• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I put the "x" in pixel

a late thank you to both of you C:

collage3.png

here are some more things I did during the summer!
damn I should try to get into that spriting mood again, I've been so useless the past few weeks :U

Presumably because the latter's star pokemon is the former?

Either way, fantastic as always. Question: how exactly would Equilance change forms, and how would one choose between which imbalanced form to take?

Questions? This pleases me :D

Balthazar and Equilance have the same colour scheme, because they're connected in a way. Equilance isn't Balthy's pokemon though since it's a legendary, it's kind of the other way around except not really. I should probably write a proper synopsis of the story of this 'game ' (note: never going to be an actual playable game) so that this would make more sense. :D

Equilance's forme depends on which one (or if both) of the other legendaries is in the party. If both (Metrailit & Cometrice) or neither are in the party, it's in its Balanced mode. Only Metrailit in party results in the Ghost-typed Imbalanced forme, and Cometrice results in the Psychic-type one.

and thank youuu it means a lot to me when people are genuinely interested! C:

Oh, believe me, I would love to see it happen too O:
Maybe if I someday managed to enslave some of the programmers at school and beat them until they cough up all the codes, this could become some kind of a thing. Too bad it's kinda unlikely since they'd have to be pretty nuts about Pokemon too and I'm not sure if any of dem coders is THIS excited about them. :/

that aside, here's another VS Sprite! These are fun.
e4_grass.png

I'm not sure of his name yet, but he's the grass-type E4 guy. Might edit his arm when I'm more awake but it's kinda done.

QUIKEDIT: oh yes and I think I finally fixed Izzy's face
gym_ice_izzy.png

yetanotherEDIT: now that I look at it, I kinda feel like redoing some other parts too
it's a never ending cycle why do I do this to myself

Last edited:
Thanks! C:

Actually, I managed to dig up a name for the guy already: Darnell (which apparently comes from a word meaning some type of grass)
Thanks for the suggestion anyway, I suppose he looks kind of Shawn-y :P

I edited some previous vs sprites (yet again) and I'm much happier with them now:

gym_ice_izzy-1.png
gym_ground_griselda.png

I'm currently working on a full-body vs sprite (like the one for the champion in BW2) for Balthasar, expect to see it here soon. :O

EDIT: here he is!
champion_balthasar_full.png

I'm sleepy and I'm probably gonna notice all the problems with the sprite tomorrow but w/e I'll just post it anyway
the hand is pretty ugghhhh but I'm done fighting with it today

comments??

Last edited:
Is person-with-boomerang a girl or a boy? and have you come up with names for any of these guys I can name four for each in a second XD

Boomerang person is a lady, and she's called Griselda (she's a ground-type gym leader).

These guys all have names atm but thanks for the offer :D

Griselda is kind of an amazon, so people probably do fear her P:

I finally redid the Pupcent split evo line because jesus tits the old ones were horrible.
u_zps7d73ba49.png

Changed Lunarf's psychic part into electric because it makes more sense. It is now a smugdog instead of an abomination.

(here are the old ones in case you want to barf/compare:)
u.png

*barfs*

For a second there I was like "wait what rock/electric evolves into rock/dark" and then I realized split evo. Moondogs FTW.

Pretty good sprites, though I must admit I liked Tenclipse's original sprite better.

I'm remaking more sprites! This time, the shield 'mon (sword pokes coming next).

vc.png

shiild.png

jesus dick just LOOK at this thing

... aaaaand I'm back. I didn't remake the sword 'mons yet, but here's a completely new line:
vs.png

woops why do we have so many fighting types WHY NOT

it's based on the bearded vulture which is a pretty badass bird okay

Haha wow it's been forever. I don't have any new fakemon sprites because I've had other stuff to do, but at least this new stuff is still Pokemon-related.

I found out that you can insert custom C-Gear backgrounds into your game if you can access your save file (which I obviously can do) so I went ahead and made some myself!
I was a lazy shit though, so they're just pretty simple pixel-overs of the official art.
9TD2ToZ.png
cGhwv60.png

If you're wondering why there's so much black space, it's because there are some restrictions to the C-Gear images. The image is divided into some kinda tiles and there are only a certain number of tiles that can have unique stuff. I had to edit them a few times before they were acceptable.
blah blah words

Last edited:
I found out that you can insert custom C-Gear backgrounds into your game if you can access your save file (which I obviously can do) so I went ahead and made some myself!
Is this for a ROM, or can you do it on the actual cartridge? And if you can do it on the cartridge, how is this done?

Back
Top Bottom