• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Having a Video Game Character Commit Adultery

Does committing adultery on games like The Sims count as a sin?

• Yes

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Don't know

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Don't care

Votes: 18 25.7%

• Total voters
Yeah, on and off. :P

A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.
And the some of the commandments are really improved by adding "... without good reason" after them. I mean, sure, don't grab the watch hanging out of the old guy's pocket, but go ahead and grab steal that apple that you need not to starve. And murdering someone like Hitler is kinda justified, for obvious reasons. But then, people wold exploit those loopholes and stuff, so I guess putting some vaguely-defined rules is the lesser evil to putting ones that take of twelve pages each and have a billion passages preventing loopholes. >:'I

Godwin's Law

And these obvious reasons are... ?

I'd assume to stop mass-genocide or something.

also wait there's sexism in Christianity?

Moses said:
Thou shallt not covet they neighbour's property, oxen, wife, whatever.
'Cause wives are property.
(And are not your neighbour).

Also, I'm pretty sure that if a virgin is raped, she cannot have sex with anyone else because that would be considered adultery. And, as a woman's only job is to carry babies, she would have to marry her rapist.
The punishment for raping a virgin was to marry her. Yeah.

That might just be Judaisim (or a non-religious law in Jewish culture), mind. Can't remember.

Also stuff like a marriage wasn't legal if the bride wasn't a virgin. If the husband can prove she wasn't a virgin (ie no blood on the sheets), he still keeps the dowry (and his virgin status???) but the woman becomes an undesirable or something.

There's tons of stuff, honestly.

Oh, by the way, having sex with any more than one person in your lifetime is adultery, so chances are you're gonna sin in real life anyway. Good luck. : )
Before the Xth century AD, marriage wasn't even official. It was just two people who lived together, really. Before marriage became an official ceremony, sex was considered marriage. 'Cleaved together by God' or something.

Although, 'sin' is more Aquinasy (or Augustiny? I always mix them up). He basically decided that anything to do with chaos is a sin. Or rather sin=chaos.
Therefore even feeling (but not acting on) lust, anger, all those seven is sinny.
Disobeying the ten commandments isn't necessarilly sin. It's just wrong.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if any of that's actually in any primary religious texts (I know the Aquinas/Augustine stuff was in one of their writings but not in the Bible) so it could just be stuff from scriptures/historic but not religious stuff. In fact, it could just be lies set up by the WJEC exam board. But yeah.

tl;dr We all goin' to Hell bitches.

Also, I'm pretty sure that if a virgin is raped, she cannot have sex with anyone else because that would be considered adultery. And, as a woman's only job is to carry babies, she would have to marry her rapist.
The punishment for raping a virgin was to marry her. Yeah.

There's also something in Deuteronomy saying if a married woman gets raped then they stone the victim to death for not calling for help and do the same to the rapist for violating her husband's property. :l

22:23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her,
22:24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the girl because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man's wife.

Back
Top Bottom