• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kam vs. Sage Noctowl

Well, this worked last time, you did a good job.
Same as last time: Spam Aura sphere until you have used it twice. This time, Swagger if you have an extra turn. Let's make this even more of a game: try to aim for the target.
Oh, and don't fall for the pre-Furret. Aren't you a little too young for this, anyways?
Aura Sphere~Aura Sphere~Swagger
(Darn it, Damage caps, making everything boring?)

3 vs. 3 single battle
Set battle
DQ: 6 days
Cap: 32%
Banned moves:OHKO moves
Battle Area: River
Not far from a bustling city is a quiet river, a perfect getaway for those who want to get away from the urban lifestyle for a few hours. The average speed of the river is about 7 km/hr. The river is split by an island in the middle. The island takes up about a quarter of the river width at its widest. The island is 50 meters long by 10 meters wide at its widest. Due to the size of the arena, Pokémon over 2 meters in height may not be used.
riolu.png

Riolu [M]
Steadfast
Health: 94%
Energy: 72%
Notes: Ohh, this is nice...
-1 Attack, +1 Defense
♥~Attracted (Mild)~

sentret.png

Lexington [F]
Keen Eye
Health: 68%
Energy: 67%
Notes: God, I feel like such a slut...

Riolu continues staring dreamily at the performance in front of him, panting slightly as his tail wags wildly. He blinks twice, sighs, and stands up, bringing his paws together. As a purple orb forms between them, Lex's eyes widen in fear as she scampers away, trying to dodge. The whoosh of the Aura Sphere launching echoes across the island and, despite Lexington's best efforts, the ball of life energy finds her and slams into her at the base of her long tail, scorching the fur and sending her heels-over-head flying.

Lexington shakes her head angrily and growls, realizing that her opponent is now completely lucid once more. She pouts for a moment, whining, and then her fur sparks and crackles. Yellow lines of electricity dance around her before, with a deafening rumble, the pent-up energy snaps from her to her opponent in mere seconds. The Thunderbolt, itself silent, is quickly absorbed into Riolu's body as he is wracked with violent spasms.

Riolu's fur stands up, now, both from anger and from the residual static left in his body. This time without an ounce of sympathy, the puppy tosses an Aura Sphere at his opponent. Lex is hit in the face with this one, and it leaves a nasty bruise over one of her small eyes.

Another yowl, another growl, another crackle of electricity before another bolt of pure electricity rips from the brown rodent to the purple dog. Another spasm, another whine of pain, and then again the enemies stand panting angrily and glaring at one another. A few short, angry jabs at each others' ancestry are made before the fighting recommences.

Glad to be deviating from this boring pattern, Riolu cackles like a jackal at Lexington. As her good eye bulges in disbelief, her opponent goes on and on about how he's so much better than her, prancing back and forth and even twirling at one point. The Sentret hisses with such a ferocity that the referee winces.

And then another, more ozone-scented hiss emits from her, electricity gathering in her every nook and cranny. With anger greater than anything she's felt so far, her tail stabs forward like a Drapion's and...

The electricity zaps her instead, knocking her over with maybe a tad less force than it would have on the Riolu.

riolu.png

Riolu [M]
Steadfast
Health: 76%
Energy: 56%
Notes: Snap-crackle-popping with anger.
-1 Attack, +1 Defense

sentret.png

Lexington [F]
Keen Eye
Health: 27%
Energy: 58%
Notes: Grrrrrrrr.....!
+2 Attack
Confused (Severe)

Notes

1. Lex was fully confused on action three.

Gah I am lazy do not hate me. (is the begging and pleading getting old?)

Let's just try to finish this off, shall we?
Why not try two Aura Spheres? You can take a little breather in between them.
Aura Sphere~Chill~Aura Sphere

riolu.png

Riolu [M]
Steadfast
Health: 76%
Notes: Snap-crackle-popping with anger.
-1 Attack, +1 Defense

sentret.png

Lexington [F]
Keen Eye
Energy: 58%
Notes: Grrrrrrrr.....!
+2 Attack
Confused (Severe)

Riolu sighs as he brings his small, purple paws together. This was not the noble way, shooting the same attack at an opponent, over and over, but his trainer was adamant on this point and he has no real choice. With a hummmmwhirr and a light clapping sound, the orb of purple aura snaps from paw to air to-

A green shield guarding Lexington against just such a stratagem. The Aura Sphere deflects off of the Protect with a boink, shooting off into the sky and, for all anyone knows, space. The shield shimmers and glints itself into a similar oblivion, leaving Lexington panting and Riolu stomping in indignation. That just wasn't sporting.

The riolu, a bit tired after that last attack, circles around for a bit and then sits, indian-style, on the grassy sand. He seems to be practicing some ancient Lucario Meditation Technique, or perhaps he's daydreaming or something. It's hard to tell, anyway.

Lexington, still hazy with anger, squeaks a war cry and leaps forward, her incisors glowing. She jumps, aims, and snaps her jaws around... Sand. Yummy. At least she reduced its health by half.

Riolu stifles an unprofessional guffaw as he steps to his feet. How humorous. Yet another purple, swirling ball appears in the Riolu's hand, rapidly expanding. As he's about to throw it, Lexington dashes up in a startling display of speed and slams a darkly-glowing tail into Riolu's legs, sending him sprawling onto the ground and the orb swirling around into nothingness. Riolu glares at her; that was very unsporting.

riolu.png

Riolu [M]
Steadfast
Health: 70%
Notes: "Master, she is simply not playing fair."
-1 Attack, +1 Defense

sentret.png

Lexington [F]
Keen Eye
Energy: 42%
Notes: Grrrrrrrr.....! (Oww)
+2 Attack
Confused (Moderate)

Notes

1. Since Super Fang missed, it only took 3% energy to use.

Go ahead, Kam.

Sucker Punch if he attacks, Super Fang if he chills, Chill if he protects.

I am not amused by my poor luck.

Sucker Punch/Super Fang/Chill x3

Let's have a little change up, this is getting boring.
Two Vacuum Waves with an Iron Defense between just to mess her up.
Oh, and if she ever trips up from her earlier anger, finish her with Aura Sphere
Vacuum Wave/Aura Sphere~Iron Defense/Aura Sphere~Vacuum Wave/Aura Sphere

riolu.png

Riolu [M]
Steadfast
Health: 70%
Notes: "Master, she is simply not playing fair."
-1 Attack, +1 Defense

sentret.png

Lexington [F]
Keen Eye
Energy: 42%
Notes: Grrrrrrrr.....! (Oww)
+2 Attack
Confused (Moderate)​

Riolu claps his hands in anticipation; a new set of orders? Just for him? The dog glances at his opponent, who seems quite clear-headed for now, from what little he can sense of her Aura. He slips into a sideways stance, legs spread beneath him, and is slowly surrounded by a heat-haze of brown energy. A complicated shifting of hands ensues, purple paws dancing with amazing speed. Lexington hazily sees her chance and rushes forward, twisting her tail around to knock the Riolu's head for a loop. The puppy growls in irritation and bounds back to his feet, ears pressed to his head. A quick glance at her Aura tells him that there's at least a chance that she'll mess up, and so he begrudgingly waits.

Lex looks angrily at her opponent, nose twitching. Why wasn't he doing anything? He wasn't attacking her, or resting, or doing that glowy-shield move... just standing there. So what was she supposed to do, then? She gazes hopefully at her trainer for a moment, but no advice is forthcoming.

Riolu, several yards away, is equally perplexed; she wasn't attacking him, nor did she look angry at all. She mostly looked annoyed at him, but that probably didn't count. Antsy to do something, the Riolu taps into latent Steel-type abilities, sending a rippling, semitransparent sheet of metal from his pores. This covers most of his vital areas and continues to glint and ripple in the damp sunlight. He senses no pressingly deep anger in her (the red waves shooting at a rather high frequency are more apple-red than crimson) and so he decides on an attack. Performing the same series of movement as before with his paws, this time the Riolu actually gets to the clap-your-hands part of the Vacuum Wave before being knocked head over heels by a Sentretail, the effect of which is somewhat lessened by the polymer of metal coating the Riolu's torso. Both Riolu and Sentret pant, but the latter more out of sheer physical wear than anything.
riolu.png

Riolu [M]
Steadfast
Health: 61%
Energy: 52%
Notes: His Middel Aege sensibilities are quite hurte.
-1 Attack, +3 Defense

sentret.png

Lexington [F]
Keen Eye
Energy: 30%
Notes: Owww! (Grr)
+2 Attack
Confused (Mild)

Notes

1. Both of the battlers were waiting on the second action for a while, and Lex's orders were unclear on what to do in such a situation.

2. Both of Riolu's actual attacks were smacked away by Sucker Punch.

3. Riolu was able to tell Lex's mood with his magic Aura powers.

SN's turn, methinks?

When I looked at the thread, there were no orders, so I assumed that the last reffing hadn't shown up. Sage Noctowl apparently hasn't been on in two months, but I thought I had seen some orders, so...

Really late DQ warning for SN? I'm sorry that I kind of suck at the DQ thing.

Um... well, that explains why there hasn't been a reffing in two months!

If Sage hasn't logged on in a while then there's no point in continuing this battle, so yeah.

Um... well, that explains why there hasn't been a reffing in two months!

If Sage hasn't logged on in a while then there's no point in continuing this battle, so yeah.

Let's put this thing to rest, then, shall we?

Lessee, Kam gets $16 (Godot gets two EXP, and Lex gets one) and Sage gets nothing and is barred from challenging for one month. I would get $10, but I kind of sucked at being a ref for you guys so I'm not collecting it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom