• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Just Plain Mafia [TOWN WIN]

Re: Just Plain Mafia [Day 1]

Well, there's also the fact that DarkAura does not appear to have posted. Makes them less suspicious in terms of being mafia, as obviously the mafia is paying attention.

I'm voting Mai because no real reason except boredom and I think DarkAura is innocent.

At this point everyone is paying attention. Everyone who had night actions sent them in (including ones saying they want to use their night action, most likely?), and I don't see how you would connect her not speaking to "she is not mafia". Now, if we went back and stalked DA's playstyle it's possible that we'd find an active mafia, but I remember an old one where she was mafia and rarely spoke at all.

... * Everyone who had night actions sent them in (including ones saying they don't want to use their night action, most likely?), and I don't see how you would connect her not speaking to "she is not mafia".

I shouldn't try to write two things at once.

I'm still confused as to why we're trying to lynch anyone at all. I suppose it would move the game along quicker, but...

I think we should abstain.

Particularly since there's possibly only one person we have to lynch, at most two, I'd think we should wait until we have a better sense of who they might be.

Gah, sorry I've been uber sick lately.

The residents of New Hope went home and resumed their daily lives, only tonight they made sure to lock their doors.

No one was lynched.
48 hours for night actions.

Re: Just Plain Mafia [Night 1]

All night actions are in! (Woot for activity)

Once again the people of New Hope greeted the new day.

Well, almost everyone.

Along Main Street Downtown the police had barricaded one block from the others. Men in yellow jackets were running around as they inspected yet another homicide.

The small town's citizens lined up, craning their necks and shouting questions to any officers that happened to pass by. Rumor had it that Mai had been killed. Though no tears were shed in her death as they bagged her body and carted it away, it still left the townsfolk even more concerned for their well being.

Mai is dead. She was innocent.

48 hours for discussion.

Re: Just Plain Mafia [Day 2]

So looks like we can rule out (with reasonable certainty) the possibility of the mafia having multiple kills. I'm also wondering if the line about "no tears were shed in her death" means anything?

What now, though? I must say I'm a bit suspicious of DA since Mai was talking about how the possibility of DA being mafia can't be ruled out. I'm hesitant to actually go with that, but I can't think of anything else just yet.

I hope that the first kill was just the Jack having shitty luck with the RNG Gods.
(By the way, Phantom, do you GM the Jack as having a few one-shot abilities to choose from, or a few abilities that are chosen by random when targeting?)

"No tears were shed of her death" could possibly mean she had a role that wasn't as important as Inspector or Healer. The ones that don't seem as important as the two aforementioned roles are Miller and Unlyncher (If we suppose that Lovers were Wargle and Windy). I haven't a clue what Unlyncher is (Well, aside from what the name suggests, obviously), so I'm going to go with the suspicion that Mai was Miller.

And adding to the fact, no one would shed tears at a Miller, because they'd think she'd be Mafia.

Based on past mafia games and Mai usually dying first, I would guess Mai would be the most likely to get assigned miller.

Unless Newton is.

I take it you are Inspector then, MelloScreamsKillerKarma?

I'll go with Newton, seeing as we have no other lead as to who the Mafia may be.

Mai was a miller. I inspected her last night, and she turned up Mafia.

Since my useful powers (healing and inspecting) are spent, I'll give everyone the head's up: I'm the Jack. I got three powers, one use each, of healing, inspecting, and killing. No, I did not kill anyone the first night. The two were lovers.

That said, Newton seems like a good lynch. Although, MelloScreamsKillerKarma, I'll be targeting you tonight if you've just gotten us to lynch an innocent.

Mai was a miller. I inspected her last night, and she turned up Mafia.

Since my useful powers (healing and inspecting) are spent, I'll give everyone the head's up: I'm the Jack. I got three powers, one use each, of healing, inspecting, and killing. No, I did not kill anyone the first night. The two were lovers.

That said, Newton seems like a good lynch. Although, MelloScreamsKillerKarma, I'll be targeting you tonight if you've just gotten us to lynch an innocent.

Who'd you Heal N0?

Wait, what? Why me? Obviously I'm not miller, but I know I'm innocent. I don't know why I'd show up mafia, unless you're lying?

Back
Top Bottom