• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia: A First Chance [Innocent Victory]

Zexion

All the right shades, on the wrong page.
Pronoun
he
After having a group dinner at the Diner, the residents of New Haven head to bed. The lights flicker on the streets and each person can sense something. They don`t pay attention to it. Dark clouds drift overhead as each enters their house. Lights turn off, and soon shadows drift around.​

As posted previously states, you have 48-hours to submit night actions. If no role has been recieved, PM me.

Due to a GM mishap, I had to reissue the Roles. Your new PM should be in.

Last edited:
Re: Mafia: A First Chance [Day 1]

An employee returns home late, leaving town hall with a file in hand. As their door closes, all the lights go out within their house.
-------
A few hours later, a chicken sounds as the sun peaks on the horizon. The citizens of New Haven awake and head to the diner. One by one, they arrive and order breakfast. By mid-morning, one citizen stands. They do a quick head-count and are surprised to see everyone is accounted for. The citizen recounts, and gets the same result. They announce that everyone is accounted for. Everyone else looks around, just as surprised. Once everyone is finished eating, they begin discussion on what could have happened.

After Night 0, no one has died. You have 24-hours for discussion.

that there is a doctor is quite probable, considering that control of dialga more or less mentioned as much in the signup thread; now, we can take the breaking strategy in doctor-cop-townie-mafia games of having the cop claim and then provide information on that while the doctor doesn't claim. or something like that. hrml.

It's not just probable that the doctor exists; it's virtually guaranteed, since it's explicitly listed in the sign-up thread, and I can't think of any reason to list it there if the doctor weren't in the game.

There doesn't seem any downsides of the cop revealing him/herself, since there's a doctor, and mafia doesn't seem to have special tools to prevent the cop from acting on his/her night action.

If cop doesn't reveal him/herself, then he/she and the doctor both have a chance of getting killed (or more, I don't know how many kills there are each night). If the cop does reveal him/herself, then only the doctor is at risk of getting killed. Therefore I suggest the cop to reveal him/herself, even if he/she has no useful information.

(I should probably stick to a single third-person pronoun...)

Question to the GM!

Are the possible roles in this game restricted to the four listed in the sign-ups?

The four listed are it...

or are they?

They are... just yanking your chains

yiran said:
(I should probably stick to a single third-person pronoun...)

Shklee (For He/Her) and Shklir (For Him/Her).

Now then, I don't really think the cop (if there is one) should roleclaim just yet, because if they claim and have no info, then what's the use? For all we know, the doctor (if there is one) could very well be inactive during nights, making them unable to heal the cop.

Or yiran could just use they! It doesn't really imply a gender.

The cop could claim and they would be safe, yes, but that would also mean an innocent gets killed every night (the mafia will know who's getting healed, after all--and if the doctor doesn't heal the inspector, they can die). Do we really want that?

... Aaand Seeker just said that. Good job, self.

Le Sabre, do you have a specific point to make other than listing the possible roles?

Now then, I don't really think the cop (if there is one) should roleclaim just yet, because if they claim and have no info, then what's the use? For all we know, the doctor (if there is one) could very well be inactive during nights, making them unable to heal the cop.

Bold and Underlined please.

... Aaand Seeker just said that. Good job, self.

Owned.

Really, the only question worth asking about roles at this point is if there is only one of each power role.

(But that might be confidential)

Or yiran could just use they! It doesn't really imply a gender.

The cop could claim and they would be safe, yes, but that would also mean an innocent gets killed every night (the mafia will know who's getting healed, after all--and if the doctor doesn't heal the inspector, they can die). Do we really want that?

or, you know, rewrite in passive voice! ... what do you mean that's not practical, is entirely practical. mind, I'm the one who ... does strange things to its language, one might say, so I will make no further contribution to this discussion of pronoun to use for a person of unknown gender.

but since we're discussion grammar anyway, the wording on the role list implies indicates civilians (plural), mafia (singular, but a group -- one faction, without necessarily any known number -- but with eleven players, presumably between two and four, four unlikely), and one each of doctor and cop. er, detective.

now, we also know that the doctor was most likely active at least yesterday due to the lack of a kill. that might also be the mafia being inactive, to be sure, but I ... doubt that.

oh, and while I'm at it, mai, we very much do want that to happen -- if the cop doesn't out itself, the mafia will kill off innocents anyway because the chance of the doctor picking the same person as the mafia is ... low, to say the least; there is roughly the same chance that a doctor saves a person at least once as there is that it saves a person no times.

Have a ball.

EDIT: Not Control of Dialga. You are lucky I answered.

excellent.

now, as it happens, I am the detective.

now, Applejack, do enjoy constructing an alibi. it will amuse me greatly.

doctor, please contact me if possible -- I would like to be quite sure there is no chance of healer clash, so.

If cop doesn't claim and they die, it's even worse.

Doesn't matter, because it already claimed. (Heh.)

Lynch Applejack

Wow. You are all so quick to trust res... isn't it a standard rule to kill of res first? Or was that just tv tropes...

I am abstaining. If Applejack is innocent I don't want to be blamed for trusting res. If Applejack is innocent, res is to be lynched tomorrow... and maybe all you slops who trusted them so quickly.

Abstain.

Plus you are all so certain of a lucky doctor when can't it be just inactive mafia?

Back
Top Bottom