• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I finished the Favorite Picker.

IndigoClaudia

The Fool
Pronoun
She/Fae
I went through the Four Hour task of completing the Favorite Picker. (When your quarantined you have a lot of time on your hands i guess).

Please feel free to make as many weird comments and observations, compile the data, predict what pokemon will be my next favorite, do stupid scientist things, what ever. Do as you like.
Favorite List

Btw a few notes.

Pokemon
1-24 | Are my absolute FAVORITES i cannot live without them.
25-48 | Are Pokemon I really love and often have on my team in pokemon games.
49-108 | Pokemon i love a lot, like the design they're really cool, Almost all these pokemon have been on my team in a pokemon game at some point.
109-228 | Pokemon i like a good deal, I would have no problem using any of these pokemon and really do enjoy them.
229-468 | Pokemon i Like, i enjoy most of these pokemon a good deal for whatever reason.
469-612 | Pokemon i tolerate or think are cute, these ones i don't really have a problem with but feel kind of meh, usually legendaries or second evolutions i don't mind, sometimes baby or first evolutions that i think are cute.
613-888 | again, i usually tolerate these. Some i only enjoy for they're competitive aspect. I messed up a bit and the accuracy of where they place as far as favorites go is a little bit off.
889-1032 | I dislike most of these pokemon or only slightly tolerate them.
1032-1077 | I hate these ones and i wish they did not exist.

I am very curious about your most hated pokemon! can you go into some of the reasons why they're ranked as they are? (feel free to just go through a few, I imagine explaining why all 35 have your ire would take a lot of time)

-Carmamel Alcremie because i hate Caramel (But i love all other Alcremies, but Caramel is just disgusting)
-Pachirisu because a jerk i used to know loved pachirisu
-Spearow and Fearow because their designs aren't very good (in my opinion)
-Miltank because it's just kind of weird.
-Jinx because it's also weird and a little bit objectifying
-AND WOOBAT and SWOOBAT because their design is awful, they're weird pokemon to begin with, their dex entries are weird and i just... i just hate them

WOW!!! :O Such dedication to all thing pokemon in this list!!! :) You rated every single one. That must not of been easy.

Also you're top two favorites being Mega Lucario and Lucario makes me super happy. we gotta be friends :P

I'm giving myself an easier time with the Favorite Pokemon Picker by lumping regional variants into their predecessors and excluding transformations like Mega Evolutions.
Also: FINALLY FINISHED!

Last edited:
I've been trying to create a favorite picker going by just the basic usage mentioned on this page. It doesn't seem to be working quite right. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've been trying to create a favorite picker going by just the basic usage mentioned on this page. It doesn't seem to be working quite right. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Could you give any details on how it isn't working right? Such as what you're seeing vs. what you expect to see?

I entered some items just like it says to between the square brackets mentioned. Nothing shows up to be picked. It's supposed to be text with no pictures (at least for now). The picture shown here is what has come up so far.

picker.png

Could you share what you've put between the square brackets? I've put the below and they're showing up for me:

JavaScript:
var items = [
    {id: '1', name: 'Option One'},
    {id: '2', name: 'Option Two'},
    {id: '3', name: 'Option Three'},
    {id: '4', name: 'Option Four'},
    {id: '5', name: 'Option Five'},
    {id: '6', name: 'Option Six'},
    {id: '7', name: 'Option Seven'}
];

picker.png

Code:
var items = [
    //     {id: 'bird', name: 'Phoenix'},
    {id: 'part', name: 'Edge'},
    {id: 'wet', name: 'Maya'},
    {id: 'zzz', name: 'Donkey'},
{id: 'abc', name: 'Kong'},
{id: 'acc', name: 'Country'},
{id: 'adc', name: 'Super'},
{id: 'aec', name: 'Mario'},
{id: 'afc', name: 'World'},
{id: 'agc', name: 'Legend'},
{id: 'ahc', name: 'Zelda'},
{id: 'afic', name: 'Vanilla'},
{id: 'afj', name: 'Chocolate'},
{id: 'afk', name: 'Twotone'},
{id: 'afl', name: 'Strawberry'},
{id: 'afm', name: 'Blueberry'},
{id: 'afn', name: 'Cramped'},
{id: 'afo', name: 'Cranberry'},
{id: 'afp', name: 'Tuna'},
{id: 'afq', name: 'Jello'},
{id: 'afs', name: 'Sigma'},
{id: 'aft', name: 'Zeta'},
{id: 'afv', name: 'Beta'},
{id: 'afx', name: 'Gamma'},
{id: 'afz', name: 'Kronk'},
{id: 'bfc', name: 'Groove'},
{id: 'cfc', name: 'Plate'},
{id: 'dfc', name: 'Dartz'},
{id: 'efc', name: 'Darts'},
{id: 'sfc', name: 'King'},
{id: 'mfc', name: 'Atlantis'},
{id: 'nfc', name: 'Barkwood'},
{id: 'ofc', name: 'Tent'},
{id: 'pfc', name: 'Lasagna'},
{id: 'qfc', name: 'Bacon'}
];

I was trying to think of some random items (in order to test it first) and that's what came to mind.

That's working for me. Could it be that javascript is disabled in your browser? When I disable it I get a result similar to you.

If that isn't the problem you might want to open the developer tools (by pressing ctrl + shift + i in chrome and firefox) and see if there's any errors logged in the console.

JavaScript is showing up as allowed. I used the developer tools as you suggested and found the following:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<'
picker-ui.js:8

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<'
picker-ui.js:8

Uncaught ReferenceError: picker is not defined
at Code.html:275:16
Code.html:275

The Reference Error in the Code.html is:

Code:
var myPicker = new picker.Picker({
    items: items
});

The first line is the Reference Error. I also included the two lines that follow it.

I'm using Microsoft Edge if that's any help.

Back
Top Bottom