• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hi there!

Elbub

Pronoun
he/him
I came across this site years ago when looking for Generation 1 catch mechanics, and found the guides here far superior to anywhere else. I've been a visitor to those pages ever since whenever I played through RBY again and today decided to finally join the forums here (I'm currently six badges through a Virtual Console Blue run).

I've been a fan of the games for over 20 years, with my first game being Pokémon Yellow, obtained Christmas 2000. By the following Christmas, I had copies of all six Generation 1 and 2 games and, aside from a small gap around Generation 4, have always played now and again.

In terms of fan forums, I've been a member of the no longer existing Pokémon Fan Universe and Pokémon Elite 2000, and more recently I have been lurking at Pokémon Crossroads. My interest had largely been with those places ASB leagues, but in more recent years I have enjoyed both nostalgic discussion and hype for upcoming titles.

So hello to anyone reading this - I hope I can find something here to keep me around!

Welcome! Tickled to hear your first game was Yellow for Christmas 2000 - me too on both counts!

Glad you enjoy my RBY mechanics sections as well; they’re some of my favorite creations. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Hi, welcome! We've been having some sort of vague talk about reviving ASB in a way where refs don't have to do so much writing all the time, so maybe something will come of that, I dunno.

Welcome! Tickled to hear your first game was Yellow for Christmas 2000 - me too on both counts!

Glad you enjoy my RBY mechanics sections as well; they’re some of my favorite creations. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the welcome! Ha, would you look at that. I think my parents knew it was time to get me a copy after we visited my Aunt and Uncle in the summer, and I spent a large part of my time playing my cousin's version of Red, trying to see how far I could get without saving over his progress. I specifically remember being unable to 'escape' Viridian Forest, as I thought the exit was just the edge of the map.

I was with the mechanics again last night for the Safari Zone, as I'm currently hunting Kangaskhan, Tauros and Pinsir in the Safari Zone. I wanted to find something, anything, that told me an easier way than just lobbing balls but... well, you've done the maths.

Hi, welcome! We've been having some sort of vague talk about reviving ASB in a way where refs don't have to do so much writing all the time, so maybe something will come of that, I dunno.

Thanks for the welcome! Ah, the bane of ASB. I've been involved with the admin and management of it on the forums I mentioned above and yeah, we tried everything to make it easier for the referees. Reduced rounds from three actions to two, increased pay for multiple rounds in a week to exponential proportions, created an automatic damage calculator, even just straight up allowed rounds without writing if the battlers were okay with it. It always seemed to help in the short term, but long term the apathy would always creep back in.

I hope it does get revived though, as I would happily be an active participant!

Long time no see, Elbub! Glad you're doing well and still hanging around the forum scene. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Hi there! There's also a couple of RP's going on, if that's your scene. Hope you have a good time on here!

I've never really got into RPs, but there's always a first time for everything. Thanks for the welcome!

Long time no see, Elbub! Glad you're doing well and still hanging around the forum scene. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Ah, a name I recognise! You too, good to see you're still here! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom