• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kanto Mafia [INNOCENT WIN]

Re: Kanto Mafia [D-3]

Hm! Perhaps ABCD claimed inspector in order to try to draw out the real one for the Mafia to kill. (Although then why would the Mafia try to kill Zora tonight when that would eliminate the need for the oracle to speak up?) I'm really more inclined to believe Zora, but it's possible that ABCD could have been inactive alien claiming inspector in order to get the Mafia to target him (and they could have done that last night), so perhaps we could have Lance deal with ABCD? (That is, if the oracle confirms that Zora is the real inspector.)

I take it I'm the Oracle, right? How am I supposed to inspect Zora if they are still alive? As Agatha, I can only talk to ghosts. Even then, I only find out who targeted them the previous night.

I take it I'm the Oracle, right? How am I supposed to inspect Zora if they are still alive? As Agatha, I can only talk to ghosts. Even then, I only find out who targeted them the previous night.

That's not what the oracle does. Sabrina is the oracle; she can ask the GM a yes or no question every night. (And for your role, it's not the previous night, it's throughout the entire game, right? Or did Meowth change it?)

EDIT: (because this is really not worth a new post) Zackrai: I can never remember flavour things! Role names are easier.

I agree with you guys on being utterly suspicious of ABCD considering that (for those of you not following along so closely) he claimed inspector, claimed Phantom was innocent, and then tried to get us to lynch her to prove he was inspector. Not sure whether he's Mafia or alien, so yeah, we'd probably better let Lance/Vigilante handle that*; but I'm quite convinced he probably isn't innocent.

On the other hand, if ABCD's actually the inspector, Zora popping up and saying "no i'm the inspector" would be a beautifully wicked way for the Mafia to mindscrew us and try to make us doubt and lynch our own inspector, or a good way for the alien to call attention to itself and get targeted by the Mafia. Keep in mind though, that this is just me doubting my own judgment on ABCD, and I haven't seen anything to make me actually suspicious of Zora.

Question for Zora: if you're really the inspector, why didn't you inspect ABCD? (Maybe this was covered before and I didn't see it; if that's the case, sorry for jumping down your back.)

Question for ABCD: if you're really the inspector, who did you inspect? If it wasn't Zora, why not?

*Since there's a vote for ABCD a few posts above me, I'll vote to abstain for now just to balance it out so that we don't automatically lynch the alien and die because somebody forgot to withdraw their vote and the thread moved so slowly we didn't lynch somebody else in time. I'm not so sure yet whether I want to lynch or abstain considering there was no death and therefore maybe an activated alien, but for now I'll just balance out that vote above me.

Then why not say Sabrina? you are really confusing me.

The longer you play Mafia the more you get used to the "standard", unflavored role names. It's easier to use those than to go back to the signup thread to look up what the flavored name of it is. Even though sometimes it's confusing for others before it gets explained.

(By the way, real inspector, there is really no point in inspecting the lying inspector, if you're thinking of doing so, so please inspect someone else tonight and don't waste a night!)

Last page, just before the day ended. In retrospect, probably not the /best/ decision I've ever made, but then, what if he rolled Mafia, I called him out and he wound up being an activated Alien?
Precisely why I hate alien roles.
I do agree however, that perhaps Lance should take this one, whomever he is. :l

Question for Zora: if you're really the inspector, why didn't you inspect ABCD? (Maybe this was covered before and I didn't see it; if that's the case, sorry for jumping down your back.)

Question for ABCD: if you're really the inspector, who did you inspect? If it wasn't Zora, why not?

(By the way, real inspector, there is really no point in inspecting the lying inspector, if you're thinking of doing so, so please inspect someone else tonight and don't waste a night!)

I, er, forgot about alien when I said that. :D; WHOOPS MY BAD

(Although active alien would show as Mafia anyway so idk it would only make a difference if they showed up as innocent. Which the fake inspector could lie about anyway, so.)

Last edited:

Alright, guys, I am Sabrina. Last night I asked if Applebloom was ever inspected, and the answer was no.

ABCD is probably NOT an inspector.

(First I tried to ask if ABCD was mafia, but I got stopped because you can't ask for alignment/role. Whoops.)

Alright, guys, I am Sabrina. Last night I asked if Applebloom was ever inspected, and the answer was no.

ABCD is probably NOT an inspector.

Could also mean it's alien. There was no death today, so if ABCD was trying to get attention from the mafia, it looks like it probably worked.

Oh, awesome! ABCD is Mafia or alien, then; I think I'd prefer to let Lance take care of it, though, so I'll vote no lynch.

EDIT: Well okay if you want to edit out your questions I won't quote them I guess?

Alien is a possibility too... I think I'll abstain.

Oops, I think editing out the questions was a mistake...

Night 0: There are four mafia members.
Night 1: Gary is not activated. (Of course, this could've changed.)
Night 2: Applebloom was never inspected.

Oh, okay! So since we started with four Mafia, that means we have three Youngsters. Legend claimed as one of them, so if he was telling the truth (pretty likely) we've got two more! (Did anyone else besides blazhy claim to be one?)

EDIT: Oh, so did ILS. One more, then!

Last edited:

I've inspected Legend (N1, I believe) and he rolled Not Mafia, so him telling the truth is pretty likely.

I've inspected Legend (N1, I believe) and he rolled Not Mafia, so him telling the truth is pretty likely.

Yeah, unless he's alien. Same goes for ILS.

But! I've realised something. Since there is most probably only one unidentified Townie (so the Mafia can't easily claim to be a Townie anymore), I want to roleclaim. :D

I am Koga, the tracker. The first night I followed one of Clover/ole_schooler. The one I followed is the roleblocker (they did indeed target blazhy), so I'd rather not say who it was. The second night I followed blazhy, who tried to kill me. :( (Which is why I was sure that she was the don and that there was no alien activated that night, at least.) Last night, I followed someone who didn't target anyone with their night action!

With all the roleclaims we've had so far in mind, I think these are the possibilities left for roles that wouldn't be targeting anyone with their action: Misty (lover), Lorelei (dayblocker), the remaining Youngster (vanilla), Gary (alien), and the two Mafia goons. Three of those six (possibly four, if Misty lovered a Mafia member or the alien) are people we don't want around. Since only one of those roles could possibly make someone a Mafia target (Misty, although that's only if she didn't lover a Mafia member), I think they should have no problem claiming!

So, Jack, what's your role?

Last edited:

So, Jack, what's your role?

Well, guh. I didn't want to roleclaim because (as you just said) it'll make me a Mafia target. But I'm Misty, the Lover.

I'm not going to out my lover because that may or may not make the Mafia more likely to target us (depending on its role), but I will say that it is not Mafia and not the alien.

Well, guh. I didn't want to roleclaim because (as you just said) it'll make me a Mafia target. But I'm Misty, the Lover.

I'm not going to out my lover because that may or may not make the Mafia more likely to target us (depending on its role), but I will say that it is not Mafia and not the alien.

Okay! Fair enough. (Of course the lover would say that, but we have no reason to suspect that their target is Mafia/alien and it's more likely that it's not, so.)

So unless I've missed something or someone else claims Misty or something, these are the people left who haven't had their innocence (or at least, not-Mafia status) confirmed in any way (excluding ABCD because we already know they're not with us):

2. InvaderSyl
3. Whirlpool
7. SilverJade
8. Mai
18. Phantom
19. OrngSumb

Zora, the roleblocker, and I should be able to go through that list pretty quickly if we coordinate our night actions (although Zora's inspections are the only way we'll really be able to find Mafia goons). Zora, want to tell us who you plan to inspect tonight so I can make sure to track someone else?

The whole "not say who my lover is" thing won't work very well, considering we only have two doctors, and two role-confirmers, and the lovers.

Oh, and Jack's a good player.

The whole "not say who my lover is" thing won't work very well, considering we only have two doctors, and two role-confirmers, and the lovers.

Oh, and Jack's a good player.

Wait... What is that supposed to mean?

Back
Top Bottom