• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I liek Squirtles vs Skyman

Huh, guess my post didn't go through before.

Lets start off with Yawn. If he protects it or is otherwise unhitable, use Curse. If on the second action you haven't yawned him yet, yawn him then (if he's hittable, of course), otherwise use Barrier. If he used facade action one, though, then use Torment instead. Finally, end with a good old fashioned Surf.

Yawn/Curse~Yawn/Barrier/Torment~Surf

We can afford giving him his Curse, so Substitute on the first action. Hit him with a Facade if you're faster, but if you're slower opt for Scary Face. End with Facade if you haven't used it, Signal Beam if you have; hopefully, your sub doesn't break.

Substitute~Facade/Scary Face~Facade/Signal Beam

ROUND 5 - START

I liek Squirtles (OOO)
shinx (brightpowder)
[Blue Mage] M <Intimidate>
Health: 35%
Energy: 48%
Burned (3% damage last round).
–1 Speed. Severely Poisoned (3% damage last round).
Substitute ~ Facade / Scary Face ~ Facade / Signal Beam

Skyman (OOO)
marshtomp
[Jack] M <Torrent>
Health: 44%
Energy: 52%
–1 Attack. –2 Special Attack.
Yawn / Curse ~ Yawn / Barrier / Torment ~ Surf

Blue Mage was awake. This would not do for Jack, who had taken enough of a beating from the Shinx’s ruthless Facade attacks. Jack drew in a deep breath, and let out a heavy yawn right in the Shinx’s face. Still a bit groggy from his nap, Blue Mage let out a small yawn in return, as his eyelids began to droop. Though he wanted to sleep, he couldn’t let his trainer down by giving up then and there. That’s when he had an idea. Blue Mage snatched a cannon ball from a nearby stack and rolled it over to the middle of the deck. He then went and found a few more, rolling each into a spot on the ship’s deck. When he was done, the Shinx finally gave the collection of cannon balls a small shock, transferring some of his life energy into the iron balls. The balls sprang to life, arranging themselves into a sturdy pyramid. Blue Mage looked at the stack, satisfied. If he had someone, or something to do the fighting for him, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if he just took a nap again.

Jack stood and watched his opponent build the substitute, and as the Shinx was finishing, he focused, and a translucent wall of energy started to form. The barrier between Jack and the cannon balls just might save him if the balls all started rolling in his direction. Meanwhile, Blue Mage was getting ready to take his nap. Before he could, though, he wanted to give Iron Mage an advantage (Iron Mage was the name he had chosen for his new friend). Blue Mage made a hideous face at Jack, snarling at him through the translucent barrier. The Marshtomp stood frozen in place, intimidated by his opponent’s expression. As Jack cowered in fear, Blue Mage curled up on the wooden deck and fell straight to sleep, the tower of cannon balls guarding him. Blue Mage’s trainer shouted something out, but the little Shinx remained perfectly still, snoring quietly.

Rather than fight the stack of iron balls directly (when has that ever been a good idea?), Jack would try to wash them off the side of the Jolly Roger. The Marshtomp raised his hands, and the ocean rose up with them. As his hands dropped, the huge wave washed over the deck, covering everything with seawater. As the water drained away, two Pokémon, two trainers, and a referee still remained on board, all soaked from head to toe. The stack of balls was still there, but some of the cannon balls had been dislodged, and had washed overboard. The spectators who had not already fled the scene stood on the docks, also drenched by the wave. A group of sailors laughed as one of the men poured his ale into the bay, the drink tasting more of salt water than beer. That’s when a scream came from the back of the crowd. A massive tentacle rose out of the water, and came crashing down, splitting the dock clear in half with a loud SNAP. The spectators were thrown into the water below, and as the people screamed and thrashed about in the water, two more massive tentacles rose up out of the water and curled around the deck of the Jolly Roger. The trainers and their Pokémon watched in horror as the deck began to break apart under the force of the massive tentacles. Blue Mage had jolted awake as soon as the monster tried to crush the ship. Seeing an enormous tentacle in front of him, he let loose a Thunderbolt at it, and the huge tentacle retracted back into the water. It was then that the beast lifted its colossal head out of the murky depths. Pale white teeth rimmed a mouth as dark and endless as the bottom of the sea itself. Once more, a tentacle rose up, and with a huge CRACK, it smashed the boat in two. As the two ends of the Jolly Roger sank slowly into the bay, the last thing the trainers saw was the endless black void swallowing them whole…

ROUND 5 - END

I liek Squirtles (OOO)
shinx (brightpowder)
Health: 8%
Energy: 36%
Has a Substitute (11% health). Burned (3% damage this round).
–1 Speed. Severely Poisoned (4% damage this round).
Substitute (20%) ~ Scary Face ~ nothing

Skyman (OOO)
marshtomp
[Jack] M <Torrent>
Energy: 42%
+2 Defense. –2 Speed.
Yawn ~ Barrier ~ Surf

Notes
-Blue Mage made a large substitute since ILS did not specify the size.
-Substitute does not have priority, so Yawn still affected Blue Mage.
-Blue Mage is now faster than Jack.
-Blue Mage fell asleep after the second action.
-Fortunately, the attack on the ship caused Blue Mage to wake up again.
-Unfortunately, the ship was completely destroyed and the trainers and their Pokémon were eaten.
-To be continued…

ACTION ONE

Jack’s command: Yawn
Energy: 4%

Blue Mage’s command: Substitute
Energy: 10%

Blue Mage takes 1% damage from his burn.
Blue Mage takes 1% damage from Toxic.

Action one results:

Jack
44 health
48 energy

Blue Mage
13 health
38 energy

Blue Mage’s Substitute
20 health

ACTION TWO

Jack’s command: Barrier
Energy: 2%

Blue Mage’s command: Scary Face

Blue Mage is now asleep.

Action two results:

Jack
44 health
46 energy

Blue Mage
11 health
36 energy

Blue Mage’s Substitute
20 health

ACTION THREE

Jack’s command: Surf
Energy: 5% - 1% STAB = 4%
Accuracy: 90% --> Roll: (83/100) --> Success
Damage: 9% base + 2.25% STAB – 2% boosts = 9% final damage
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (36/100) --> No crit
This causes the chance of Blue Mage staying asleep to fall to 90%.

Blue Mage Sleep: 90% --> Roll: (12/100) --> Blue Mage is asleep
Blue Mage’s command: nothing

Blue Mage takes 2% damage from Toxic.

Action three results:

Jack
44 health
42 energy

Blue Mage
8 health
36 energy

Blue Mage’s Substitute
11 health

END OF ROUND
I liek Squirtles commands first next round.

Alright, Swagger (unless he's unhittable, in which case Protect), and then just Facade because I'm pretty sure you're going down this round.

Swagger~Facade x2

Protect~Roundx2. Simple, to the point, and will KO him action 2 due to burn/poison damage.

SCRATCH

The sound of a match being struck against the coarse surface of a match box punctured the silence of the watery tomb. The old pirate captain held up the tiny flame as he turned around in ankle-deep water and examined his surroundings. “No doubt about it,” he muttered “we’re deep in the belly of Davy Jones’ beast.”

“Are we going to die here?” whimpered the referee, who was sitting on a raised, fleshy mound and cradling his knees with his arms.

“Maybe” replied the captain, “but maybe not.” The captain lifted one leg out of the water and took a good look at his boots. “If these stomach juices were truly harmful we’d be dead already. I think we’re safe… for now.” The captain looked around at the other survivors inside the beast. Aside from the pirate captain and the referee, the two trainers and their Pokémon had been the only ones swallowed by the monster. Next to I liek Squirtles’ Shinx, a pile of cannon balls was guarding its master.

The old captain noticed the Shinx and spoke to its trainer, “Say, I have an idea. Could your Pokémon give the walls of this place a shock?” I liek Squirtles nodded, and gave the command. Blue Mage emitted a shock wave, and after doing so, hundreds of fleshy bulbs bathed the area in a blue bioluminescent light. As the trainers looked around in astonishment, the captain took out an engraved pewter flask and took a long swig of rum. He stroked his beard thoughtfully, and gave a sigh. “Since you scalawags are all here, why not continue your battle?” the captain pointed at a raised area, about twelve yards in diameter, which looked like the perfect spot to continue fighting. “If these really are my last hours, damn it, I demand a good fight!”

ROUND 6 - START

I liek Squirtles (OOO)
shinx (brightpowder)
Health: 8%
Energy: 36%
Has a Substitute (11% health). Burned (3% damage last round).
–1 Speed. Severely Poisoned (4% damage last round).
Swagger ~ Facade ~ Facade

Skyman (OOO)
marshtomp
[Jack] M <Torrent>
Energy: 42%
+2 Defense. –2 Speed.
Protect ~ Round ~ Round

After the trainers had taken their places on either side of the mound, the referee signaled for the round to begin. Blue Mage was quick to act, and started jeering at his opponent, as if to say “HEY, LOOK WHAT I DID! I ATTACKED THE MONSTER, I LIT THIS PLACE UP, AND WHAT DID YOU DO? NOTHING.”

This attempt at riling up Jack had little effect, however, as Jack had encased himself in a soundproof bubble. Jack made an obscene gesture at the Shinx, and little Blue Mage growled in anger before bolting forward. Jack’s concentration shattered, as did his protective bubble, and within moments the Shinx was upon him, tearing at him with his tiny fangs, and channeling all his anger into a savage beat-down.

The Marshtomp stood on shaky legs, and readjusted his captain’s hat. Blue Mage had retreated behind his buddy, Iron Mage, so he would have to finish off the Shinx using the power of music. Jack cleared his throat, and began to hum the Pirates of the Caribbean theme. A glint from the Bright Powder around Blue Mage’s neck caught Jack’s eye though, and Jack’s song was cut short as the Marshtomp tried to reorient itself. Blue Mage, still fuming, bolted forward and shrieked at his opponent, as if to say “YOU’RE NOT EVEN A REAL CAPTAIN!!!!!” The Shinx barreled toward Jack, and viciously tore into him once more as tears welled up in his eyes.

Jack, sore and about to collapse, picked up his song once more and assaulted his foe with the power of sound. Blue Mage tried to block his ears, but it was no use. The Shinx teetered from side to side before finally collapsing. As Jack nursed his wounds, I liek Squirtles recalled the fallen Pokémon into his Poké Ball. The old pirate captain gave a shout, congratulating the Marshtomp, “Good job, little fella. Yer a true pirate in my book.”

The referee fidgeted with the whistle around his neck as he whispered to himself, “Perhaps… perhaps this is not such a bad place to battle. If I make it out of here, I will have to put in a word with my supervisors back at ASB Headquarters.” He then glanced at the two trainers, who were waiting anxiously for him to speak. The referee stood up straight and cleared his throat. “Well then,” he called out, “shall we continue?”

ROUND 6 - END

I liek Squirtles (OOO)
shinx (brightpowder)
Health: 0%
Energy: 16%
Swagger ~ Facade ~ Facade

Skyman (OOO)
marshtomp
[Jack] M <Torrent>
Health: 20%
Energy: 34%
+2 Defense. –2 Speed.
Protect ~ Round (missed) ~ Round

Notes
-Jack’s first Round missed.
-Jack’s second Round finished off Blue Mage.
-Iron Mage has rolled off, surely to plot his revenge against Captain Jack.
-The battle continues inside Jabu-Jabu’s Nelly’s belly.

ACTION ONE

Blue Mage’s command: Swagger

Jack’s command: Protect

Action one results:

Jack
44 health
40 energy

Blue Mage
6 health
32 energy

Blue Mage’s Substitute
11 health

ACTION TWO

Blue Mage’s command: Facade
Energy: 8%
Damage: 14% base – 2% boosts = 12% final damage
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (42/100) --> No crit

Jack’s command: Round
Energy: 3%
Accuracy: 90% --> Roll: (91/100) --> Failure

Blue Mage takes 2% damage from Toxic.

Action two results:

Jack
32 health
37 energy

Blue Mage
3 health
24 energy

Blue Mage’s Substitute
11 health

ACTION THREE

Blue Mage’s command: Facade
Energy: 8%
Damage: 14% base – 2% boosts = 12% final damage
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (85/100) --> No crit

Jack’s command: Round
Accuracy: 90% --> Roll: (71/100) --> Success
Damage: 6% base – 2% boosts = 4% final damage
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (63/100) --> No crit

Blue Mage is knocked out.

Action three results:

Jack
20 health
34 energy

Blue Mage
0 health
16 energy

Blue Mage’s Substitute
11 health

END OF ROUND
I liek Squirtles sends out, then Skyman commands first next round.

Well, not much that we can do now Captain Jack. You've done well taking out your first opponent, now lets try and weaken this one up for your backup.

Your opponent may be a bit spooky looking, but you have nothing to fear. Set up a Substitute (10%) to start things off. Then, send off a little Captivate - ghostly or not, she is still a lady, so might as well get her attention. Should she be a bit shy and unhittable, however, opt for a Defense Curl instead. Finally, end with another Captivate if you can - defense curl if you can't. If you're ever taunted unfortunately, then you'll just have to Bite down on her hard all the way.

Substitute (10%)/Bite~Captivate/Defense Cure/Bite x2

Set up your own sub, Craneo (10%, please). After that, give Jack his own medicine and fire off your own Rounds to finish him off.

10% Substitute~Round x2

ROUND 7 - START

I liek Squirtles (XOO)
duskull (mental-herb)
[Craneo Ominoso] F <Levitate>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Substitute (10%) ~ Round ~ Round

Skyman (OOO)
marshtomp
[Jack] M <Torrent>
Health: 20%
Energy: 34%
+2 Defense. –2 Speed.
Substitute (10%) / Bite ~ Captivate / Defense Curl / Bite x2

I liek Squirtles searched through his bag until he found the Poké Ball he was looking for – a Dusk Ball with a warning scratched into it saying “DO NOT USE”. Not remembering when he left this ominous message, the trainer shrugged and threw the ball out into the makeshift arena. The ball snapped open, and a small Duskull appeared in a flash of light.

* hey.

Jack was taken aback. Did that Duskull just speak to him? She didn’t even have a mouth, so how could she be speaking to him? It was almost… almost as if she was mentally projecting her voice inside his head. Jack shut his eyes and shook his head. Ghosts are weird, he thought.

Jack spied a pile of bones lying in the stomach acid and ran off to collect them. Remembering Blue Mage and his stack of cannon balls, he tried to arrange the bones into the shape of a Marshtomp. The bones were all mismatched however, so the structure he made was little more than a few limbs with a fish skull attached at the head. Jack put his hands on the substitute and shut his eyes as he transferred half of his remaining life force into the pile of bones. A moment later, the bones rattled to life and took position in front of Jack.

To Jack’s surprise, however, Craneo Ominoso the Duskull had already built a skeletal subordinate of her own. Well, built isn’t really the correct word. The substitute was just a skull – a human skull, to be exact. But the very sight of it struck fear into Jack’s heart. The Duskull had transferred a bit of her life force into the skull, and it was floating side-by-side with her.

NYEH HEH HEH!

Wait, was that Craneo’s substitute that just laughed? Jack gulped. He had a baaaaaaaad feeling about this. One ominous skull was creepy enough, but two? Way too spooky.

* nice pile of bones. i see you are a bone-a-fide artist.

Oh no, Jack thought. Oh no no no no no. The skulls must have known about Jack’s one true weakness… TERRIBLE PUNS. Jack curled up into the fetal position, shaking like a leaf. There’s no way he could fight back now… not against a foe so cruel. Jack pulled his captain’s hat down over his ears, but it did him no good. Craneo was speaking to Jack telepathically.

* what’s wrong. don’t you find my jokes humerus?

Jack felt a sharp pain in his chest. He knew he couldn’t take much more of this. The Marshtomp curled up even tighter and began to sob quietly. The puns were just too terrible for him to handle.

* that’s too bad. bone-as noches, mi amigo.

That was the last straw. Jack gasped, and passed out where he lay. The pun was just that bad. The pile of bones that had been Jack’s substitute suddenly collapsed next to him. Confused, Skyman stared at the unconscious Pokémon as he scratched his head. Reluctantly, he returned the Marshtomp to his Poké Ball. He looked to the ref, and shrugged, “I don’t know what happened. Maybe… he just had a really bad cramp?”

ROUND 7 - END

I liek Squirtles (XOO)
duskull (mental-herb)
Health: 90%
Energy: 89%
Has a Substitute (10% health).
Substitute (10%) ~ Round ~ Round

Skyman (OOO)
marshtomp
[Jack] M <Torrent>
Health: 0%
Energy: 27%
Substitute (10%) ~ Defense Curl ~ Defense Curl

Notes
-Since Jack couldn’t use Captivate on Craneo Ominoso’s Substitute, he defaulted to using Defense Curl.
-Jack fainted on action three.
-The next round takes place on the Slip ‘N’ Slide.

ACTION ONE

Jack’s command: Substitute
Energy: 5%

Craneo Ominoso’s command: Substitute

Action one results:

Jack
10 health
29 energy

Jack’s Substitute
10 health

Craneo Ominoso
90 health
95 energy

Craneo Ominoso’s Substitute
10 health

ACTION TWO

Jack’s command: Defense Curl
Energy: 1%

Craneo Ominoso’s command: Round
Damage: 6% base = 6% final damage
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (48/100) --> No crit

Action two results:

Jack
4 health
28 energy

Jack’s Substitute
10 health

Craneo Ominoso
90 health
92 energy

10 health

ACTION THREE

Jack’s command: Defense Curl
Energy: 1%

Craneo Ominoso’s command: Round
Damage: 6% base = 6% final damage
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (98/100) --> No crit

Jack is knocked out.

Action three results:

Jack
0 health
27 energy

Jack’s Substitute
10 health

Craneo Ominoso
90 health
89 energy

10 health

END OF ROUND
Skyman sends out, then I liek Squirtles commands first next round.

Alrighty, Craneo. Let's kick this off with a Taunt, quickly followed by Toxic, and ending with Hex. If Axel tries to Odor Sleuth you, Protect (only once).

Should Axel be Protecting or out of reach (bar Substitute) on the second action, use Calm Mind. If he's behind a substitute, try Shadow Ball.

If you failed to use Toxic on the second action, use Shadow Ball on the third instead.

Taunt/Protect~Toxic/Calm Mind/Shadow Ball~Hex/Protect/Shadow Ball

Thief~Safeguard~Snarl. The mental herb you steal from her should do the trick for removing taunt, leaving you free to safeguard action 2. Snarl action 3 to soften the blow from that pesky shadow ball.

Once Skyman had selected his next Pokémon, he gave the Poké Ball a toss, and a proud-looking Growlithe appeared in a flash of light. Both trainers started to give their Pokémon commands, but were soon interrupted when a woman’s voice boomed over a hidden loudspeaker, echoing throughout the sea monster’s cavernous stomach:

“LET’S GO ON THE SLIP ‘N’ SLIDE!”

The trainers, startled and confused, turned to face the pirate captain, but for once he was at a loss for words. They didn’t have long to think about it though, as the juices in Nelly’s stomach suddenly started moving, flowing deeper into the belly of the beast and eventually emptying into the beast’s small intestine. A surge of stomach acid washed over the platform where the humans and Pokémon were standing, causing them to lose their footing and begin heading downstream.

ROUND 8 - START

I liek Squirtles (XOO)
duskull (mental-herb)
Health: 90%
Energy: 89%
Has a Substitute (10% health).
Taunt / Protect ~ Toxic / Calm Mind / Shadow Ball ~ Hex / Protect / Shadow Ball

Skyman (XOO)
growlithe (fire-stone)
[Axel] M <Flash Fire>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Thief ~ Safeguard ~ Snarl

As the river of stomach juices carried the battlers downstream, they came towards a huge neon sign that read “DAVY JONE’S POOP CHUTE SLIP ‘N’ SLIDE”. Finally understanding the message they had heard over the loudspeaker, the battlers turned to look at each other as the walls around them began to narrow. When they reached the small intenstine, the stream of fluid sped up, and human and Pokémon alike were sent spiraling down an enormous, organic waterslide.

The liquids were shallow enough now that Axel was able to stand on four legs as he shot down the Slip ‘N’ Slide. While Craneo Ominoso was ignoring him and enjoying the slide, he would take this opportunity to strike her off guard. Axel thought back to when his trainer was giving him commands, and remembered the order to steal his opponent’s item. With this in mind, Axel lunged forward and tackled the floating skull, grabbing the Pokémon’s held item in the process. Axel bit down on the item. It tasted like… spaghetti? What kind of trick was this?

HEY! THAT WAS MY SPAGHETTI!

Axel realized a moment too late that he had mistaken the substitute for the real Craneo Ominoso. The real Craneo was laughing at the Growlithe’s mistake.

* geeettttttt dunked on!!!

The Duskull’s telepathic taunting threw Axel into a rage. Ignoring his trainer’s commands, he launched himself at the floating substitute, ramming it into the Slip ‘N’ Slide’s intestinal wall. Having taken a bit of damage himself from the desperate attack, Axel watched the floating skull get up once again.

NYEH HEH HEH! AS IF THAT COULD EVEN HURT ME!

The skull shattered and fell into the stream.

Craneo Ominoso, noticeably upset by this, glared into the Growlithe’s eyes as it delivered a warning.

* here’s some friendly advice. if you keep going the way you are now…

The Duskull’s single eye flashed ominously in front of its left eye socket.

* you’re gonna have a bad time.

Craneo Ominoso suddenly retched, and then spat a sinister blob of poison at the Growlithe’s face. Axel howled, and the toxic poison seeped its way into the Growlithe’s skin, leaving a painful burn. In retaliation, Axel let out a furious snarl laced with arcane magic. The spell drained away a fair amount of the Duskull’s life force, and left it slightly weaker as a result. Craneo Ominoso winced a little, but was ready to counter this spell with one of her own.

* this next attack will be hex-traoardinary.

The Duskull’s eye began to glow, and a ring of arcane runes appeared in front of Craneo Ominoso’s face. The Pokémon cackled, and a dark purple mist began to form around the Growlithe as it sped down the slide. Axel gave a nervous whimper, and the purple mist condensed, flowing into the Growlithe’s body through the spot where he was poisoned. Axel howled in pain as the mist drained away a large amount of his health.

Not long after the Duskull’s attack, the humans and Pokémon could all see a bright light at the end of the slide. Their journey through the sea monster’s digestive system was finally coming to an end. The next thing they knew, they were freefalling towards a sandy beach, their eyes blinded by the light of day…

ROUND 8 - END

I liek Squirtles (XOO)
duskull (mental-herb)
Health: 82%
Energy: 74%
– 1 Special Attack.
Taunt ~ Toxic ~ Hex

Skyman (XOO)
growlithe (fire-stone)
[Axel] M <Flash Fire>
Energy: 90%
Severely Poisoned (2% damage this round).
Thief ~ Struggle ~ Snarl

Notes
-I apologize that this is super late.
-Axel’s Thief hit Craneo Ominoso’s Substitute, so he did not steal the Mental Herb.
-Axel was taunted, so he used Struggle on action two.
-Struggle finished off Papyrus Craneo Ominoso’s Substitute.

ACTION ONE

Axel’s command: Thief
Damage: 6% base × 1.5 super effective = 9% final damage
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (54/100) --> No crit

Craneo Ominoso’s command: Taunt

Action one results:

Axel
100 health
97 energy

Craneo Ominoso
90 health
85 energy

1 health

ACTION TWO

Axel’s command: Struggle
Damage: 5% base = 5% final damage
Axel takes 1% recoil damage
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (61/100) --> No crit

Craneo Ominoso’s command: Toxic
Accuracy: 90% --> Roll: (44/100) --> Success

Axel takes 1% damage from Toxic.

Action two results:

Axel
98 health
94 energy

Craneo Ominoso
90 health
81 energy

ACTION THREE

Axel’s command: Snarl
Accuracy: 95% --> Roll: (44/100) --> Success
Damage: 5.5% base × 1.5 super effective = 8% final damage
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (29/100) --> No crit

Craneo Ominoso’s command: Hex
Energy: 8% base – 1% STAB = 7%
Damage: 13% base + 3.25% STAB – 1% boosts = 15% final damage
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (94/100) --> No crit

Action three results:

Axel
82 health
90 energy

Craneo Ominoso
82 health
74 energy

END OF ROUND
Skyman commands first next round.

Last edited:
Yay for moving and no internet.

Just Snarl then, I guess. If tormented or disabled or whatever, use Crunch, or Bite if something happens to Crunch too.

Snarl/Crunch/Bite x3

This'll be simple, Craneo. Protect and Hex, and end with Psych Up to get rid of debuffs. If Psych Up won't help, try Haze instead.

Protect~Hex~Psych Up/Haze

ROUND 9 - START

I liek Squirtles (XOO)
duskull (mental-herb)
Energy: 74%
– 1 Special Attack.
Protect ~ Hex ~ Psych Up / Haze

Skyman (XOO)
growlithe (fire-stone)
[Axel] M <Flash Fire>
Energy: 90%
Severely Poisoned (2% damage last round).
Snarl / Crunch / Bite x3

When Axel regained consciousness, he found himself on a sandy beach, with the blinding sun beating down on him. The referee and the two trainers were standing over him, and gave a sigh of relief when the Growlithe stood himself up and shook the sand from his fur. Craneo Ominoso was hovering over the beach about twenty feet away, watching the old pirate captain empty the water from his boots. Axel’s trainer tried to tell him that he didn’t have to continue the battle if he didn’t want to, but the Growlithe had no intention of giving up the fight now.

Axel stalked his way towards the Duskull, whose back was turned to him, and when he was only a few feet away, he let loose a vicious snarl. Craneo Ominoso casually turned around, with a rather mocking expression on her face.

* did you say something. i didn’t hear you.

Axel hadn’t even realized that his opponent was on guard the whole time, baiting him into an attack. He bared his fangs at the Duskull and gave another angry snarl. This one proved to be more effective, and the Duskull grimaced as the dark magic drained away more of its life force.

* i was hex-pecting you to do that.

Craneo Ominoso’s eye glowed as the runes once again flashed in front of her. The vile purple mist appeared around Axel, and before he could escape, it streamed into the Growlithe’s wounds, causing a great deal of pain as it drained away his health.

By now, Axel was furious. This time, his Snarl was more of a roar. The resulting spell was more powerful as well, and the Duskull shuddered as a fair amount of its strength was drained away. Craneo Ominoso must have realized that if she attacked now, her attacks would not be as effective as she needed them to be. Craneo concentrated, using her telepathic link with her opponent to try and copy his psychological state. In doing so, she could feel her strength returning to her as the psychic link filled her with DETERMINATION.

As the referee’s whistle heralded the end of the round, the two Pokémon watched each other intently as the ocean waves lapped at the shore and a light breeze blew around them. Both Pokémon looked a bit bruised, but for them, the battle was only just beginning.

ROUND 9 - END

I liek Squirtles (XOO)
duskull (mental-herb)
Health: 63%
Energy: 59%
Protect ~ Hex ~ Psych Up

Skyman (XOO)
growlithe (fire-stone)
[Axel] M <Flash Fire>
Health: 65%
Energy: 78%
Severely Poisoned (3% damage this round).
Snarl ~ Snarl ~ Snarl

Notes
-This reffing is a bit rushed because I’m on holiday.
-Axel’s third Snarl was a Critical Hit.

ACTION ONE

Accuracy: 95% --> Roll: (7/100) --> Success
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (32/100) --> No crit

Craneo Ominoso’s command: Protect

Action one results:

Axel
81 health
86 energy

Craneo Ominoso
82 health
69 energy

ACTION TWO

Accuracy: 95% --> Roll: (5/100) --> Success
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (23/100) --> No crit

Craneo Ominoso’s command: Hex
Energy: 8% base – 1% STAB = 7%
Damage: 13% base + 3.25% STAB – 2% boosts = 14% final damage
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (10/100) --> No crit

Action two results:

Axel
66 health
82 energy

Craneo Ominoso
74 health
62 energy

ACTION THREE

Accuracy: 95% --> Roll: (15/100) --> Success
Damage: 5.5% base × 1.5 super effective + 2.75% crit = 11% final damage
Critical: 5% --> Roll: (2/100) --> Critical Hit

Craneo Ominoso’s command: Psych Up

Action three results:

Axel
65 health
78 energy

Craneo Ominoso
63 health
59 energy

END OF ROUND
I liek Squirtles commands first next round.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom