on rari_teh (Valerie) and Zori (Jasmine).
(rari_teh's 0 badges and Zori's 0 badges are swapped. JackPK discovers that 0 badges total changed hands as a result.)

Zori (Jasmine) is lynched.

Zori (Jasmine) loses.
(Zori was targeted by a night action during N0, and died with an even number of badges (zero).

Vipera Magnifica (Juan) uses Attract on Bluwiikoon (Bede).
(actions that target Bluwiikoon tonight will target Vipera Magnifica instead.)

Bluwiikoon (Bede) uses Fake Tears on RedneckPhoenix (Cheren).
(RedneckPhoenix is primed, and will die when Expanding Force or Discharge activate.)
(additionally, Bluwiikoon discovers that RedneckPhoenix is mafia, even though he isn't.)

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) uses Metal Sound on Herbe (Cilan).
(Herbe is primed, and will die when Expanding Force or Discharge activate.)

rari_teh (Valerie) tries to use Fae Trick on Negrek (Sabrina), but the effects of Static from the previous night prevent the action from activating.

Negrek (Sabrina) uses Psyshock on Herbe (Cilan).
(Negrek vigs Herbe.)

Myuma (Burgh) uses Canvas of Expression on Negrek (Sabrina).
(Negrek can write a will during D2.)

Mr. Ultracool (Meowth) uses Where Did It Go on Mr. Ultracool.
(Mr. Ultracool watches himself, and discovers that he was not targeted.)

JackPK (Brycen) uses Full Metal Scanner on RedneckPhoenix (Cheren) and Hydreigon25 (Volkner).
(RedneckPhoenix's 0 badges and Hydreigon25's 0 badges are swapped. JackPK discovers that 0 badges total changed hands as a result.)
(additionally, JackPK discovers that RedneckPhoenix is mafia, even though he isn't.)
(additionally, Hydreigon25's power passively blocks JackPK from activating powers until the end of N2.)

Herbe (Cilan) gives 1 Trio Badge to all mafia members.
Hydreigon25 (Volkner) gives 1 Beacon Badge to Ysabel (Nanu).
Big oops ^

Negrek (Sabrina) prepares a will through the Canvas of Expression from N1.
"Hello from Day 2! I inspected Mawile N0 and got a Town result. I am going to attempt to heal VM or Ultracool N2. MF will not tell me if this will cause a healer clash, so if one of them died under suspicious circumstances, that could be why. I am going to attempt to roleblock someone N3, but no idea who yet."

Tofu (Viola) is lynched.
Tofu (Viola) gives 2 Bug Badges to Zero Moment. By activating Colorful Scatter, Tofu also gives 1 Trio Badge to Bluwiikoon (Bede).

Vipera Magnifica (Juan) uses Attract on bruh moment (Tate & Liza).
(actions that target bruh moment tonight will target Vipera Magnifica instead.)

Negrek (Sabrina) uses Reflect on Negrek (Sabrina).
(Negrek heals herself.)

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) uses Discharge.
(the current primed players -- Vipera Magnifica, bruh moment and RedneckPhoenix -- will die at the end of the Night.)

Ysabel (Nanu) expends a Trio Badge and a Beacon Badge to use Quash.
(mafia-aligned players will not die during D3, even if they are lynched.)

rari_teh (Valerie) uses Fae Trick on JackPK (Brycen).
(JackPK will be vigged at the end of N3.)

Myuma (Burgh) uses Canvas of Expression on Mr. Ultracool (Meowth).
(Mr. Ultracool can write a will during D2.)

Mr. Ultracool and JackPK did not send PMs. (jack was blocked anyway)

Vipera Magnifica (Juan) gives 2 Rain Badges to Bluwiikoon (Bede).
RedneckPhoenix (Cheren) gives 3 Basic Badges to Stryke (Marlon).
bruh moment (Tate & Liza) give 1 Mind Badge to rari_teh (Valerie).

Mr. Ultracool (Meowth) prepares a will through the Canvas of Expression from N2.

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) is lynched, but survives, due to Quash from N2.

Negrek (Sabrina) uses Disable on Zero Moment (Lt. Surge).
(Zero Moment is roleblocked.)

Ysabel (Nanu) uses Detect.
(mafia-aligned players will not die as a result of night actions tonight. Detect cannot be used on N4.)

Bluwiikoon (Bede) uses Fake Tears on Mawile (Allister).
(Mawile is primed, and will die when Expanding Force or Discharge activate.)

Bluwiikoon (Bede) expends two Trio Badges and uses Future Sight on Negrek (Sabrina).
(Negrek will die at the end of the Night. This action will not be revealed to action-checking powers.)

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) attempts to use Metal Sound on JackPK (Brycen), but is roleblocked by Disable.

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) expends two Bug Badges and uses Magnet Bomb on rari_teh (Valerie).
(rari_teh will die at the end of the Night. This action could not be prevented from activating or reaching its original target.)

rari_teh (Valerie) uses Fae Trick on Zero Moment (Lt. Surge).
(Zero Moment will be vigged at the end of N4.)

Myuma (Burgh) uses Canvas of Expression on Bluwiikoon (Bede).
(Bluwiikoon can write a will during D3.)

Mr. Ultracool (Meowth) uses Where Did It Go on Bluwiikoon (Bede).
(Mr. Ultracool watches Bluwiikoon, and discovers that he was targeted by Myuma.)

JackPK (Brycen) uses Full Metal Scanner on Stryke (Marlon) and Myuma (Burgh).
(Styrke's 3 badges and Myuma's 0 badges are swapped. JackPK discovers that 3 badges total changed hands as a result.)

JackPK (Brycen) gives 2 Freeze Badges to Mawile (Allister) and 1 Freeze Badge to kokorico (Falkner).
rari_teh (Valerie) gives 2 Féerie Badges to Mawile (Allister).
Negrek (Sabrina) gives 1 Marsh Badge to Mawile (Allister).

Bluwiikoon (Bede) prepares a will through the Canvas of Expression from N3.
Chairman Rose... I said I'd do anything it takes to be the best trainer. No matter what it takes, I won't let you down.

Congratulations, my friends! ^^ You got me! At the time of writing this, I'm not sure if I'll be the last one remaining or not by the time I get yeeted, but you sure freakin' did it.

I'm very sorry for deceiving you all, but I hope it's been fun and entertaining. I chose Bede because I was hoping to be a healer, but, well,,,,, oops.

Special shoutouts to Zori for scumreading me on D1, koko for consistently scumreading me, and everyone who defended my foolish!plays. And remember, you gotta hydrate!

I leave my £400 watch and my purple jacket to my Gothorita. Hatterene can have my money and bank card. Tell Opal I'm sorry.

kokorico (Falkner) spends 1 Freeze Badge and uses Mirror Move.
(kokorico discovers JackPK's role PM. for D4 and N4, kokorico gained the ability to use JackPK's night actions.)

kokorico (Falkner) is lynched.

kokorico (Falkner) gives 1 Zephyr Badge to Mawile and 1 Zephyr Badge to Mr. Ultracool.

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) uses Discharge.
(the current primed player -- Mawile -- will die at the end of the Night.)

[retroactive] Mistyx (Burgh) spends 3 Basic Badges to use Art Criticism on Negrek (Sabrina).
(Mistyx discovers Negrek's role PM, as well as all players whom she targeted, and all players who targeted her)

Mr. Ultracool spends 1 Zephyr Badge to use Where Did It Go on Mawile, and modify it with Did It Snatch The Remote.
(Mr. Ultracool watches and voyeurs Mawile, and discovers that he was not targeted.)

Mawile (Allister) gives 2 Ghost Badges to Stryke (Marlon) and 1 Ghost Badge to Myuma (Burgh).
Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) gives 2 Thunder Badges to Ysabel (Nanu).

Stryke (Marlon) is lynched.

Of the 4 players alive, 2 (Bluwiikoon and Ysabel) are mafia-aligned; therefore, mafia wins.

Thank you @
MampersandF to hosting

lol ^^; at that point I wasn't really taking the game seriously anymore so I kind of just wanted a reason to be in the open.

Also I was lmaoing because all of our claims ended up really weird and all being protective..

Hydreigon25 (Volkner) gives 1 Beacon Badge to Ysabel (Nanu).

Big oops ^ if i hadn't assumed @Ysabel was town ( when I died )
i would probably have given it to someone else instead

😨🤦‍♂️

lol ^^; at that point I wasn't really taking the game seriously anymore so I kind of just wanted a reason to be in the open.

Also I was lmaoing because all of our claims ended up really weird and all being protective..

• Grin
Reactions: Ys_
Today's Pokémon Journal feature: VALERIE and SYLVEON
nVXp11C.png

Interview spot!
PJ: According to you, what does it take to win?
V: The elusive Fairy types may appear frail as a breeze and delicate as a bloom, but they are strong.
PJ: I see! So it's like you're Town? Would you win, then, if all scum players were dead?

Move showcase!
Fae Trick - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Unlimited use
At the end of the next night phase (not the current one), the target player dies.
Misty Terrain - Night action | Activate by PM | Must pay 2 Badges to use
During this night, no players will die as a direct or indirect result of actions taken in the previous night phase.

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Féerie Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Féerie Badge to two players of your choice
-Give 2 Féerie Badges to one player of your choice
If you do not choose during the phase after your death, your badges will be distributed randomly instead.

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: VOLKNER and RAICHU
XJnywkw.png

Interview spot!
PJ: According to you, what does it take to win?
V: Winning makes me happy, and losing leaves me angry... That's no great revelation, but it's what makes me stronger.
PJ: I see! So it's like you're Town? Would you win, then, if all scum players were dead?

Move showcase!
Static - Nighttime power | Always automatically active | Unlimited use
Each time a player targets you with a night action, that player cannot take actions or activate powers in the next day phase and the next night phase.
Reversal - Nighttime power | Activate by PM | Must pay 2 Badges to use
During this night, instead of the Static effect, each player that targets you with a night action dies at the end of the night.

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Beacon Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Beacon Badge to one player of your choice
If you do not choose during the phase after your death, your badges will be distributed randomly instead.

@rari_teh if you used Misty Terrain ^ i could have used my badge ability for town to get the win

rari_teh / Valerie]Today's Pokémon Journal feature: VALERIE and SYLVEON

nVXp11C.png

Move showcase!
Fae Trick - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Unlimited use
At the end of the next night phase (not the current one), the target player dies.
Misty Terrain - Night action | Activate by PM | Must pay 2 Badges to use
During this night, no players will die as a direct or indirect result of actions taken in the previous night phase.

Hydreigon25 / Volkner]Today's Pokémon Journal feature: VOLKNER and RAICHU

XJnywkw.png

Move showcase!
Static - Nighttime power | Always automatically active | Unlimited use
Each time a player targets you with a night action, that player cannot take actions or activate powers in the next day phase and the next night phase.

During this night, instead of the Static effect, each player that targets you with a night action dies at the end of the night.

@rari_teh if you used Misty Terrain ^ i could have used my badge ability for town to get the win[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

n0 you used fae trick
n1 i die, however if you received 2 badges you use Misty Terrain to revive me so the following could happen

when I received 2 badges, i could have tried and bait Blu, Tofu, Ysabel, & ZM all into visiting me ( after i received 2 badges ) then town would win

so if the mafia/wolfs were to target me when I have 2 badges it would be a town win

Yeah, probably, actually. With Blu or ZM gone sooner mafia would have been a lot weaker for sure. But what people are saying is that not all mafia would have visited you at once. So it could have been a town victory, just not an instant one.

these were some hints ( the stuff under-lined )

Town shouldn't waste any actions on me for reasons i can't currently say why, due to it being early. However it will help town
i meant it could help Town i prefer not to reveal it yet though

basically I was referring to my badge power in these posts but I didn't want to actually reveal what my badge power was at the time

Back
Top Bottom