• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

knives alley hydra mafia

was about to explain why we'd come around to the position of scumreading zori but I Guess Not

-qenya

they were both town.
thought upon rereading: the fact that rari felt the need to specify "both" is probably the best evidence we have so far for sande's hypothesis about hydras with opposite alignments being correct

-qenya

they were both town.
thought upon rereading: the fact that rari felt the need to specify "both" is probably the best evidence we have so far for sande's hypothesis about hydras with opposite alignments being correct

-qenya
well, maybe; i think it would be sort of weird not to do this after having yeeted an individual yesterday regardless of whether split alignments are a thing or not, so i don't think it's any stronger evidence than that was

anyway @bruh moment you wanna explain why you thought it would be a good idea to fiddle with the results of the vote right before EoD?

-qenya
sure, the stryke vote sucked and we had the power to cancel it.
-q

but why not simply switch your vote from alma mater to eifie!?
it was more dramatic to use an Action
we'd been conflating our existing alma vote with the eifie one and didn't really process that they might count differently if the theory did hold any water, so in the EoD Rush we were like oh fuck. This is Our Only Option. yes we're stupid
- m

sande probably has a better grasp on the gamestate than i do
i'm just here to do mech analysis before i have to do other things

given that we are hydras but we can also eliminate individuals, and it's probable that members of a hydra can have different alignments, we can check the ratio, and see that in a 14p game, we likely have 3-4 mafia players.

the mafia can kill 2 players at night, if the hydra is both town

we are 11 people right now, 5 and a half hydras.
we're not in danger of reaching scum maj yet, so that's good
idk if it's mechanically better to eliminate a pair or not
will think about this more and continue in another post

lolfoxes — zori and mistyx — have died. they were both town.
!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!

!!!

I am a watcher/motion detector who camps out at my binoculars and watches who goes in and out of my target's house each night.

last night I watched lolfoxes and saw zori exit, then return, then qenya enter.

qenya

given that we are hydras but we can also eliminate individuals, and it's probable that members of a hydra can have different alignments,
idk if it's mechanically better to eliminate a pair or not
well,,,,,,,,,

if it's true that alignments can be split, then of course it would be better to eliminate individuals so that we're not cutting down townies in the crossfire. but the problem is that it's not actually "probable," it's just possible—and if it's not the case, then taking mafia out one at a time means it'll take twice as long for us to win, which essentially means we lose.
-q

(I chose to watch lolfoxes n1 because n0, we had arbitrarily/randomly decided to watch bruh moment, who was visited by zori alone, which I found suspicious.)

on second thought 4 maf in a 14 player game is a bit much
so i'm going to operate under the assumption that there are 3 maf

...huh
qenya

back to the analysis, we're 8-3
if we eliminate 1, maf nks 2, we're either 5-3 or 6-2
if we eliminate 2, maf nks 2, we're either 4-3, 5-2, or 6-1

mechanically, eliminating a whole hydra might be better?
but i'll take the watch we have lol

(I chose to watch lolfoxes n1 because n0, we had arbitrarily/randomly decided to watch bruh moment, who was visited by zori alone, which I found suspicious.)
did you see anything else?
-q
after zori visited you n0 and then left, the both of you together left your house. that's all I saw that night.

Back
Top Bottom