• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I'm vaguely interested in metal but I don't really know where to start

I've never even heard of this "Dog Fashion Disco", but I like what I'm hearing. Any specific albums I should get?

I only have a compilation album I got sent by their label, you're gonna have to dig into their back catalog for that.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Silence or Sirenia. Well furret mentioned the 13th floor but I'm afraid to see what Veland has come up with fucking Ailyn in the band since Nine Destinies was as bad as Elixer was good.

heck I'll just list all the albums I like and I'd guess other people would like without having to have the same-tuned ears as I do.

Sirenia - At Sixes and Sevens
Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
Nightwish - Anything pre-Dark Passion Play but Once and Century Child are amazing
Royal Hunt - The Mission (okay it's weird shut up I hate most prog but I like this)
Sonata Arctica - Silence, Ecliptica the further you go the weirder and less power-metal it gets, but For the Sake of Revenge and Reckoning Night are cool.
Danzig - Danzig This probably doesn't count as metal but I'm putting it here anyway
Turisas - They only have two albums so try Battle Metal
Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth

also 4 pages late but it looks like Dragonforce is actually starting to act seriously live if you look at the yt vids of their belfast performance there's much less dickery on the stage, which is nice to see.

DF were shit when I saw them like... iono, two weeks ago?

Danzig counts as really good

Royal Hunt are a good band as well.

well that's why I specifically mentioned belfast
there was still much fuckery like licking the guitar and waving at the crowd during solos but they're learning

also furret do you have a 13th Floor torrent? I put uTorrent instead of bearshare on this new laptop.

What do you mean, doesn't work? o.o There are at least four torrents listed there with a decent amount of seeders.

The link said 'maintenence' and 'The 13th Floor' got no results on the torrent links they suggested.

EDIT: tried it a few more times, it works now

I saw the audio autopsy at Global Domination for Sirenia and it got a 2.25/10 average and the owner of the site likes chick metal bands so....

Obviously The 13th Floor isn't going to appeal to everyone. Goth elistists will still hate the poppiness, and 9DAAD fans will hate it because it's not as hollow and uninspired as that album.

funny because these four are neither... i don't know I don't listen to Sirenia I have no interest in this goth pop "metal"

nothing except you are all like SIRENIA ARE GOOD but they are barely fucken metal as it is

recommend some metal that doesn't have chicks would ya

nothing except you are all like SIRENIA ARE GOOD but they are barely fucken metal as it is
... How are they not metal? Also, I never said "SIRENIA ARE GOOD." I would never use the word "are" after a band name. ;)

recommend some metal that doesn't have chicks would ya
I hate to break it to you, but I enjoy female vocalists in music. This reflects through my recommendations. Nobody's forcing you to even acknowledge them ?_?

(also, you are implying that male vocalists are somehow superior?)

Back
Top Bottom