• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kalos Mafia [Nuit Zéro]

Re: Kalos Mafia [Nuit Zéro]

Iiinteresting. I think we're going to have to hear from Superbird now.

Something tells me MF is pulling some bastard roles and that Majora is an insane cop, because those inspection results are the exact opposite from what I know to be true.

Anyway if/when I get lynched, I'll turn up as innocent. If Majora is truly an inspector (I have a feeling that this was a claim to protect Mai and off me simultaneously, but this is just gut feeling for now) then that should point out that he's insane, calling into question the result he got from Mai.

salfjh these posts

Okay I'm tired and feeling shitty so I'll just address why I didn't follow your suggestion. Since you were responding to Superbird, I thought you meant for him to try to get the inspector's results again tomorrow and seeing if they matched, or whatever. The suggestion for the inspector themself to inspect Mai again wasn't 100% clear.

salfjh these posts

Okay I'm tired and feeling shitty so I'll just address why I didn't follow your suggestion. Since you were responding to Superbird, I thought you meant for him to try to get the inspector's results again tomorrow and seeing if they matched, or whatever. The suggestion for the inspector themself to inspect Mai again wasn't 100% clear.
Superbird, yeah. I suppose we should stop discussion until he jumps in, to avoid confusing things more??? I'm getting asjl;kfsally too.

Ah, okay. In that case, I feel you, though it's an excuse :|||

Also if anyone could tie the vote, that would be appreciated! MF, how do you handle tied votes?
Ordinarily I randomize for them; not sure if that's what I'll do this time around, though, being that this discussion is coming along quite fiercely.

The inspection results I got match with Majora's claims. Still voting Blazhy.

...because as I at least think was clarified yesterday, Mai is innocent and I rolled that 25% chance.

okok so sorry
I'm acting in A Chorus Line so I haven't had time to check out stuff but
holy jesus this is taking a good turn

Did you target me last night, then?

Because I received a dreamer-esque message: either blazhy, Zexion, or you are mafia (and I mean either - the rest are confirmed innocent). Now, since blazhy thinks I'm mafia and I know I'm not (Superbird, input?), and you just made the message make sense, I know who I'm voting for.

Yes I did! The other two nights I targeted Alligates, I think.

... hm! Interesting. ILS, did you target Alligates night 0? Because she was visited by a fluffy dancer that told her Zexion had visited Mai.

As indicated by MF today, Alligates was Mr. Bonding. During night 0 she strongly bonded with me, meaning we could communicate outside of the thread. That's how I know this. In addition, even if she bonded with the Mafia, they would be converted to innocent. If ILS can confirm that he targeted Alligates on night 0, this should further cement my innocence.

Now since I'm convinced Mai is mafia, I wouldn't put too much trust in the info she just gave. I mean, I don't think ILS is lying about the inforole, and I can't think of a reason Zexion would visit another mafia member if he was mafia himself, unless there was a mafia healer or something... Plus I don't think she'd implicate another mafia member.

apollo-thinks%28b%29.gif

Ok, I reeeeally think blazhy is mafia and here's why.

apollo-deskslam%28c%29.gif

I think it's real weird for there to be a town recruiter. The mafia are the minority; why would their numbers dwindle because of some sort of semi-info role? This may seem out of place, but when lovers choose who they love, they get told what alignment the appointed lover is, right? Why wouldn't this be the case with Alligates? The fact that she died the next day is real suspicious, too. Because of this, I don't think Alligates visited blazhy on N0 as she claims...

apollo-objects%28c%29.gif

But she was visited on N1, instead! That would make more sense; blazhy's alignment would be revealed to Alligates, and she would need to be dispatched quickly to make sure she doesn't say anything about blazhy. Could I ask you why the wording bothered you? As I said, I have no control over what info I send or how I send it, so I dunno why that was such an issue.

Right, not gonna bother defending myself anymore since I'm not feeling so great and my chances are looking slim, anyway. But I assure you I'm telling the truth about Alligates - though once I'm offed, I don't suppose it'll matter. *shrug* I don't think zapping a mafia member into a townie is that overpowered of a thing, I mean MF clarified that the mafia would be notified and the new townie wouldn't be allowed to give mafia info, plus they'd be offed rather quick by the mafia just in case anyway.

It occurred to me that since my character /does/ have some connection to Team Flare, it's a possibility that I'm a miller /and/ and insane cop, though that's fairly mean.

I'm a bit confused, Superbird, why you said you got Light was innocent at first, then said you said you misread and it actually said I was mafia? That's a pretty huge misreading. Another gut feeling tells me there's a mafia inspector and you're using that to make yourself seem innocent (in which case I suppose the mafia inspector may be Majora), but. I dunno, just throwing out all the thoughts I can out there before I die, since it seems I will be dying. Although I might just be confusing people now. Hm.

ILS, I said the wording bothered me because you said that you could send info about someone's alignment, which I interpreted as a sort of inspector result. Instead Mai claimed to have gotten a list, along with possible alignments. I suppose that's still information, though I'd have thought MF would've worded the role PM differently.

Right, not gonna bother defending myself anymore since I'm not feeling so great and my chances are looking slim, anyway. But I assure you I'm telling the truth about Alligates - though once I'm offed, I don't suppose it'll matter. *shrug* I don't think zapping a mafia member into a townie is that overpowered of a thing, I mean MF clarified that the mafia would be notified and the new townie wouldn't be allowed to give mafia info, plus they'd be offed rather quick by the mafia just in case anyway.

... ? When was that, in a PM? That's still really contrived, and unenforceable - I'm sure the townie would drop some huge hints, and it wouldn't be a fair game even if they wouldn't.

Information is information, I suppose. I mean, if ILS isn't supposed to know what it is, then it makes sense.

Yep, that was in a PM. Perhaps contrived, perhaps unenforceable, but I mean it would make the game super boring so unless someone's a huge party pooper I don't suppose it'd be difficult to enforce.

... oh. I just realized that Majora posted right after Superbird came forward with the information about Mai the first day. Just now he said that he was going to bring it up when Mai was accused but it "sorted itself out"; however, nothing really did any of that after Superbird's post but before Majora's. It quite makes me doubt his information.

Also, ILS, I don't know if you've gotten any info or anything, but the way MF does it, that sort of stuff seems to happen just before the day phase starts. If Alligates targeted me N1, as you suspect, there would be no time for me to redirect my kill to her. And if she targeted me N0, as I said she did, she would have spoken up during the first day, don't you think?

Re: Kalos Mafia [Jour Deux]

While unnoticed at first, the singular event that would go down in history as The Dead Hobo Incident led to great controversy in the community.

On one hand, some voted for the same kind of fair and thorough investigation that would go into a better paid citizen....... But on the other hand, some just preffered to assume it had to be a hobo fight and the only reasonable solution was to kill another hobo.

Eventually, a small mob took the latter group's voice to action, taking to one of the alleyways with lots of knives and anger. There, they happened to find a young girl in tattered clothes with a cat of sorts...

Techincally, she wasn't a hobo anymore, and was just reminiscing in there. But there was too much anger (and knives) in the mob to dissuade them.

blazheirio889, the Emma, is dead. She was innocent.

48 hours for night actions.

Kalos Mafia [Nuit Finale]

"There is but one more who stands in the way of my plans." The leading man's brightly colored beard, quivering with his speech, was all of him that stood out in the dim lighting. "We will execute our plans as soon as that man is gone, and as such, I believe that I personally must carry out the deed. Though it pains me greatly..."

"Boss!" A vague, pale apparition most visible by their tiny tinted sunglasses piped up. "If you don't feel like doing this one, I could take care of it! Hehehe."

"I shan't allow that. I am afraid that I can still sense the sorrow in your voice from the events of this morning."

"Nrrrrgh! This silly 'feelings' babble! Always getting in my way ever since I kidnapped that adorable hobo!"

"Hey, she wasn't a hobo anymo-"

"Shut up, Looker!"

"Well, if we're going to get this done today, possibly" An entirely different voice flew from a larger pair of tinted sunglasses. "What will you have the rest of us do while you take care of this, boss?"

"Hmmm..."

"If I may recommend something, boss, our target for this night is a very high-profile figure, unlike that random child or that creepy man. If we want him down, we'll also want the eyes of the region away from what we do, just for this moment."

"Very well. And if we have a means of controlling the eyes of the nation, then... Could we possibly divert them all towards me as I finally execute our grand scheme?"

The rose-haired sillouete sighed. "I suppose that can be done."

"Excellent. So the three of you are on eye control duty, and I will be off to finish this tragic game."

Suddenly, Holo Casters across the nation received very dire news.

"Attention, all citizens of Kalos! A horrible chemical leak in the Pokéball Factory at Laverre City has contaminated all of the waterways in the region! I repeat! All waterways in the region are contaminated! This leak is believed to be the work of, say, angry separatist muskrats! We also advise every citizen to lock the doors, bar the windows and hide, because anyone who has already drinked from the contaminated waters is, uh, turning into were-Pokémon and murdering the shit out of everyone! Yessir! Stay home this night, watch some Netfluxio and eat donuts or something. It's very, very dangerous outside right now."

The astonishing report brought all business and socialization to a halt that night in Kalos. Post did not circulate, restaurants and cafés alike ran short of clientele, and absolutely no one at all captured hordes of Bunnelby to spam in Wonder Trade. The only noise in the Southern Boulevard of Lumiose City was a quiet ringing of the laboratory's bell.

"Who's there?"
"Your old friend, Lysandre. I'm afraid I've locked myself out of my own residence in a very dire time. Might I trouble you for some temporary shelter?"
"Are you sure you didn't become a were-Pokémon?"
"Wh- That is most preposterous!"
"I mean, you've always looked the part, right?"
"Would you kindly allow me in already?"
"Fine, alright, don't blow a gasket or anything. Geez, can't a couple pals get a few jabs in at each other?"

The gate doors creaked open, and Lysandre led his friend in. As soon as they were alone in his office, however...

"Ah, dear old friend, there's something I must do now although it pains me direly..."
"What's up? Are you turning into a were-Pokémon after all?"
"... That is it. I shall carry my duty out with nary a regret. Aid me, Gyarados!"

The professor's futile screams could not breach the thick walls of his study, and neither could the fierce sounds of struggle as a barely controlled sea monster rampaged free inside. By the time it was over, a could of debris, shredded paper and blood solidly covered the area, with much of it settling on Lysandre's clothes.

"I have done what had to be done." He whispered to himself wistfully as he retreated back outside. "And now I must do......... What also has to be done."

His associates Xerosic, Malva and Looker were all crowded right around the laboratory's mailbox.

"Check this out, there's a letter that was supposed to be mailed to me!" The pale scientist chimed excitedly. "Whoa, there's some kind of perfume coming out of it! I wonder who wrote this thing here. I bet it was a woman, from the delicate and beautiful handwriting!"

"Can I tell him?" Looker chuckled.

"Nah, it'll be funnier when he finds out for himself." Malva held a hand up to her chin.

"YES! There's a Pokémon here! Let's see what it does!" Xerosic violently threw the Pokéball from inside the correspondence and into the ground just as his leader exited from the lab's gates. "Come on, show me your most powerful attack!"

The Fennekin yipped happily and the breathed a gale of fire into the approaching Lysandre.

"This is most certainly not what I was thinking of when I founded this 'Team Flare'."

"So, Xerosic, you have a starter now, just like me and Looker here, huh?" A domineering glance formed behind Malva's shades. "That means... We could go on a Pokémon adventure! Just the three of us and my Froakie and your Fennekin and his Chespin!"

"Has your Froakie recovered yet from the PTSD?" Looker mused.

"I'm Elite Four, this wouldn't be any fun if I didn't have to start with a handicap. Even if it has to be a literal one."

"Oh. I'm all for it, then!"

"Yeaaaah! Same here!"

"If you would all simply hold for a moment" Lysandre held a hand out. "What of Team Flare's plot of mass murder for a better future?"

"Bah, nobody cares about that right now. It's adventuring time!"

"Rrrrrrrgh! Fine then! You three go on your stupid little adventure! I'll just be over there in Geosenge, killing everyone ALL BY MYSELF!!!"

Later that night, an angstful fist slammed into a big red button, and all life in Kalos -- no exceptions -- was exterminated.

==============

Zexion, the Professor Sycamore, is dead. He was innocent.

Team Flare (Mafia) wins!

I was kind of shooting for a dynamic game than what we usually have around here, so I set up a town that was focused on inforoles over protection from kills. Also, I gave both sides recruiting powers. Ultimately this was very much designed for a slightly larger player count, but I guess we still had some fun with it at 10 players, even if it was also doomed to be a rather short game, be it for one reason or for another.

Anyways, here's a brief listing of the roles:

(Note: If some of these roles seem overpowered -- some of they may be, but for the most part, it's because I'm not listing their specific limitations in this list since it's, well, abridged)

Light was Lysandre, a mafia recruiter.
Majora was Xerosic, a godfather.
Mai was Malva, an informer (aka someone who can gain access to a player's system messages for the night) and a party popper.
Superbird was Looker, an experimental role that receives the cop's reports, even when they cannot complete their investigation or would receive false results. He was converted by Lysandre in Night 1.

I Liek Squirtles was Tierno, a penguin (aka someone who can target a player at night to randomly provide information about the night's actions or some players' alignment, without having access themselves to the info).
Flora was Trevor, a roleblocker.
DarkAura was Shauna, the universal backup.
Zexion was Professor Sycamore, an inventor (aka someone who can grant other players one out of an array of one-shot powers, once per night).
blazheirio889 was Emma, a cop.
Alligates was Mr. Bonding*, a town mason.

*I was unsure between making the flavor that or Alexa or Cassius, so I gave Alligates a choice and she picked that.

In a jiffy there'll be a post with the fully detailed role PMs and the night action log.

/I knew it/ I knew there was something up with Superbird
Well we were more or less doomed from the second day, but that second day sure was exciting. Short, but good game~

I wonder if anyone can spot all the subtle XY references I've snuck into this setup.

[hide=Light, the Lysandre]You are LYSANDRE, and you are aligned to TEAM FLARE (MAFIA).

150px-XY_Lysandre.png

"When there is only one of something, it can't be shared. When something can't be shared, it will be fought over. And when something is fought over, some must survive without it. The only way to create a world where people live in beauty, a world without conflict or theft, is to reduce the number of living things."

The following are your powers:
FACTIONAL KILL - Each night, one Team Flare-aligned player with this power (and only one) may carry out a kill. The target of the killing, as well as the player performing it, must be specified.
FACTIONAL CONTACT - You can exchange private messages about this game with any other Team Flare-aligned players.
BEAUTIFUL SPEECH - Some living things must cease to be for the greater good, but still you hope to save as many worthy lives as possible. Not everyone understands your views, but some do... And when they do (and if they happen to have a spare 5 million pokédollars lying around), you can then make them a part of Team Flare, who will become the only survivors in the beautiful world you envision. During certain nights, you can target a player who is not Team Flare-aligned and speak to their heart until they are swayed to your side. However, you can not use this power on Night Zero, when Team Flare's intentions have not yet been announced; and as the difficulties of convincing people to understand your truth are tremendous, if you successfully use this power in a given night, you will not be able to use it for another two consecutive nights. Players that you recruit this way will be automatically given the FACTIONAL CONTACT power, but not the FACTIONAL KILL power, and additionally, they will not count as mafia for the intents and purposes of Team Flare's win condition unless all of the starting mafia other than Lysandre are dead (and even if Lysandre is also dead).
INDIVISIBLE RESOURCE - In a night when you do not use your FACTIONAL KILL (even if another player does) or your BEAUTIFUL SPEECH, you can grant FACTIONAL KILL to a Team Flare-aligned player who does not have it, as well as enabling them to count towards Team Flare's win condition. You can only use this power one time, however.
You are XEROSIC, and you are aligned to TEAM FLARE (MAFIA).

150px-XY_Xerosic.png

"Yes! That is it! Bonds! The preposterous notion which cannot be seen nor measured! And yet I cannot deny that they do still exist!"

FACTIONAL KILL - Each night, one Team Flare-aligned player with this power (and only one) may carry out a kill. The target of the killing, as well as the player performing it, must be specified.
FACTIONAL CONTACT - You can exchange private messages about this game with any other Team Flare-aligned players.
GODFATHER FIGURE - Each night, you can target yourself with this power in order to have any information-gathering role that targets you during the night be prevented from receiving incriminating information about you. However, you cannot activate this power if you are performing a FACTIONAL KILL.
You are MALVA, and you are aligned to TEAM FLARE (MAFIA).

100px-XY_Malva.png

"Oh, I can't tell you how happy I am to meet you again... I feel like my heart might just burst into flames. I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

LONG-DISTANCE EAVESDROPPING - Being the star of Lysandre's Holo Caster as well as the one spearheading Team Flare's information gathering of Lysandre's own design, you will have no trouble listening into any kind of chitter chatter from the townsfolk. Each night, you can target a player to check whether they have received any game PMs from the game host (aka me) and, if they have, read them.
FALSE BROADCAST - One time only, in a night when you do not perform the FACTIONAL KILL or use your LONG-DISTANCE EAVESDROPPING, you can activate either one of these effects: you can prevent all night actions other than the FACTIONAL KILL from going through that night, OR, you can cause the Day Phase following this Night to be skipped. If you use this power, however, everyone will ended up catching onto the suspicions that surround the Holo Caster, preventing your LONG-DISTANCE EAVESDROPPING from working for the rest of the game.
You are LOOKER, and you are aligned to KALOS (TOWN).

XY_Looker.png

"I leave it in your hands, Emma! I'll rest easy, knowing you're on the case!"

The following is your power:
CHIEF SLEUTH - Even if you can no longer directly involve yourself with the daily affairs in Kalos, you've still been trying to check on Emma, your apprentice who has remained there to protect Lumiose City. Still being a much more experienced investigator, you can, for the most part, effortlessly suss out any case that would still take your student twice as long to solve; as such, anytime Emma targets a player to make her investiagtions, you will receive a report of whether that player is aligned with KALOS or working against it. You will receive an accurate report even if role powers present in the game would prevent Emma from receiving an accurate report or carrying out her investigation successfully. However, in spite of exceeding credentials, you are still often led astray by your own ridiculous flights of fancy; as such, 25% of the time, you will actually receive an inaccurate report. This is still, however, the only power in the game that can interfere with your report -- anything else is just no match for the International Police.
You are TIERNO, and you are aligned to KALOS (TOWN).

250px-XY_Tierno.png

"Coming up with the world's best Pokémon dance IS my dream, after all! I was born to dance! I won't ever stop! Not with moves like this!"

INTERPRETATIVE DANCE - During each night phase, you can target a player and dance to them. You will have no idea what you're actually doing, but somehow, they'll be able to derive some meaning from your dance and, as such, will receive randomly chosen information about an action in the night or about the alignment of one or more players. Only your target will receive this information; you will not.
You are TREVOR, and you are aligned to KALOS (TOWN).

100px-XY_Trevor.png

"You see, using Honey will encourage Pokémon hordes to appear. Though if you are going to challenge a whole horde... You may want to use moves that can hit multiple... [everyone falls asleep at this point]"

POKÉDEX-OFF - During each night phase, you can target a player and ask to compare your Pokédex to theirs. Dragged into this trivial, pointless duel which only amuses yourself, you will drain that player of all of their time that night, preventing them from activating their own night actions. Factional powers can only be blocked this way if there's only one player in the faction.
You are SHAUNA, and you are aligned to KALOS (TOWN).

150px-XY_Shauna.png

"I think you call this feeling being 'entranced', right? Now, I have another great memory with you!~"

MEMENTO - Even if one your many friends were to vanish, you'd have much to remember them by. Sometimes, perhaps, a little too much. The first time a Kalos aligned player dies, you will be informed of which was their character and role, and you will acquire their powers, overwriting your own.
You are PROFESSOR AUGUSTINE SYCAMORE, and you are aligned to KALOS (TOWN).

200px-XY_Professor_Sycamore.png

"Well now, you DO have a certain je ne sais quoi! I have a good feeling about you!"

STARTER HANDOUT - You may not have the same list of credentials as the other professors -- and some would question whether you have credentials at all -- but you're still the one who enlists children to do your fieldwork on behalf of your lazy ass. En masse. As such, each night, you can present one of the players with their very own starter! Obviously, you cannot give yourself a starter; the whole point is to get other people doing your work. Also, note that you can only give each player one starter; no point in going around spoiling anyone! The following are the starters you can give away:
- CHESPIN: The Spiny Nut Pokémon. A sturdy and zealous defender who can withstand just about any blow, from crashes to explosions! A player blessed which one such creature can feel safe at night, for any one attempt against their life will be foiled. However, as this is still a weak and inexperienced Pokémon, it will only be able to stop one attack before it must be given respite.
- FENNEKIN: The Fox Pokémon. It's a little temperamental and hard to handle, but careful, timely administration of twigs should keep its mood at bay. If the owner of this Pokémon so chooses, however, they can let the little monster unleash its fire on an unfortunate designated victim who probably won't make it. However, as this Pokémon is very zealous and not yet entirely aware of its limits, it will unleash the full extent of its power in its first rush, and won't be in any shape to burn anyone else after that.
- FROAKIE: The Bubble Frog Pokémon. In spite of its somewhat quirky appearance, this Pokémon is always intensely aware of its surroundings and devastatingly fast. Its speed and alertness makes it a very smooth stalker, and as such, it can be commanded to keep an eye on someone for a whole night and even report whether they've met with (targeted) anybody else. After performing such a thorougly demanding mission, however, it may or may not become overwhelmed and/or excessively paranoid for a duration of time that will effectively render it useless for the remainder of the game.
- MEWTWO: Wait, WHAT? This "starter" can only be given away after all the other three have been. Its lucky proprietor will be able to target not one, not two, but rather, three players (including the same player twice, or the proprietor themself, or both) with the formidable powers of this "starter". One of these players will be protected from all attempts against their life during the night; another one will be killed, without being able to activate their own powers for that night, while also foiling any other roles that attempt to target them; and lastly, another one will have their alignment investigated and reported to the trainer. These powers must either be activated all three at once, or not at all; they cannot be activated separately. Also, even legendary Pokémon have their limits, and as such, after releasing this maelstrom of force, Mewtwo will require rest and will not be able to use its powers again during the game.
You are EMMA, and you are aligned to KALOS (TOWN). It would be REALLY COOL if you had OFFICIAL ART, but alas.

XY_Emma.png

"Mr. Looker... I think I understand... (...) I will become the new head of the Looker Bureau!"

SLEUTH OF LUMIOSE - Between everything Mr. Looker has taught you and the multiple psychic Pokémon under your command, you've become a pretty competent detective. Each night, you can put the resources of the Looker Bureau to work, targeting one player and investigating tirelessly until you can discover whether they're aligned with KALOS or working against it.
You are MR. BONDING, and you are aligned to KALOS (TOWN).

mr-bonding-in-camphrier.png

"It's bonding time!"

IT'S BONDING TIME! - You are the one and only expert on O-Powers, which are wondrous things that nurture bonds. Sadly, you've already wasted all of those on that dumb kid who was always showing up in a different outfit, so you'll have to make to with your natural charisma. Not that that's a hindrance at all, of course. In the night, you can target a player to bond with them intensely. Once you're bonded, you'll be able to communicate privately with them about this game. Additionally, if your target isn't KALOS aligned, you may even be able to change their alignment through the power of your intense bond! However, such intense bonding is special and cannot just happen at the drop of a hat -- as such, you cannot target new players in consecutive nights.
You are ALEXA, and you are aligned to KALOS (TOWN).

150px-XY_Alexa.png

"I'm the journalist Alexa. I gather info about what's going on in Lumiose, and then I write it down. I travel the world to gather information, but Lumiose is my real stomping ground. And I don't just know the famous shops. I could tell you exactly how many Espurr are in every one of our alleys!"

STYLE POINTS - Lumiose is a tough rut to break into, what with all the elitism and haute couture and tendency to spit on anyone who doesn't fit a preconceived idea of "stylish". Good thing you're around to help folks find their way around the convoluted city -- physically or socially. During the night, you can target a player to get them in with the VIPs; you can chill in the best restaurants and communicate privately about this game. Even if they're not KALOS aligned, they won't resist the glamour of the city and will change sides just to get their nightlife on. Pulling this off is a little more complex than it sounds, though: folks believe that when everyone is stylish, no one is, so of course, whenever you use this power, you won't be able to use it on the following night.

////

You are CASSIUS, and you are aligned to KALOS (TOWN).

cassius-115-xy-pokemon-500x500.jpg

"Check this out. You know what I'm doing here? I'm keeping the PC Box running! No, seriously! Bill over in Kanto asked me to come here and run things. For real!"

NETWORKING - During the night, you can tinker around with your system and target one player in order to provide spiffier PC services for them. With these, you'll even be able to keep in touch with them, if you even care -- you'll be able to communicate privately about this game with the player you target. And check this out: if you catch a bad guy, you'll wow them with your awesome tech (or your sudden new ability to check their criminal records) so hard that they'll even change sides! Sweet, right? But you know, you're not exactly one of those stiff fellas with the work attics and shiz, so you can't do your mojo in consecutive nights.
[/hide]

Flora (Tierno) used POKÉDEX-OFF to block Mai (Malva).
Majora (Xerosic) activated GODFATHER FIGURE and gained protection from inforoles.
ILS (Tierno) showed Alligates (Mr.Bonding) an INTERPRETATIVE DANCE. The dance has communicated that Zexion visited Mai.
Zexion (Sycamore) gave Mai (Malva) the FROAKIE through the STARTER HANDOUT.
Light (Lysandre) carried out the FACTIONAL KILL against DarkAura (Shauna).
alligates (Mr.Bonding) used IT'S BONDING TIME! at blazheirio889 (Emma).
blazheirio889 (Emma) investigated Mai (Malva). Mai (Malva) is mafia.
Superbird (Looker) received a true report through CHIEF SLEUTH. Mai (Malva) is mafia.
Mai (Malva) was roleblocked and could not obtain blazheirio889 (Emma)'s system messages through LONG-DISTANCE EAVESDROPPING.
No one was lynched.
Flora (Tierno) was inactive.
ILS (Tierno) showed Mai (Malva) an INTERPRETATIVE DANCE. The dance has communicated that one of the following players is mafia: Flora, Majora or Zexion.
Zexion (Sycamore) gave Superbird the CHESPIN through the STARTER HANDOUT.
Majora (Xerosic) carried out the FACTIONAL KILL against Alligates (Mr.Bonding).
Light (Lysandre) spoke a BEAUTIFUL SPEECH to Superbird (Looker), swaying them to Team Flare's cause.
blazheirio889 (Emma) investigated Light (Lysandre). Light (Lysandre) is mafia.
Superbird (Looker) received a true report through CHIEF SLEUTH. Light (Lysandre) is mafia.
Mai (Malva) used the FROAKIE to track blazheirio889 (Emma). blazheirio889 (Emma) targeted Light (Lysandre).
Mai (Malva) obtained Alligates's (Mr.Bonding's) system messages through LONG-DISTANCE EAVESDROPPING. There were no system messages for Alligates (Mr. Bonding) this night.
blazheirio889 (Emma) was lynched.
Mai (Malva) used FALSE BROADCAST to roleblock all night actions but the FACTIONAL KILL.
Light (Lysandre) carried out the FACTIONAL KILL against Zexion (Sycamore).

Zexion (Sycamore) tried to give Majora (Xerosic) the FENNEKIN through the STARTER HANDOUT, but was blocked by the FALSE BROADCAST. I didn't bother waiting around for other PMs. (If blazheirio889 were alive in the night I'd still have to wait for her investigation because Superbird would still receive a report, but that wasn't the case, so I wrapped the night up early -- any other night actions would have no effect whatsover; even the roleblocking would be blocked.)

So, who's up for Gen VI Pokémon Choice Mafia sometime soon? There aren't many other games going on, so I wouldn't mind hosting another one in a little bit.

If I may make a suggestion, MF, while the recruiter on both sides is a cool idea, it's more in the mafia's favour since they're guaranteed to get someone on their side, while the innocent recruiter is left making shots in the dark.
In a game this size, 10 people with 3 mafia, first night they recruit and kill, that's 5 townies and 4 mafia. Second night, I assume they can't recruit again (since that's how Alligates' power worked), but even after one kill that matches the townies and mafia. So basically if the townies can't lynch a mafia member, or manage to recruit a mafia member, they're screwed by day 2.

If I may make a suggestion, MF, while the recruiter on both sides is a cool idea, it's more in the mafia's favour since they're guaranteed to get someone on their side, while the innocent recruiter is left making shots in the dark.
In a game this size, 10 people with 3 mafia, first night they recruit and kill, that's 5 townies and 4 mafia. Second night, I assume they can't recruit again (since that's how Alligates' power worked), but even after one kill that matches the townies and mafia. So basically if the townies can't lynch a mafia member, or manage to recruit a mafia member, they're screwed by day 2.
I did design this for a larger player base. Also, Lysandre's recruiting was quite a bit more limited: not available in Night Zero (unlike Mr. Bonding's), and instead of waiting out a night before being able to use it again, Lysandre had to wait out two nights.

And besides, given the abundance of inforoles, it wouldn't be that surprising if the mafia lost some rank early. They just happened not to because, as is the leading cause of most things in mafia, they had the better luck and the better performance.

Whoops ninjapost. I see the mafia recruiter wasn't as good as the innocent one, but being able to recruit the second night still screwed us over. Tweaking that role should make it okay for other games, I think!

And I'd totally be down for another round of mafia c:

Back
Top Bottom