• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hunting.

First off: I eat everything I hunt. I personally like the taste of game more than prossesed meat.

Secondly: People who hunt purely for the mount do not deserve to hunt. They don't understand the true reason for hunting.

Third: Anti-hunter vegetarians are alright. The Anti-hunters who eat meat are hypocrites, and I'll tell you why. Because they think that tracking and earning your meal by shooting an animal is inhumaine, But they will go eat a steak from a cow that has spent it's whole life in a cage, being fed nothing but grain, not enjoying life. A deer however, has lived free for a while and hopefully has mated and left it's offspring in the world. The cow cant escape death, the deer can. If a deer sees you, it can run away. The cow is put on a truck and sent to a slaughter house to be sliced and ground up. I don't know about you, but I think hunting is alot more humaine.

I'm not a hunter myself, but this is basically my opinion on hunting right here. (By the way, you probably should've put this in your first post instead of calling people hypocrites before they even said anything...)

If you hunt for food, that's okay--that's what you're supposed to do if you want to eat meat! The only reason we have to rely on giant factory-farms now is because our species is so ludicrously overpopulated that if everyone who ate meat hunted for it, we'd wipe out all other life on Earth.
And yeah, factory-farming cows and pigs and such for the purpose of food is far, far worse for the critters than hunting could ever be. I'd much rather just get shot and die if the other choice was being kept as a morbidly obese, antibiotic-flooded slave in a cramped, smelly building with hundreds of others for my entire (short) life.

If you hunt for fun or "sport" or because you want a head to hang on your wall, on the other hand... you should be the one getting shot. Killing for fun is pretty much the #1 sign of a future serial killer; killing should never be fun, it should be something that is only done when necessary (such as in self-defense, or if you want to eat the meat of a critter.)
And the worst of all are the people who shoot a deer just so they can put the head on their wall and brag about it to their redneck buddies, and then they don't even bother to eat any of the meat... they just leave the beheaded deer carcass lying out in the woods, or (even worse!) toss it over into a shallow creek where it can rot and kill the fish nearby and make everyone sick.
I live out in the middle of nowhere, and there's a lot of people here hunting when hunting season rolls around. My sister, my mom, and I end up having to clean up after these people... we have to drag at least a couple of half-decayed dead deer out of the creek every year because of these assholes.

OH YOU GUYS I FROGTO:

Almost exactly one year ago we came home from vacation to find a deer carcass with no head lying in our ditch. My dad had to bury it. :/ I don't get it, maybe it's a hunter thing?

OH YOU GUYS I FROGTO:

Almost exactly one year ago we came home from vacation to find a deer carcass with no head lying in our ditch. My dad had to bury it. :/ I don't get it, maybe it's a hunter thing?

It's a poacher thing. We get bullshit like this all the time in Idaho. Either that or it's a bitchy head-hunter who whines about how the wolves are killing all the animals, then turns right around and slays something for two pieces of bone on its head.

Back
Top Bottom