• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

It may be pixels, but I'm not so sure about art...

Spherical Ice

Rawr I'm An Egg :3
It may be pixels...
Hi, welcome to my pixel art thread, with a lovely, low-self esteem title. 8D So yeah, shield your eyes before looking at this crap I conjure up in MSPaint. Enjoy. ;D

Note:
This colour indicates a new piece. Hover over asterisks (*) for more information on the pieces.

Fakemon.

These are fake Pokémon, made from pretty much scratch.
I definitely know I need to work on my skills, but I guess they're okay.
Oh, and (even though you probably don't want to) please don't ask to
use these in your hacks/games/role-plays/whatever, because the answer
is going to be "no," I'm afraid.
Alien-1.png
Alien1.png
PyrockEdit-1.png
PyrockShiny-1.png
Golava-1.png
Golava1.png

(From left: Psykinesis and shiny, Pyrock and shiny, Golava[title="Pyrock's evolution. Thanks to altariaking for the name."]*[/title] and shiny)
Proton-1.png
ProtonShiny.png
Dumdoh-1.png
Dumdoh1.png
Swewe.png
Swewe1.png
6s7tia.png

(From left: Proton[title="concept by sushiekat of deviantart"]*[/title] and shiny,Dumdoh and shiny, Sherbaa and shiny, Tox)

Coyseed-2.png
Coyseed1.png
Cratot.png
Faeceking.png
dpcy9d.png
Monana1.png

(From Left: Coyseed and shiny, Cratot, Faeceking, Monana and shiny)
Scratch.

These sprites are all completely scratch Pokémon.
Sunkern.png
2w65ok4.png

(From left: Sunkern, Shellos East)

Fusions.
Splices, mixes, whatever.

These are simply when I take two or more
Pokémon and merge them together, generally
including some scratch work and recolouring/shading.
They're no amazing works of art but I enjoy making them.
Oh, and I've got quite a few n_n.
iaza13349349735400.gif
CelebittyShiny-1.png
Amalgamon-2.png
w98xh4.png
zt6sys.png
2znwnkg.png
Hibogeki.png

(From left: Celebi/Skitty fusion, shiny version, Amalgamation*, Poochyena/Houndour/Umbreon fusion, Weedle/Groudoun fusion, Monozu/Zorua fusion, Dageki/Hihidaruma/Boappu fusion)

Typhloth.png
Beldig.png
Gengairy.png
Shuckloach.png
Chanrubi.png
Kakunaskhan.png
Wobbufloon.png

(From left: Typhlosion/Venomoth, Beldum/Diglett, Gengar/Clefairy, Barboach/Shuckle, Cherubi/Hanippy, Kakuna/Kangaskhan, Wobuffet/Drifloon)

Goldrita.png
Bayking.png
Aerodrowse.png
25sv6vb.png

(From left: Chikorita/Goldeen, Bayleaf/Seaking, Aerodactyl/Drowzee, Magmar/Lickilicky)

Pixel Overs.
Traces.

Basically, I get some work, generally Sugimori Art, and,
basically, convert it into pixel art, according to the palette
from the Pokémon's (most recent) sprite.

Lumineon1.png

(Lumineon pixel over and shiny*)

Revamps.

Old sprites, renewed to the standards of the most recent
versions of their sprites [no, not only GSC and back].
BulbaRevamp.gif
BulbaRevampShiny.gif
10fz9c2.png
DeoxysRevampShiny.png

(From left: Gold Bulbasaur and shiny, Ruby Deoxys and shiny)

Edits.

Ranging from drastic changes to mere recolours, all things
non-scratch that don't fit into the above categories are slotted here. n_n
Nidorina.png
Golemolten.png
Electrearth.png
keccjq.gif
House.png

(From left: Nidorino intro edit, Molten Golem, the Earth Electrode, "lick-the-screen" Meowth and a house tile.)

Non-Pokémon.

All of my other pixel art that is either not a Pokémon sprite or
just not Pokémon-related at all.

Tropius-1.png

(Tropius typography)

2n1ygiw.png

(From top: BD, D:<, o.O', n_n, u_u, o.O, :], 8D, :D)
Furrboi.png
lockernew-1.png
maggot_thing.gif

(From left: "Furrboi" a non-Pokémon monster, a locker, a "maggot")

The Adventures of Monokid.
The result of boredom~!

The white blob, Monokid, is travelling the land to
retreive his colour from the evil painters.
The sun, Sunny, helps him out and stuff.
I realise the mockup lacks hearts, health, points, etc.

Mockup.png
Tallboil.png
Monokid.png
Sunny.png
Trithorn.png
Smallboil.png
JumP.png

(Hover over the sprites for their names)

palette.png

(The palette used)

Last edited:
It looks nice. On the second sprite box, though, there's kind of a lot of shades.

Also, you could maybe post images with spaces in between? It makes a big scroll bar.

Third from the right is amazing. You must have worked really hard on that one.

It looks nice. On the second sprite box, though, there's kind of a lot of shades.

Also, you could maybe post images with spaces in between? It makes a big scroll bar.
Thanks. As for the "second sprite box," which I assume is the green alien thing, I don't think I agree with you on having too many shades. I think it's a nice balance. But whatever. And yeah, thanks Alurune for fixing that (and I'll fix the iaza things asap, thanks for that). Thanks again, dragonair.

Third from the right is amazing. You must have worked really hard on that one.
Thanks. It did take some time, but I'm afraid I can't take too much credit as it's an edit of this. Thanks though.

No new content atm, but watch this space.

And this space is now filled. :D

Pyrock.png
PyrockShiny.png

Pyrock, the Hot Rock Pokémon
Types: Rock/Fire
Abilities Magma Armour / Rock Head
Pokédex Entry: Their unique, green rocks are sometimes mistaken for emeralds. If provoked, they can encapsulate their whole figure in lava.

PyrockShiny-1.png
Golava-1.png
Golava1.png
Dumdoh-1.png
Dumdoh1.png
Swewe.png
Swewe1.png
Coyseed-2.png
Coyseed1.png
Cratot.png
Faeceking.png
dpcy9d.png
Monana1.png
Sunkern.png
w98xh4.png
zt6sys.png
2znwnkg.png
Hibogeki.png
Goldrita.png
Bayking.png
Aerodrowse.png
25sv6vb.png
Lumineon1.png
10fz9c2.png
DeoxysRevampShiny.png
2n1ygiw.png
Mockup.png
Tallboil.png
Monokid.png
Sunny.png
Trithorn.png
Smallboil.png
JumP.png

(From left: Pyrock shiny, Golava and shiny, Dumdoh and shiny, Sherbaa and shiny, Coyseed and shiny, Cratot, Faeceking, Monana and shiny, a Sunkern scratch, Poochyena/Houndour/Umbreon fusion, Weedle/Groudoun fusion, Monozu/Zorua fusion, Dageki/Hihidaruma/Boappu fusion, Chikorita/Goldeen, Bayleaf/Seaking, Aerodactyl/Drowzee, Magmar/Lickilicky, Lumineon pixel over and shiny, Ruby Deoxys and shiny revamp, BD, D:<, o.O', n_n, u_u, o.O, :], 8D, :D emoticons & a "The Adventures of Monokid" mockup)

I present to you Sherbaa's evolution:
6s7tia.png

Tox, the Poison Candy Pokémon.
Type: Normal/Poison
Pokédex Entry: It leaves a trail of poisonous sherbert wherever it goes. Only fools try to eat the candy that grows on it's fur.

/c+p from PC

Okay, so I'm refining and making Monokid into a game, still called The Adventures of Monokid. For info, check here:
--> click me <-- :]
bye_bye__colour_essence_by_sphericalice-d36h5od.png

This is a screenshot from the beginning cutscene (before any text has been added, mind you), showing Monokid as a baby, with his Colour Essence being taken away by the Painters. The cutscene is more of a storyboard, similar to in Kirby.

monokid_spritesheet_2_by_sphericalice-d36hga2.png

Just some of the sprites. :D

Last edited:
For Monokid, I would recommend having it so the enemies react differently defending on what color paint you use.

Like, say, a bull enemy who goes insane if you hit him with red paint.

What are the colors, out of curiosity?

For the painters, assuming they're based on the seven colors of the rainbow I'd name them... Crimson, Nora, Jonquil, Jade, Marin, Diego, and Violet. And Blake and Wyatt if you need those too. Naming the final boss Roy G. Biv probably wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Um, hi. I am pretty sure this is too old to bring back, but what the heck. I saw you with Seq (I am not on those forums; I just like sprite shops.) You should be FAMOUS! Anyway, just had to talk about how I've seen you. Yay. Monokid :grin:. I wanna see it if it gets to be a real game!

Back
Top Bottom