• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Loved in Death

Alexi

The Religion section is now a joke
Loved in Death

Upon the news of her father’s death,
Something inside her broke.
So she plunged herself into the brook,
Letting out her last breath.

Hamlet’s madness aided in her own,
Though she loved him dearly.
And with Hamlet and Father gone,
She felt completely alone.

Now they all have joined her again.
The Angel has shown them the way.
It was the ultimate price they did pay,
But now she has her men.​

Wrote this in English, thought I'd post it for opinions~

So some girl commited suicide 'cause her dad and some guy named Hamlet died?

What's it about?
I can't figure it out.
I think I'll die,
If any harder I try.

Yeah, I don't understand it. And then that poem came to me, dammit. I hate it when that happens.

But it was pretty good, the poem. Didn't rhyme much, but then mine don't sometimes either.

@opal: woe is the state of the american education system... but here in the US we usually don't learn Hamlet until late in high school, either senior or junior year. My school did it at 8th grade so :X

In the first stanza, the last line seems jarring compared to the rest of the rhythm if I try to read it aloud. Third stanza third line- wording seems awkward? Also I think there's a meter issue (but I'm not a poet and can't count beats for my life)

@opal: woe is the state of the american education system... but here in the US we usually don't learn Hamlet until late in high school, either senior or junior year. My school did it at 8th grade so :X

I have never done Hamlet in school and I still know its plot, themes, and characters. :( That is no excuse!

Woohoo, thanks all~ I know some of the wording is wonky, I need to revise it (hence why I posted it year), so I'll mull over your advise and see what comes up. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom